Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

... the option is the Habs versus Sabres ........... 

Oh, i know.

I am simply not expecting a very entertaining battle between those 2 weak teams.

Go Crimson go, hope Farrell lights up New Hampshire!

12 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

A big night for Joshua Roy 1G 3A, 1st star and now leading the Q in scoring. 

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Local picks doing well.

Roy           36pts in 20gms; 1st Q scoring ...

Now that his head seems to be on straight, Roy may have the POTENTIAL to be the best player ever picked 150th in the draft; his "opposition" is:

2004 Mikhail Grabovski FORWARD Montreal Canadiens 534 games 125 g 171 a 296 pts 312 PIMs
1998 Trent Hunter FORWARD Anaheim Mighty Ducks 497 games 101 g 135 a 236 pts 209 PIMs

It 'seems' that top prospects who fall in the draft for attitude or some such thing, tend to fall for good reason. (Other than those for size of course)

But, hope they struck gold, local fans would particularly love it.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

It 'seems' that top prospects who fall in the draft for attitude or some such thing, tend to fall for good reason. (Other than those for size of course)

But, hope they struck gold, local fans would particularly love it.

True ... but in a few cases the "draft fall" can be a wakeup call ... after being the QMJHL first overall pick Roy was a bit disappointing with 44 points in 60 games ... a bit better last season (pt/gm) but still not enough to impress the scouts ... this year he has almost 2 points per game ... he was said to have reported to the Habs rookie camp in the best shape of his life ... fingers crossed this isn't just a blip

I cant think of any that actually were ranked high, fell and then proved scouts wrong?

Falling strictly due to size are only ones (and numerous) that easily come to mind.

Guhle 2g (1,2) 6 shots 1st star in 2-1 win.

https://whl.ca/gamecentre/1018090/boxscore

Lots of the kids playing today

Baie-Comeau Drakkar at Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2:00 pm

Riley Kidney -

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada at Charlottetown Islanders 2:00 pm

Xavier Simoneau -
William Trudeau -

Val-d'Or Foreurs at Sherbrooke Phoenix 3:00 pm

Joshua Roy -

Hamilton Bulldogs at Oshawa Generals 6:05 pm

Jan Mysak -

Prince Albert Raiders at Winnipeg ICE 6:00 pm

Kaiden Guhle -

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at Northeastern University 3:00 pm - Watch online

Jordan Harris -
Jayden Struble 

Not a Hab ... yet anyway ... but one fan believes

image.png

• Upvote 1

I just saw that Kaiden Guhle was traded to the Oil Kings. I might have to go to a few games now.  The Oil Kings obviously value him highly as they gave up a whole lot for a guy who I believe is in his last year of junior. 

https://whl.ca/article/nhl-prospects-guhle-latimer-swapped-in-blockbuster-deal

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I just saw that Kaiden Guhle was traded to the Oil Kings. I might have to go to a few games now.  The Oil Kings obviously value him highly as they gave up a whole lot for a guy who I believe is in his last year of junior.

It definitely will be his last year of junior - he'll be in Montreal or Laval next season. 

It'll good for him to get the experience of the WHL playoff run, which would have been unlikely in Prince Albert.

The Raiders get two younger players, two first-round picks and two later picks, a nice haul that will help them build for the future.

Kids on 4 of top ten teams.

https://theqmjhl.ca/article/kia-chl-top-10-rankings-blazers-on-fire-as-season-hits-december

Kia CHL Top-10 Rankings – Week 9

1. Winnipeg ICE
2. Kamloops Blazers
3. Everett Silvertips
4. Edmonton Oil Kings
5. London Knights
6. Charlottetown Islanders
7. Gatineau Olympiques
8. North Bay Battalion
9. Sherbrooke Phoenix
10. Hamilton Bulldogs
HM. Kingston Frontenacs
HM. Guelph Storm
HM. Quebec Remparts

couple games today;

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles at Acadie-Bathurst Titan 6:00 pm

Riley Kidney -

Sherbrooke Phoenix at Québec Remparts 7:00 pm

Joshua Roy -

Hamilton Bulldogs at Barrie Colts 7:30 pm

Jan Mysak -

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

It'll good for him to get the experience of the WHL playoff run, which would have been unlikely in Prince Albert.

He gets the junior playoff experience but also will potentially lose out on playing down the stretch for the Habs.  With the schedule extending to the end of April, it's quite possible that had he stayed with Prince Albert or been moved to a team that was likelier to be eliminated in the first couple of rounds, he'd have been able to get some NHL action over the final few weeks without burning the first year of his ELC.  He's someone that is going to push for a roster spot in training camp so getting the early jitters out of the way could have also been beneficial for him.  It could technically still happen but Edmonton is really loading up and has to be considered a contender.

Kinda hoped Guhle is INKED into next year's Rocket roster and does not play in the NHL till spring 2023.

If this is the 'new' Habs and a slow down on rushing any kids into NHL is happening, i hope thats how plays out.

It aint like Guhle will need to help the Habs on a cup run next season. 

27 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He gets the junior playoff experience but also will potentially lose out on playing down the stretch for the Habs.  With the schedule extending to the end of April, it's quite possible that had he stayed with Prince Albert or been moved to a team that was likelier to be eliminated in the first couple of rounds, he'd have been able to get some NHL action over the final few weeks without burning the first year of his ELC.  He's someone that is going to push for a roster spot in training camp so getting the early jitters out of the way could have also been beneficial for him.  It could technically still happen but Edmonton is really loading up and has to be considered a contender.

Depending on how the Oil Kings do in the playoffs he may be able to get some games in with the Habs, or maybe  The Rocket (they still have a shot at playing into May).

15 minutes ago, DON said:

Kinda hoped Guhle is INKED into next year's Rocket roster and does not play in the NHL till spring 2023.

If this is the 'new' Habs and a slow down on rushing any kids into NHL is happening, i hope thats how plays out.

Tend to agree ... it seems he may be the best prepared to make the jump directly in many, many years (the WJHC will be a window into seeing where he is at) ... but at least a couple of months with Laval certainly couldn't hurt.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Tend to agree ... it seems he may be the best prepared to make the jump directly in many, many years (the WJHC will be a window into seeing where he is at) ... but at least a couple of months with Laval certainly couldn't hurt.

Subban managed 77games in AHL

McDonagh 38games (was older after 3 NCAA seasons)

Sergachev/Romanov 0 AHL games, some minor league time likely wouldnt of hurt either at all (in my opinion).

Not sure if Habs drafted any other good d-men in last 20yrs, have they (ignoring Harris for now)?

3 hours ago, DON said:

I also agree, a year in the minors never hurt anybody. Defencemen tend to take longer to develop and another year of getting stronger will help Guhle get ready for the NHL.