Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DON said:

Be it Brampton or North Bay, the Battalion have the ugliest uniforms IMO, at very least in the OHL. 

• Upvote 1

@Commandant do you have any statistical player comparisons for Farrell or Roy? I know you've used player production at lower levels as reference for later production before ie:McCarron never producing.

I'm excited about these two but given their weird trajectories or playing the extra USHL year I'm not sure where to peg my expectations.

10 hours ago, Plutarch said:

@Commandant do you have any statistical player comparisons for Farrell or Roy? I know you've used player production at lower levels as reference for later production before ie:McCarron never producing.

I'm excited about these two but given their weird trajectories or playing the extra USHL year I'm not sure where to peg my expectations.

Farrell is weird and almost impossible to find a meaningful comparison for.  The fact is that covid has screwed up his age projection.  His 100+ point USHL season never would have happened without covid.  Instead of playing for Chicago Steel, he would have been playing for Harvard.  The ivy league cancelled sports due to covid so farrell spent another year in a league he should have been out of.

Roy there are some comparables that Matt Drake (EOTP) have done.  His statistical comparables are very good.  Like very very good.  Ill see what i can pull later tonight.

• Like 1

Trudeau 1g(4) 1 shot, Simoneau 1shot; Roy 1g(8)2a 8shots in the 4-3 loss

Hab prospects in all 3 CHL Finals, how many will make it to the Memorial cup? 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Joshua Roy's team gets eliminated despite a three-point game from him.  Expect him to report to Laval over the next few days.

The only game I haven't watched from this series, but based on what I previously seen from it, Roy's 3 points doesn't impress me. 

On 5/30/2022 at 8:30 AM, Plutarch said:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Since the Habs cannot get Crosby, I wonder if they could trade for the DRu-Innnn kid, second from teh top on that list

DRU   !                     -                                      IN   !

I Grew another Head!? WTF!? PROOF - GTA Online - GTAForums

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Since the Habs cannot get Crosby, I wonder if they could trade for the DRu-Innnn kid, second from teh top on that list

As long as the guy who was key in helping him put up those #s came with him, but that guy is actually playing tonight.

(kinda like Sergai Kostitsyn 131pt season with London Knights )

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DON said:

As long as the guy who was key in helping him put up those #s came with him, but that guy is actually playing tonight.

(kinda like Sergai Kostitsyn 131pt season with London Knights )

1 of those 2 seasons was with MacKinnon (when both were 17)

The second season was with Drouin as the main man.  MacKinnon was a rookie in Colorado after being draft, Drouin went back to the QMJHL for 1 season and tore up the league. 

9 minutes ago, DON said:

8.6(e)  A "Bona Fide Offer" is an offer of an SPC which is for a period corresponding to

the Player's age as required under Section 9.1(b) of this Agreement, is to commence at the start

of the next League Year, offers at least the Minimum Paragraph 1 Salary as set forth in Section

11.12 of this Agreement for each League Year covered by such offer and remains open to the

Player for at least thirty (30) days after receipt of the offer by the Player. A Bona Fide Offer

may be conditioned upon acceptance by the Player within thirty (30) days and carries no right to

salary arbitration.

So the bona-fide offer would be for the 3-year term specified in the CBA for his draft age but more than likely at the NHL minimum salary (2022-23 $750,000;  2023-24 $775,000;  2024-25 $775,000) rather than at, or closer to, the ELC maximum (2021 $925,000;  2022 $950,000;  2023 $950,000 - based on draft year) and again, most likely, with none of the permitted ELC bonuses ... an offer he would be very unlikely to accept. 

Will they try hard and trade his rights this summer, as part of bigger deal and just be rid of the MB miscue?

Pick #32

2021-22 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 65 7 34 41

Pick #34

2021-22 Everett Silvertips WHL 55 14 64 78

the next 2 d-man picked right after Maillioux...WHY didnt they take any of a bunch of other kids, of similar projection, like these 2 kids?

Idiots!:wall:

Just looking at points doesn't tell you everything. Allan (#32) and Zellweger (#34) are both LHD. Zellweger's ceiling might be roughly similar as Mailloux, but from the Habs' perspective, he's on the side with a logjam of prospects, not the one with the big gap. (Allan's ceiling is substantially lower, I think.)

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Just looking at points doesn't tell you everything. Allan (#32) and Zellweger (#34) are both LHD. Zellweger's ceiling might be roughly similar as Mailloux, but from the Habs' perspective, he's on the side with a logjam of prospects, not the one with the big gap. (Allan's ceiling is substantially lower, I think.)

New age small quick d-man, 18yr old led the WHL in d-scoring with 78pts in 55 games in WHL, who gives a rats butt if he is LH or RH.

Are you related to Maillioux or something?:D