Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Looks good but … goalies are voodoo and it’s a long, long way from Ohio to the Bell Centre.

Yup ... several years likely until we know if he can cut it.

Yeah, it’s the gap between Price and the three kids that I worry about. We don’t know how long Price will play, and neither Primeau or Montembeault is inspiring confidence at the moment.

Hopefully Burke can help guide one or both to step up a level in the off-season.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

... We don’t know how long Price will play ...

We don't know how well Price will play ... his last four regular seasons have been Sv% of  .900;  .918;  .909 and .901 ... and how long will a knee that took six months to rehab from a surgery the is usually takes far, far less time will last ... he is past whatever malady for which he went into treatment; hopefully that is a positive.

Roy?/Kidney/Struble/Stapley/Trudeau/Smilanic/Mysak (back playing:thumbs_up:) 0pts

Biondi 1g(17)

Kapanen/Harris/Xhekaj 1a

Farrell 1g(9) 2a;  :clap:  24pts in 22gms, solid #s for a 20yr old rookie i guess.

Guhle still injured

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/catching-the-torch/2022/3/19/22985394/ty-smilanic-scouting-report-catching-the-torch-montreal-canadiens-prospect-analysis-under-microscope

6 minutes of Farrell's play yesterday, you see his 'nifty' goal from one knee in frame below.

Same folks did youtube video of Harris/Struble's game yesterday, if interested.

(LOts of good Harris and mostly bad Struble; i am even more convinced he wont make it as a pro watching this playoff game clips, but obviously will be back in NCAA for at least another year.)

It's a big day for some of Montreal's college prospects when it comes to their potential participation in the Frozen Four tournament (including a certain defenceman from Northeastern in his final season there).  Here are some of the scenarios if you're interested: https://www.uscho.com/2022/03/19/with-four-ncaa-tournament-spots-open-heres-whats-at-stake-in-saturdays-conference-title-games/

Looks like Harris/Struble will be in the NCAA tournament.  I have to admit, I was hoping for them to miss so there would be some certainly on Harris.  There would be no reason for him to wait to sign if he was signing with Montreal and if he was hesitating, then they'd know to move him.  They won't have that now.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Looks like Harris/Struble will be in the NCAA tournament.  I have to admit, I was hoping for them to miss so there would be some certainly on Harris.  There would be no reason for him to wait to sign if he was signing with Montreal and if he was hesitating, then they'd know to move him.  They won't have that now.

I think the Habs already know on Harris.  Plus Montreal is the only team that he can burn the 1st year of his entry level deal with if he is not traded by the deadline.   At least McBain was upfront with Minnesota about not signing. I think Harris is a quality guy and would have told the Habs his intentions.  I would be very surprised if he doesn't sign with the Habs. 

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think the Habs already know on Harris.  Plus Montreal is the only team that he can burn the 1st year of his entry level deal with if he is not traded by the deadline.   At least McBain was upfront with Minnesota about not signing. I think Harris is a quality guy and would have told the Habs his intentions.  I would be very surprised if he doesn't sign with the Habs. 

Technically, he could be traded post-deadline, sign, and burn the year - he just wouldn't be playoff-eligible.

Nice shot ... 

Kidney 1g2a; 7th in Q scoring 47gms 70pts

Roy 46gms 88pts

Mysak 1g1a, 41st in OHL scoring

Xhekaj 1g, 27th in OHL d-scoring

Norlinder 0pts

2 hours ago, DON said:

Nice that none are playing each other so all have A CHANCE to advance past the first round

Open the below tweet and find some nice news about Guhle

23 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

One thing I didn't know about Jordan Harris is that even though he is left handed, he has played the right side for most of his college career, very useful. 

laugh_in_very_interesting.gif&ehk=7u8Sw4

• Like 1