Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

On 12/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, DON said:

London Knights 6 Kitchener Rangers 2 (Final)

Arber Xhekaj - wasn't in the lineup, suspended

This suspension stems from that fight clip I posted the other day - his sleeping gesture afterwards seems to be the issue.  With David Branch making the call here, it could be anywhere from one game to 25, he's not exactly known for consistency or objectivity on his suspension decisions.

News on a late draft pick that will not pan out:

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This suspension stems from that fight clip I posted the other day - his sleeping gesture afterwards seems to be the issue.  With David Branch making the call here, it could be anywhere from one game to 25, he's not exactly known for consistency or objectivity on his suspension decisions.

Kinda hope is significant time off for the seemingly immature kid..

A POTENTIAL prospect ...

Seems like a genuine answer ... or his "media training" has been phenomenal.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Seems like a genuine answer ... or his "media training" has been phenomenal.

Seemed genuine to me. The ways the Habs are headed they may have a shot although I think once Price, Edmundson, Byron etc come back I expect we will climb somewhat in the standings.  I expect we will draft somewhere in the 3rd - 6th slot. I would be very surprised if Arizona and Buffalo don't finish below us. 

It doesn't take much of a winning streak to move up the standings at the bottom of the league. At the moment our longest streak has been a single game, though.

It doesn't look like we'll get significant relief from the injuries until the new year, by which time we'll be nearing the halfway mark of the season.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

News on a late draft pick that will not pan out:

I think dlbalr was just wondering why this kid hadnt been cut loose yet.

Mysak 1g(17)

Kidney 1g(17) 1a

Stapley 1a

Dobes 4g on24shot loss (Given up 9g in last 2 games)

Trudeau/Tuch/Sobolev/Biondi/Gorniak 0pts

Guhle/Roy at camp.

Simoneau injured

2 hours ago, DON said:

I think dlbalr was just wondering why this kid hadnt been cut loose yet.

Dobes 4g on24shot loss (Given up 9g in last 2 games)

Yes, that needed to happen a while ago.  That contract spot could come in handy later.

On Dobes, I got to see a good chunk of his game last night and he didn't look at his best.  I was, however, impressed with his puckhandling.  He's certainly comfortable with that element of the game.

59 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

On Dobes, I got to see a good chunk of his game last night and he didn't look at his best.  I was, however, impressed with his puckhandling.  He's certainly comfortable with that element of the game.

I guess is better to be able to handle puck well, but i still think even best of them cough up puck often and are never as good as they think they are (with blocker & huge glove it should be expected).

Has the trapazoid helped increase scoring? I think was the reason for introduction, wasnt it?

4 minutes ago, DON said:

U-Sports All-Stars at Canada U20 8:00 pm - Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp

Joshua Roy -

He's on the second line for this one so they're giving him a reasonable look.  Guhle is a healthy scratch as expected; the top players aren't playing.

46 minutes ago, DON said:

... Tuch 0pts vs USA U18s (0pts in 10gms)

Good thing he has 4 years to mature/develop.

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He's one of the few solid G prospects we have, so am keeping a close eye on his development.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He's one of the few solid G prospects we have, so am keeping a close eye on his development.

And he has up to 3 more seasons to develop, so fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, DON said:

That is awesome!  I didn't think Roy would make Team Canada but his chances just improved. Making the team would be great for his development. 

Playing with Bedard doesn't hurt, that guy can sure shoot the puck. That 1st goal was an absolute rocket. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That is awesome!  I didn't think Roy would make Team Canada but his chances just improved. Making the team would be great for his development. 

Playing with Bedard doesn't hurt, that guy can sure shoot the puck. That 1st goal was an absolute rocket. 

They both play today.

U-Sports All-Stars vs Canada U20 4:00 pm - Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp

Kaiden Guhle -
Joshua Roy -

3 hours ago, DON said:

I have about as much hope for him as i do Struble.

Goalie prospect development is super hard to predict (voodoo, as some people say). So, a bit different situation from Struble.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Roy was cut from Canada's roster tonight.  Not a big surprise considering he was a longshot to begin with but he certainly didn't look out of place.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the camp was a great experience for him and makes him hungry to continue to work hard and develop.