Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

On 1/10/2022 at 10:04 PM, DON said:

Kaiden Guhle on Olympic list..

this is legit 🤔, ( RIght 😛😉) some names from the past on there.. Wow..(???) Heatley, Phaneuf, Bieksa, Braithwaite... haha 🙃😒

( good for laughs anyways, even if not real)

In any event, Kaiden and the young guys show up..would be cool,

Waiting to see the official list for Canada..

( on Twitter,  people thinking it's actually legit, haha )

Screenshot_20220114-123757.png

Gorniak 2a

Biondi 1g(9)

Dobes 3g 37shots OT loss.

Tuch/Farrell/Sobolev/Kapanen 0pts

Dichow 4g on 9 shots, pulled mid 1st period

from habprospects.com:

January 15 games

Laval Rocket at Hartford Wolf Pack 7:30 pm - Watch on AHL TV for free (need to register an account)

Rögle BK at Frölunda HC 9:15 am

Mattias Norlinder -

Brandon Wheat Kings at Edmonton Oil Kings 4:00 pm

Kaiden Guhle -

Michigan Technological University at Lake Superior State University 6:07 pm

Arvid Henrikson -

University of Alaska Fairbanks at University of Minnesota 7:00 pm - Watch on TSN.ca

Rhett Pitlick -

Harvard University at Princeton University 7:00 pm

Sean Farrell -

University of Notre Dame at Ohio State University 8:00 pm

Jakub Dobes -

Miami University at University of Minnesota Duluth 8:07 pm

Blake Biondi -

University of Nebraska Omaha at University of Denver 9:00 pm

Brett Stapley -

Michigan State University at University of Wisconsin 9:00 pm - Watch on TSN3

Jack Gorniak -

TVA article on Struble, through Google translate, some extracts:

In his first two seasons in the NCAA, Jayden Struble averaged 0.56 points per game. 

This season, we are talking more about an average of 0.30. The difference is, let's face it, significant. And not in a good way. 

But the American skater has an explanation that stands up pretty well. 

“We have a team that advocates a much more defensive approach than in previous years. This year, the instruction is "defense first". Many of our matches end 2-1 or 3-2. It requires adaptation for everyone.

“The more defensive instructions that we are being asked for this year win us games and that is ultimately what counts. From my point of view, I have had a very good season. I will always be of the opinion that a player's offensive production should not be the first criterion of evaluation. I think I have progressed in several other departments and I am very satisfied with my overall performance so far."

The young man rightly admits having enjoyed his first meeting with Jeff Gorton. The new VP of Hockey Operations for the Canadiens recently traveled to the Boston area to meet some of the club's prospects, including Struble.  

“I had a good discussion with him, says the defender. I already knew him by reputation because of what he had accomplished in New York. He's a very good guy, but above all a knowledgeable hockey man. I know several people in the hockey world and they all respect Jeff the most. I love it."      
And what did Struble and Gorton talk about? 

“Basically, Jeff told me that he was excited to finally be able to see me evolve in person and that he was very happy to count me among his young prospects.”

Otherwise, the No. 3 of the Huskies mentions having an excellent relationship with Rob Ramage, the director of player development at CH.

Sorry, i just have zero hope or faith that Struble will amount to anything; but, what do i really know.

January 18 games

Khimik Voskresensk at Omskie Krylya 8:00 am - Watch online

Dmitri Kostenko -

Prince Albert Raiders at Edmonton Oil Kings 9:00 pm

Kaiden Guhle -

Northeastern University at University of Vermont 5:30 pm

Jordan Harris -
Jayden Struble -

Both of Kent Hughes kids play at Northeastern, so I assume they have relationships with Harris and Struble that might help signing them. 

Jack Hughes (yes same name) is likely to be a 2022 first rounder. 

Riley Hughes was a Rangers 7th round pick in 2016.  I doubt the Rangers give him an NHL deal.  I could see us giving him an ECHL shot maybe?

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Both of Kent Hughes kids play at Northeastern, so I assume they have relationships with Harris and Struble that might help signing them. 

It certainly can't hurt with signing them. Gorton is also a Boston areas  guy so you would think Harris would feel really comfortable with these guys.  I bet he signs with the Habs. 

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It certainly can't hurt with signing them. Gorton is also a Boston areas  guy so you would think Harris would feel really comfortable with these guys.  I bet he signs with the Habs. 

I don’t. One of the incentives is burning a year, another is getting in for the NHL playoffs. He only has one incentive here. I think choosing his destination will probably trump the year. 

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think choosing his destination will probably trump the year. 

Based on...??

Just a wildass pessimistic guess?

100% of what he has said is to the opposite, not that means much neither, but why would you "think" the opposite. Obviously the new GM knows Harris somewhat, which we hope is a good thing also.

20 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t. One of the incentives is burning a year, another is getting in for the NHL playoffs. He only has one incentive here. I think choosing his destination will probably trump the year. 

The reasons I think Harris will sign here are as follows:

1) He said he would in previous interviews, I think Harris is an intelligent, honest young man and I take him at his word

2) Montreal is the only place where he can burn one year of his ELC unless the Habs trade him and after spending 4 years at college, I don't think he wants to waste any more time

3) Could be openings on defense on a rebuilding Habs team

4) He will have a good relationship with Gorton and Hughes which is important

The only reason he doesn't is if he has his heart set on another team (possible). 

Gorton knows how this process works as he benefited from getting Adam Fox in a similar situation. He will know long before Harris is ready to sign whether he will sign and will no doubt move him if he doesn't want to sign.  I very strongly think Harris will sign but I could always be wrong. 

• Like 1

That wouldn't be bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

Thanks for sharing. 
I liked this part of the article: “Jordan Harris & Jayden Struble more likely to sign under GM Hughe”