Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, DON said:

Kidney 1g1a, 4-3 win, 1st star GWG in OT worth a watch.:thumbs_up:

https://theqmjhl.ca/gamecentre/29087/boxscore

Roy 1g, 2nd star, GWG in OT worth a watch (not as nice, but "clutch":clap:)

https://theqmjhl.ca/gamecentre/29292/boxscore

Thanks for sharing, both OT winners were beauties. I actually liked Roy's better as he went the length of the ice. 

Harris/Struble vs Tuch all 0 pts in 1-0 OT game yesterday, play again today.

Kidney vs Simoneau/Trudeau today; Simoneau is pretty shifty player, but he is 20 in his 4th junior year, so should be step ahead.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/catching-the-torch/2021/11/19/22785990/catching-the-torch-montreal-canadiens-prospect-stats-highlights-xavier-simoneau-projectable-game

Sniper/Goon Xhekaj is now on a 4 game goal streak, 11pts in 11gms.

52 minutes ago, DON said:

... Sniper/Goon Xhekaj is now on a 4 game goal streak, 11pts in 11gms.

A rearguard Tom Wilson ?

19 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would take that. Need someone to keep the opponent honest, hopefully he will acquire a little more discipline as he matures. 

A rearguard Pezzetta is more likely, and I would take that

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

A rearguard Pezzetta is more likely, and I would take that

Biggest questions i got, footspeed and mobility (maturity at moment also). Can he get up to NHL pace and he is almost 21 already.

29 minutes ago, DON said:

Biggest questions i got, footspeed and mobility (maturity at moment also). Can he get up to NHL pace and he is almost 21 already.

The interesting thing about this guy is his progression so far, he was a nobody at 17, worked hard to get to where he is. Will he keep progressing or has he topped out?  The Habs didn't have to give up anything so it's a low risk signing. 

53 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The interesting thing about this guy is his progression so far, he was a nobody at 17, worked hard to get to where he is. Will he keep progressing or has he topped out?  The Habs didn't have to give up anything so it's a low risk signing. 

That's the big thing, the inexperience factor.  Lots of OA junior players don't have a lot of upside but with him being a late-bloomer and being off all of last season, it's possible there is some room for improvement.  But as DON correctly noted, mobility is a big issue that he's going to need to work on.

Cannot say I like the tone of what he says ... seems to me he is giving the lid the green light to force a trade ... even though hat he said is true, I would much prefer he just blah-blah about always being in touch (at least with Harris' agent) and dealing with it after Jordan's season ends.

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Cannot say I like the tone of what he says ... seems to me he is giving the lid the green light to force a trade ... even though hat he said is true, I would much prefer he just blah-blah about always being in touch (at least with Harris' agent) and dealing with it after Jordan's season ends.

I don't like the tone either.  Harris said in a previous interview that his plan was always to sign with the Habs. Has something changed?

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't like the tone either.  Harris said in a previous interview that his plan was always to sign with the Habs. Has something changed?

Or is Bergevin just preparing the media/fans in case he can't get him signed (assuming he is still wit the habs then) ... back in August Harris told TVA:

«Je n’ai absolument rien contre le fait de jouer à Montréal. Bien au contraire! C’est le plus beau marché de hockey au monde avec, en prime, les meilleurs fans. Tout le monde a été séduit par le parcours du club en séries. Honnêtement, jouer pour les Canadiens serait un immense honneur. Mes droits appartiennent toujours au Tricolore et le plan est de m’entendre avec l’équipe.»

Translation: "I have absolutely nothing against playing in Montreal. Quite the contrary! It is the best hockey market in the world with, as a bonus, the best fans. Everyone was so excited by the club's run in the playoffs. Honestly, playing for Canadians would be a huge honour. My rights still belong to the Habs and the plan is to sign with the team."

Farrell 1a in 5-2 win. 12pts in 8gms.

Bit on Harris The Athletic:

“Right now, Harris is, in my opinion, the best defenceman in the country, and I really believe that,” said Jerry Keefe, who plays Harris between 26 and 30 minutes a game. “I just think he brings an element that he plays 200 feet, he can defend against anyone and he can transition against anyone.”

Harris says he tries to model his game after Duncan Keith in his prime, but Ryan McDonagh is probably a better comparison in terms of his style of play. Harris doesn’t have the same size as the Canadiens’ second-round pick in 2007, but defensively they share an ability to neutralize opposing attacks in similar ways...."

3 hours ago, DON said:

Farrell 1a in 5-2 win. 12pts in 8gms.

Bit on Harris The Athletic:

“Right now, Harris is, in my opinion, the best defenceman in the country, and I really believe that,” said Jerry Keefe, who plays Harris between 26 and 30 minutes a game. “I just think he brings an element that he plays 200 feet, he can defend against anyone and he can transition against anyone.”

Harris says he tries to model his game after Duncan Keith in his prime, but Ryan McDonagh is probably a better comparison in terms of his style of play. Harris doesn’t have the same size as the Canadiens’ second-round pick in 2007, but defensively they share an ability to neutralize opposing attacks in similar ways...."

With. little work in Laval he could be a solid 3rd pairing defenceman.

Only Harris knows what he is going to do (assuming he has made a decision). But he certainly doesn't appear to be shutting the door on the Habs.

Harris has remained in close contact with Canadiens director of player development Rob Ramage, who went to watch a recent game between Northeastern and Harvard, a game that included three Canadiens prospects (Jayden Struble of Northeastern and Harvard’s Sean Farrell being the others). A few days earlier, Canadiens assistant GM Scott Mellanby and assistant director of player development Francis Bouillon were in attendance when Northeastern took on the University of New Hampshire.

What is most certain here is the Canadiens want Harris, but the ball is in the player’s camp.

“Which is a huge honour,” Harris admitted. “I mean, what kid wouldn’t want to play for the Canadiens? And I’ve thought that since I was drafted there, and even before then. It would be a dream come true. And they’ve been fantastic to me and they’ve showed their interest, and that’s super humbling. And so I’m hoping that things work out.”

No, but he grew up in a  Boston suburb, going to a Boston university, Bruins are a good team (i think?) but could use a young d-man (i think) and all he would need to do is with till mid-august and could have up to 32 options to possibly mull over.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

No, but he grew up in a  Boston suburb, going to a Boston university, Bruins are a good team (i think?) but could use a young d-man (i think) and all he would need to do is with till mid-august and could have up to 32 options to possibly mull over.

The Habs can still burn a year of his entry-level contract this season, getting him to RFA sooner.  If he was to wait to go to UFA, he'd still have to a sign a two-year ELC so he'd have to wait longer to get a bigger contract.  That's the one element that's still in Montreal's favour.

It appears that loyalty is a big thing to Harris, which is why he returned to Northeaastern for his final year. That loyalty may also nudge him toward the Habs, who have shown commitment to him.

We don't know yet how good he will be, but I do hope that we manage to sign him.

Mysak 1g(14) 1a mid 2nd period. NOw 13th in OHL scoring 24pts in 17gms

From Q website:

"Here are the QMJHL players who earned their spot on the Videotron Team of the Week for the period ranging from November 15 to 21, 2021.

_

FORWARDS:

DEFENSEMEN:

GOALTENDER:

• Olivier ADAM | Drakkar | Baie-Comeau | 2-0-0-0, 0.980%, 0.50, 1SO"

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Well ... the option is the Habs versus Sabres ........... so maybe