Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's interesting. You always get a different perspective when you are able to watch someone live. I just see clips where he is scoring goals or setting people up. He has certainly been successful accumulating points. The big question is always whether it will translate to the NHL. 

If he was about a month older, this would of been his draft season, a kid with 119pt season and 20pts in 9playoff games....how high in this years draft would he go?

Even in Habs training camp last year, i thought he looked good, in the little i saw.

Commandant, got a wildass guess?

46 minutes ago, DON said:

If he was about a month older, this would of been his draft season, a kid with 119pt season and 20pts in 9playoff games....how high in this years draft would he go?

Even in Habs training camp last year, i thought he looked good, in the little i saw.

Commandant, got a wildass guess?

Late first/early 2nd

The guy has done everything he could do the past year.  Everything.

There are still some questions on his skating but even that has improved.

You dont have to be the flashiest player to be effective and the numbers show he was scoring in training camp in Montreal, in the qmjhl season and now in the playoffs.

Jake guentzel doesnt look like a good player when you watch him but hes been putting up goals and points for years.  Sometimes it just works and Roy's style isnt even as ugly looking as Guentzel

Thanks, obviously hope he will fit in nicely next to one of Hab two young centremen in a couple years.

Assume his only option is another year in the Q next season.

28 minutes ago, DON said:

Thanks, obviously hope he will fit in nicely next to one of Hab two young centremen in a couple years.

Assume his only option is another year in the Q next season.

Yes, he's NHL or QMJHL next year.  No AHL (until his Q team is eliminated) 

I could see him getting 9 games if he really lights up training camp again, but a year in the Q is best for him.  He's got a bit more work to do on his skating and I'd like to see him play at the World Juniors too. 

I'm surprised that you would put him late 1st round or early second. I've never seen him live but I  would have thought by his numbers in the regular season and playoffs that he would have come in top 10.

I guess there's a whole lot more to it than just numbers.

Have other players with similar numbers been drafted that low? Just curious.  

15 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I'm surprised that you would put him late 1st round or early second. I've never seen him live but I  would have thought by his numbers in the regular season and playoffs that he would have come in top 10.

Corey Locke comes to mind - he had 63 goals and 88 assists in his draft-eligible season but because he was undersized and couldn't skate, he fell to 113th overall.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Corey Locke comes to mind - he had 63 goals and 88 assists in his draft-eligible season but because he was undersized and couldn't skate, he fell to 113th overall.

Locke actually wasn't drafted in his draft eligible season.  He was drafted one year later on his first re-entry.  

Which actually makes him the same situation as if Roy wasn't drafted by the Habs and was re-entering this draft. 

44 minutes ago, REV-G said:

You gotta remember he's one year older than everyone else in the 2022 draft at this point.   

He also still has some issues in his game.  His skating is average at best.  It's improving but he still needs to improve that area. 

He's had a great season to go from 5th round to where he is, but he's not a top 10 pick either. 

Just like everyone else here I'd love for the Quebec born, late round pick, left winger to slide right into our young lineup. But I was, and am definitely perplexed how he has amassed the points he has. It is true though, that even if it doesn't look pretty, production does matter at the end of the day. He sort of reminds me of Zadina who was a QMJHL stud as well, but seems disinterested and relies on natural talent to get by. At least with Zadina I could tell the guy had a laser beam shot, but with Roy I'm not sure what he brings. I hope I'm wrong

GOAL
1ST 2:53
#19 Jan Mysak (1) scores. Assists: #93 Patrick Thomas, #10 Gavin White GAME WINNING
+/-

GOAL
1ST 7:40
#8 Arber Xhekaj (5) scores. Assists: #9 Logan Morrison, #23 Mason McTavish POWER PLAYINSURANCE GOAL
+/-

GOAL
2ND 1:41
#19 Jan Mysak (2) scores. Assists: #88 Mark Duarte, #93 Patrick Thomas
+/-

GOAL
2ND 11:40
#13 Avery Hayes (8) scores. PENALTY SHOT
+/-

GOAL
3RD 17:17
#19 Jan Mysak (3) scores. Assists: #13 Avery Hayes, #9 Logan Morrison
+/-

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Guhle 2g1a mid 3rd period,

Guhle has been a beast in the playoffs.  Good to see Arber back in the penalty column as I was starting to get worried about him. Maybe he is playing smarter as the games become more important?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Guhle has been a beast in the playoffs.  Good to see Arber back in the penalty column as I was starting to get worried about him. Maybe he is playing smarter as the games become more important?

https://whl.ca/gamecentre/1018538/boxscore

Oilkings win big and off to WHL final, would be great to see Guhle keep on playing into the Memorial cup.

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That Mysak kid might yet amount to something.

I'm a little worried about the sporadic offence.  Yes, he scored three last night but it's the only time he has scored in the playoffs so far in ten games and it was up and down through the year as well.  That's not good for a player who is supposed to be one of their better scorers.  Every time I see him, I don't see the offensive upside being all that high - there isn't a standout skill.  He should be good enough defensively to be a two-way player that could play in the bottom six down the road but if he amounts to something, I don't think it will be all that much.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm a little worried about the sporadic offence. 

Yes, were goals #1,2,3 in playoff game #10.

Xhekaj with goal #5

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yes, were goals #1,2,3 in playoff game #10.

Xhekaj with goal #5

I definitely see Arber being a 3rd pairing defenseman in a year or two. With him and Kaiden on the back end the boards will be rattling at the Bell Centre, looking forward to it. 

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I definitely see Arber being a 3rd pairing defenseman in a year or two. With him and Kaiden on the back end the boards will be rattling at the Bell Centre, looking forward to it. 

image.jpeg

he has the foot speed and smarts to defend at the pro level...will see in the fall.

Maybe he and Norlinder will both have good season in Laval along with Schueneman, Harris or Barron seeing some of year there

He had some smart plays/passes, encouraging stuff. Hope he tears it up for HARvard next season.:clap:

He said he learned playing at Olympics, some of his weak areas needed to work on. So expect this event also will help him going forward.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

He had some smart plays/passes, encouraging stuff. Hope he tears it up for HARvard next season.:clap:

giphy.gif&ehk=HlZ7hcPzSJV%2BWRa3OSlgePg9 

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Harvard "Crimson" ...just rings pretentious. 

(no offense to any alumni on here:ph34r:

But it is a lovely campus ... toured it, did not attend.