Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

As expected, Jordan Harris has been named to USA Hockey's entry for the upcoming Worlds while Sean Farrell makes it as well.  By my quick count, that's five Montreal reps confirmed so far:

Finland: Armia, Leskinen (technically still MTL property)

Denmark: Dichow

USA: Farrell, Harris

Simoneau 3a 2nd star of game

Trudeau 1g

Roy 2g1a 13minutes left in 3rd.

Kidney 0pts

Xhekaj 1a 2 shots 0pims 13minutes left in 3rd.

Mysak 0pts

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

future captain, KG, doing his thing

🚀 🚀 🚀 Go Rocket Go !!! 🚀 🚀 🚀

Well, a future Hab d-man is pretty safe to say.

Find out on Tuesday if may have another future 'C' contender in Wright?:popcorn:

20 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Something doesn't quite look right with that Armia one as he's Finnish,, not a Swede or Czech.  That's a tune-up for the Worlds of which he'll be attending.  

Dunno?

Switzerland 3 Finland 2 (Final) - Euro Hockey Tour: Beijer Hockey Games (Tampere, Finland)

Joel Armia - wasn't in the lineup
Otto Leskinen - wasn't in the lineup

May 6 games

Halifax Mooseheads at Acadie-Bathurst Titan 6:00 pm - QMJHL First Round (Halifax leads series 1-0)

Riley Kidney -

Moncton Wildcats at Charlottetown Islanders 6:30 pm - QMJHL First Round (Charlottetown leads series 1-0)

Xavier Simoneau -
William Trudeau -

Baie-Comeau Drakkar at Sherbrooke Phoenix 7:00 pm - QMJHL First Round (Sherbrooke leads series 1-0)

Joshua Roy -

Kingston Frontenacs at North Bay Battalion 7:00 pm - OHL Quarter Final

Joe Vrbetic -

And since winning lottery on tuesday might happen:nuts:, might as well add;

Series F: (2) North Bay Battalion (43-18-3-4) vs. (3) Kingston Frontenacs (41-22-4-1) 
Game 1, Fri., May 6 at North Bay, 7:00pm

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Well, a future Hab d-man is pretty safe to say.

Find out on Tuesday if may have another future 'C' contender in Wright?:popcorn:

fair enough, let's see Tuesday.

I have not checked reports: are either Wright or Cooley captain material?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Dunno?

Switzerland 3 Finland 2 (Final) - Euro Hockey Tour: Beijer Hockey Games (Tampere, Finland)

Joel Armia - wasn't in the lineup
Otto Leskinen - wasn't in the lineup

The Finnish team has been rotating their lineup to finalize their selections. Armia was quoted as being confirmed, and that playing for the national team in a championship at home was a childhood dream.

About the NHL season:

"There is no doubt (the season) was hard. It started going wrong at the beginning, and we couldn't turn it around," said Armia. "I definitely cannot be satisfied (with my performance). Toward the end of the season the games went fairly well, and my game started developing in the right direction. And I regained the drive that I was missing during the depressing early season."

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

And I regained the drive that I was missing during the depressing early season."

BOO HOO..WTF kind of players did MB sign up!

4 hours ago, DON said:

https://whl.ca/gamecentre/1018513/boxscore

KG 1g1a in 4-0 win, 1st star of game.:clap:

Guhle looked good in the highlights.

He certainly did look good in the highlights, not afraid to lay on the body.  He and Arber would be an entertaining defense pairing. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

BOO HOO..WTF kind of players did MB sign up!

He was not the only one dragging his ass down the ice in those dark days of this season ... as we've talked many times, players don't want to tank, they want to win. And losing constantly (and badly!) is demoralizing.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He was not the only one dragging his ass down the ice in those dark days of this season ... as we've talked many times, players don't want to tank, they want to win. And losing constantly (and badly!) is demoralizing.

Sorry, no empathy for him. Yes, we are all human and all that but?

So, he just couldnt summon the drive to earn his cheque, help his teammates, or didnt "feel like it" because he was embarrassed or demoralized? I just dont buy it, bugs me thats all. 

signed

Grumpy Old Man

3 hours ago, DON said:

Sorry, no empathy for him. Yes, we are all human and all that but?

I wasn't suggesting empathy. Just pointing out that he wasn't the only one. We all know the names of a number of other players that fit the description.

Kidney 2a

Trudeau 1g(2)1a 1st star game

Simoneau 1a

Roy 3a, 3rd star game, 7points in 2 playoff games...not too shabby

Vrbetic 4g 29shot Win vs Shane Wright 1a

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Just pointing out that he wasn't the only one. We all know the names of a number of other players that fit the description.

No, just Suzuki, Romanov and others seemed to give a crap most games.

Maybe 28pts in last 101 reg season games is what Armia is now? But he was bit more productive in the last couple playoffs (7g 13pts 31games)?

On 5/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, dlbalr said:

... USA Hockey's entry for the upcoming Worlds while Sean Farrell makes it as well ... 

It will be interesting to see how Farrell performs ... 3rd leading goal scorer on Harvard this season despite playing 10&11 fewer games than those ahead of him ... and Harvard was a decent team (3rd in the ECAC, based on a 2nd place tie-breaker) ... Sean seems to be a bit of a wildcard in the prospects pool ... 3 goals and 6 points in 4 games at the Olympics, but often not mentioned by fans as amongst the best of the Habs prospects ... he is big compared to Caufield, but at 5'9", 175 there is likely only room room for so many small forwards going forward.

Habsworld has him 8th in the prospect pool.

"Farrell has legitimate top-six upside in a system that, quite frankly, doesn’t have a lot of players with top-six upside.  But there are question marks – his size and defensive game being the big ones;..."

1 minute ago, DON said:

Habsworld has him 8th in the prospect pool.

"Farrell has legitimate top-six upside in a system that, quite frankly, doesn’t have a lot of players with top-six upside.  But there are question marks – his size and defensive game being the big ones;..."

Saw that ... but he tends to be "under the radar" amongst fans ... his big USHL season was the year he should have been a Harvard freshman, so it was somewhat dismissed by many ... this could be quite a coming out party for him.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Saw that ... but he tends to be "under the radar" amongst fans ... his big USHL season was the year he should have been a Harvard freshman, so it was somewhat dismissed by many ... this could be quite a coming out party for him.

Well, just hope he gets lots icetime and has great world championship.:clap:

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I have Farrell lower than most do.  I didn't read much into his USHL campaign since he was too good for the league and playing on a loaded team so there wasn't much to glean from a development standpoint.  His early-season results this year were mixed when I set the rankings which is perfectly fine for a freshman but it also didn't give me a reason to shoot him up there.  He's probably going to be more of a complementary player in this tournament but the exposure to better competition certainly will help his development.

Armia 1a fin vs czech game

Guhle leading his team with 7pts in 5 playoff games, his 6th game just starting.

(47pts in 47gms this year overall)

Guhle 1a, now 48 in 48