Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Just now, GHT120 said:

I had the same thought ... haven't been able to find whether there is a deadline to finalize rosters.

I think it basically depends on whether they have kept a rosters spot open. Granlund joined the Finnish team just yesterday, and I think they're still hoping for Heiskanen.

38 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I think it basically depends on whether they have kept a rosters spot open. Granlund joined the Finnish team just yesterday, and I think they're still hoping for Heiskanen.

Exactly.  Players can be added at any time as long as they have an open spot.  Canada hasn't registered its full team yet - I see 12/7/2 so they have openings everywhere to add.

todays play;

Anderson named canada's player of game vs Italy

habsprospects.com

Austria vs United States 9:20 am - World Championship Preliminary round - Watch on TSN3, NHLN-US & RDS

Sean Farrell 
Jordan Harris 

Denmark vs Switzerland 1:20 pm - World Championship Preliminary round - Watch on TSN1

Frederik Dichow -

Acadie-Bathurst Titan at Charlottetown Islanders 2:00 pm - QMJHL Quarter Final (best-of-five)

Riley Kidney -
Xavier Simoneau -
William Trudeau -

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada at Sherbrooke Phoenix 3:00 pm - QMJHL Quarter Final (best-of-five)

Joshua Roy -

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Exactly.  Players can be added at any time as long as they have an open spot.  Canada hasn't registered its full team yet - I see 12/7/2 so they have openings everywhere to add.

🤞

Since he won't be in the Memorial Cup it would be nice to be able to possibly watch him for a few more games ... if invited, I wonder if he would go unless there was some assurance he would play.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

🤞

Since he won't be in the Memorial Cup it would be nice to be able to possibly watch him for a few more games ... if invited, I wonder if he would go unless there was some assurance he would play.

Would playing in that tournament hurt his chances of playing in the World Juniors in August though?  I have a hard time thinking Montreal would sign off on Wright playing in the WJCs just over two months after the Worlds ended.  Hughes inferred a while back he's hoping that Guhle doesn't play at the WJCs since he was going to have a long playoff run in junior so it stands to reason that if Wright is playing until the end of May, they won't want him in that tournament.

For a player like Wright, what tournament is more meaningful to him right now?  I'd say the WJC probably.  Between that and not wanting to risk injury before the draft, I don't think he'd go to the Worlds.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Would playing in that tournament hurt his chances of playing in the World Juniors in August though?  I have a hard time thinking Montreal would sign off on Wright playing in the WJCs just over two months after the Worlds ended.  Hughes inferred a while back he's hoping that Guhle doesn't play at the WJCs since he was going to have a long playoff run in junior so it stands to reason that if Wright is playing until the end of May, they won't want him in that tournament.

For a player like Wright, what tournament is more meaningful to him right now?  I'd say the WJC probably.  Between that and not wanting to risk injury before the draft, I don't think he'd go to the Worlds.

I hate players gong to the worlds, after the playoffs ended. I remember Lafleur going flying over, playing the next day and getting injured. It’s different when you go over, have time to practice like everyone else, than being parachuted in right after a flight in a new team, and a vastly different time zone.

I’d actually to see him play against men, and more skilled players, over the WJC, but wouldn’t want to risk injury. Playing in both tournaments definitely doesn’t give him time for off season training.

G. Jakub Dobes, Ohio State, just won the Big Ten Men's Ice Hockey Freshman of the Year, tied with Luke Hughes.

Notable former winners Goal Caufield (19-20), Kyle Connor (15-16) and Dylan Larkin (14-15).

• Like 1

Simoneau 4 shots, Trudeau/Kidney 3 shots another PEI win.

Roy 1a 5 shots, start of 3rd period.

1g1a 7 shots mid-3rd (4-3 game).

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/5/21/23133223/joshua-roy-scouting-highlights-qmjhl-riley-kidney-laval-rocket-montreal-canadiens-habs-prospects

ROY vs Simoneau & Trudeau series upcoming.

SHERBROOKE vs. CHARLOTTETOWN
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 – Sherbrooke @ Charlottetown, 7 pm AT.
Thursday, May 26, 2022 – Sherbrooke @ Charlottetown, 7 pm AT.
Sunday, May 29, 2022 – Charlottetown @ Sherbrooke, 3 pm ET.
Monday, May 30, 2022 – Charlottetown @ Sherbrooke, 7 pm ET *If necessary.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – Sherbrooke @ Charlottetown, 7 pm AT *If necessary.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:01 AM, DON said:

May14Tracker-1024x576.jpg

Montreal Canadiens prospect Arber Xhekaj scored inside the opening two minutes of overtime as the Hamilton Bulldogs completed a four-game series sweep of the Mississauga Steelheads to advance to the Eastern Conference Championship Series. Avery Hayes had a pair of assists in his return to the Hamilton lineup as the Bulldogs took Game 4 by a score of 3-2

The question often seems to be whether Xhekaj has the defensive game to play in the NHL ... *** IF *** in the end it turns out he doesn't, could he be moved up front ... he seems to have puck skills.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The question often seems to be whether Xhekaj has the defensive game to play in the NHL ... *** IF *** in the end it turns out he doesn't, could he be moved up front ... he seems to have puck skills.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that.  He could be a bruising left winger , create all kinds of havoc in front of the net. 

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The Nicolas Deslauriers career path - it's an interesting idea if he can't stick on the back end.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/catching-the-torch/2022/5/25/23138694/catching-the-torch-chl-playoffs-standouts-joshua-roy-kaiden-guhle-whl-qmjhl-prospects- scouting-stats

Simoneau 1st star of game with 1g3a, Trudeau 1a vs Roy 1a; 7-2 PEI win in game 1.

Xhekaj 5 shots 0pts/pims in 6-4 Bulldogs win

Mysak 1a 2 shots

Vrbetic didnt start.

Sobolev 1a 2 shots in 6-3 loss for Spitfires

Guhle 0pts 6 shots, OilKings win 4-2, up 3-1 in series.

Roy 1st star of game 2g1a; GWG in 4-3 OT win. Series tied

(9gms 7g 20pts 47shots)

Simoneau 1g (8gms 3g 12pts 16shots)

Trudeau 0pts (7gms 3g 7pts 20shots)

20 minutes ago, DON said:

(9gms 7g 20pts 47shots)

Roy and Guhle have been outstanding in the playoffs this year. Arber has been pretty good to.

40 minutes ago, DON said:

(9gms 7g 20pts 47shots)

I've watched the first two games of this series live, and I must say that I don't see Roy as an NHLer. He doesn't seem to put in a full effort out there or have any redeeming qualities. I was hoping to be impressed by his play, but if I didn't know who he was I wouldn't really notice him. 

31 minutes ago, illWill said:

I've watched the first two games of this series live, and I must say that I don't see Roy as an NHLer. He doesn't seem to put in a full effort out there or have any redeeming qualities. I was hoping to be impressed by his play, but if I didn't know who he was I wouldn't really notice him. 

That's interesting. You always get a different perspective when you are able to watch someone live. I just see clips where he is scoring goals or setting people up. He has certainly been successful accumulating points. The big question is always whether it will translate to the NHL.