Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Am a bit surprised they chose Condotta over Stapley, but I certainly don’t have the level of information they have.

Perhaps they see Condotta as potentially a really good 4th line player.  Maybe Stapley is one of those in between players, not good enough for top 6 in the NHL but not really a bottom 6 player either.  I am just guessing though, Commandant would have a much better take on this. 

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Am a bit surprised they chose Condotta over Stapley, but I certainly don’t have the level of information they have.

Stapley was a Bergevin/Timmins guy, I am not surprised HughGort cut ties 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Perhaps they see Condotta as potentially a really good 4th line player.  Maybe Stapley is one of those in between players, not good enough for top 6 in the NHL but not really a bottom 6 player either.  I am just guessing though, Commandant would have a much better take on this. 

I thought stapley would get a contract as his college career was similar to evans and I thought with time in the AHL he might have a chance to be a bottom 6 guy.  He would need to improve his defensive game though.

I think they see Condotta as closer to NHL ready (maybe just one year of AHL) and having a different role.  Hes more competing for Pezzetta's role though Condotta has discipline and doesnt do the stupid shit that gets Pezzetta into trouble.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Stapley was a Bergevin/Timmins guy, I am not surprised HughGort cut ties 

I think the fact he was drafted by Bergevin/Timmins  has zero to do with it.   Suzuki, Caulfield and Romanov are all Bergevin/Timmins guys and I don't think they are going anywhere. Same with Jordan Harris and they signed him. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I thought stapley would get a contract as his college career was similar to evans and I thought with time in the AHL he might have a chance to be a bottom 6 guy.  He would need to improve his defensive game though.

I think they see Condotta as closer to NHL ready (maybe just one year of AHL) and having a different role.  Hes more competing for Pezzetta's role though Condotta has discipline and doesnt do the stupid shit that gets Pezzetta into trouble.

Pezzetta has been more disciplined than he is given credit for. 
and having another 4th liner closer to the NHL doesn’t make

sense since we have so many of those in Dauphin, the Pitlicks, Poehling and Armia

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think the fact he was drafted by Bergevin/Timmins  has zero to do with it.   Suzuki, Caulfield and Romanov are all Bergevin/Timmins guys and I don't think they are going anywhere. Same with Jordan Harris and they signed him. 

MB and TT stated they were high on him and that statement was posted on this forum before by other than me.

It is relevant 

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

MB and TT stated they were high on him and that statement was posted on this forum before by other than me.

It is relevant 

I don't see the relevance at all. Hugo will make a hockey decision when deciding whether to sign Stapley or not and it will have nothing to do with the fact that he was drafted by Timmins/Bergevin. 

41 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't see the relevance at all. Hugo will make a hockey decision when deciding whether to sign Stapley or not and it will have nothing to do with the fact that he was drafted by Timmins/Bergevin. 

I did not say he was not signed because who he was draft by

I said I was not surprised he was not signed because the new management is not as high on him as the old management was

MB/TT were high on the late rounder, like on Hillis.

The new management obviously is not as high

Get it?

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Pezzetta has been more disciplined than he is given credit for. 
and having another 4th liner closer to the NHL doesn’t make

sense since we have so many of those in Dauphin, the Pitlicks, Poehling and Armia

Re: Pezzetta, 0 PIMS in his last 14 games.  That's quite good for him.

If Condotta makes it, he's a different player than most of those fourth liners (other than Tyler Pitlick who plays a similar style).  If they want a physical player that can kill penalties, that's a profile they don't have a lot of in the system. 

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don't think HuGo care what round a player was drafted, in or whether not drafted at all. They appear to be very much information-driven, and looking for players that are the best fit. Whether that's a match for what Bergevin and Timmins drafted or not is really irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I did not say he was not signed because who he was draft by

I said I was not surprised he was not signed because the new management is not as high on him as the old management was

Get it?

You explained it better this time. Your original post said  "Stapley was a Bergevin/Timmins guy, I am not surprised HughGort cut ties"  so it was not a stretch to take it to mean it was because Bergevin/Timmins drafted him and you would draft a guy because you are somewhat high on that player. 

Trudeau 1a 3 shots

Kidney 1a on opening goal, 1st period. Ended 2-1 loss

Roy 1a mid 2nd period.

Roy 1g2a 1st star in 4-3win. 52gm 38g 97pts. 1st in Q scoring.

Lukko Rauma U20 at KalPa Kuopio U20 9:00 am - Finland U20 Final (Best of 5 games)

Oliver Kapanen -

Acadie-Bathurst Titan at Moncton Wildcats 2:00 pm

Riley Kidney -

Sherbrooke Phoenix at Québec Remparts 3:00 pm

Joshua Roy -

Peterborough Petes at Hamilton Bulldogs 2:00 pm

Jan Mysak -
Arber Xhekaj -

Barrie Colts at North Bay Battalion 2:00 pm

Joe Vrbetic -

Kidney 14pts in last 6gms

Roy 9pts in last 5gms

Mysak 5pts in last 5gms

Norlinder/Kapanen 1a

QMJHL poll question:

Which player will win the scoring title?

73% Joshua Roy - Phoenix

27% William Dufour - Sea Dogs

Total Votes: 322

Kidney 2a in 1st period today, end 1st 3-0 game so far. 16pts in last 6 1/3 gms.

Brett Stapley opens up the scoring in the first game of the final four (Michigan vs. Denver). Technically still a prospect even if the plan is not to sign him. Game can be seen on ESPN2

Rhett Pitlick plays later tonight at 8:30pm (Minnesota vs Minnesota State). That game will be on ESPNU. 

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

...and Arber no points, just a minor penalty but it was a good one. 

PENALTY
2ND 10:06
#8 Arber Xhekaj Check to the Head

Had my doubts; but maybe he has what it takes.

Kapanen 2a, 5 pts in last 3 games in playoff series.

Kidney assisted on OT winner.

Mysak/Xhekaj 3 shots each.

https://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/bulldogs-claim-hamilton-spectator-trophy-as-regular-season-champions

Mysak 38th in OHL scoring 60pts in 57gms

Xhekaj 29th in d-scoring 34pts in 51gms

Brook 1g...but in the ECHL.:(

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The team said they needed to send Brook to the ECHL as he has spent so much time on the sidelines he needs a mini training camp.

I still think Brook has the tools but needs to stay healthy, get a lot of ice time and gain some confidence.  After his last year in junior I thought he was a sure fire NHL'er but not everyone develops at the same pace and he has had some bad luck. Too early to give up on him.