Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Mysak 1g(4) Xhekaj 2a 0 pims +4, pretty sweet looking set-up for Mysak's goal.

https://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/june-1522-ohl-championship-post-game-arber-xhekaj

6-1 game 7 win and off to Saint John for few more games, starting Monday vs the home team.

https://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/hamilton-bulldogs-are-2022-ohl-champions

On 6/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, Commandant said:

With no contract hes not covered under the insurance the Habs have if something were to go wrong.

Hughes confirmed that the Habs did not ask Mailloux to come to Montreal, his agent did. But now that he is here, the Habs plan to talk to him

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/06/16/dautres-dossiers-sur-la-table-pour-kent-hughes

He also answered to a question that they will invite him to camp, even if it is just to get to know him

Edited by alfredoh2009

Kidney-Roy invited to Canada juniors, may get into 2 World Juniors in next 6 months or so.:canada:

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/06/16/two-canadiens-prospects-invited-to-team-canada-summer-camp/

Kinda doubt new Hab Wright will play, being so close to training camp. BUT Habs future pick #26 (Firkus) and pick #33 (Reid Scheafer) also invited and are more likely to play...not being NHL ready.

Team Canada invites

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/06/hockey-canada-names-mens-u20-u18-team-selection-camp-rosters.html

15 hours ago, DON said:

thank goodness Mme. Machabée is giving more details… drip… drip… it comes out of Hugh-Gort

10 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

thank goodness Mme. Machabée is giving more details… drip… drip… it comes out of Hugh-Gort

She is VP communications - so it is kind of her job to provide that info. Given the issue that Mailloux had, strategically it probably makes more sense from a PR  standpoint to have a women speak to it more. 

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

She is VP communications - so it is kind of her job to provide that info. Given the issue that Mailloux had, strategically it probably makes more sense from a PR  standpoint to have a women speak to it more. 

And also to speak only when there is something somewhat more specific to reference rather than just vague intentions.

15 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

You lost me, I dont understand this comment, what the heck do you mean?

32 minutes ago, DON said:

You lost me, I dont understand this comment, what the heck do you mean?

details are coming out one drop at a time

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

details are coming out one drop at a time

Or coming out when there is something to say

Xhekaj was physical and seems to have a strong shot also and Mysak just seemed ineffective and meh vs Saint John.

See how Guhle looks this afternoon vs the Cats.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2022/06/20/espoir-du-ch-et-homme-montagne-des-bulldogs

“When Arber makes the jump to the pros, he will have to simplify his game a bit. He can do things right now that won't work on the next level. For example, he will no longer be able to get rid of an opponent with only one arm. He will also have to run games faster.” 

How will his game translate to pros, he definitely man-handles teenagers no problem and can skate away from them.

Should be very interesting to see how he does in Sept at camp/pre-season.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yup. Arber is going to play for the Habs one day.  There is little doubt about that. 

Hmmm, he is XL older kid playing vs smaller, weaker, younger high school kids that he can easily push around and have no fear at all of getting put through the end boards or run over by a player like Josh Anderson, so dont put cart before horse sir.

But, encouraging play for sure.

Will he and Guhle run into each other in today's game, both like rushing the puck, so could be interesting.:popcorn:

37 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

But more than one day?

At least one day!!   LOL

Seriously, I see no reason why he won't be a 3rd pairing defensemen. He has been a late bloomer and is a guy who has worked hard at any deficiency he has had.  He has a tremendous work ethic. As we know he needs to be a little more disciplined but that can be learned. 

15 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

At least one day!!   LOL

Seriously, I see no reason why he won't be a 3rd pairing defensemen. He has been a late bloomer and is a guy who has worked hard at any deficiency he has had.  He has a tremendous work ethic. As we know he needs to be a little more disciplined but that can be learned. 

I see positives, too, and he has overcome a lot. But, to me, the two big questions are whether his game will translate to the NHL, and whether he can stay out of the box. Those will determine whether he will make just occasional visits or can carve himself a third-pairing role, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.