Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

41 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I see positives, too, and he has overcome a lot. But, to me, the two big questions are whether his game will translate to the NHL, and whether he can stay out of the box. Those will determine whether he will make just occasional visits or can carve himself a third-pairing role, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.

I still see him as the best captain the Rocket will have during their multi-year championships 

With the odd call up to the black aces 

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

But, to me, the two big questions are whether his game will translate to the NHL, and whether he can stay out of the box. Those will determine whether he will make just occasional visits or can carve himself a third-pairing role, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.

Whether his game can translate to the NHL level can be said about almost any prospect the Habs have, Joshua Roy, Riley Kidney etc.  Although you can probably be fairly confident that Kaiden Guhle's game will translate.

Can he stay out of the penalty box?  Now that is something he has to work on, no question about that. Discipline can be learned and he definitely has to get better in this regard. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Whether his game can translate to the NHL level can be said about almost any prospect the Habs have, Joshua Roy, Riley Kidney etc.  Although you can probably be fairly confident that Kaiden Guhle's game will translate.

Can he stay out of the penalty box?  Now that is something he has to work on, no question about that. Discipline can be learned and he definitely has to get better in this regard. 

It's true that the translation of game to the NHL level is big for everyone. But Xhekaj is a big guy (6'4, 220 lbs) and that is very dominant in a league filled with younger players, it'll be less of an advantage in the NHL -- or even the AHL. Can he make up for that with other tools? We'll find out.

It will be a great story if he can carve out a regular NHL spot with the Habs, but I really think he has very long odds for that.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

At least one day!!   LOL

Seriously, I see no reason why he won't be a 3rd pairing defensemen. He has been a late bloomer and is a guy who has worked hard at any deficiency he has had.  He has a tremendous work ethic. As we know he needs to be a little more disciplined but that can be learned. 

Im always skeptical of overagers who dominate in the chl, especially when they are physical players.

Personally, I want to see what he does in Laval next year before seeing him as a future NHLer.

His situation isnt all that different from Simoneau.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

There is a big difference between Roy and Kidney dominating the league and Xhekaj who is two years older than them.

Xhekaj could be in the AHL this year but was sent for an overage year of junior.

Roy and Kidney cant even start next season in the AHL.  They have another year of junior ahead of them.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Im always skeptical of overagers who dominate in the chl, especially when they are physical players.

Personally, I want to see what he does in Laval next year before seeing him as a future NHLer.

His situation isnt all that different from Simoneau.

I don't think there is any doubt that he will be in Laval next year.  It's up to him but I am not betting against him. 

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think there is any doubt that he will be in Laval next year.  It's up to him but I am not betting against him. 

I dont doubt he will be in Laval.  I am wondering if he will show enough in Laval to suggest he is a future NHLer

12 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Only 1a, but he was a team-high +3 for the game.

The big goon had an OK game, Mysak was a stand out (1st star of game), maybe his injury is not bothering him as much anymore? 

32 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

"big goon"?   Who are you referring to? 

There is only one in the Habs system, that i know of.

Still cant believe how poor the reffing is (at every level i guess it is), called zero penalties in 3rd period nor OT and were numerous that should of been called. 

But, refs dig a hole by turning blind eye, then cant call anything...f'in bush-league.:wall:

Again, if is an offside on 1 yard line in tie game with 5 second left in the superbowl... it is called. How hard is that to do?

The gang rape of a woman by Hockey Canada players - including members of Canada’s national junior team, and guys who are now in the NHL - is obviously sickening. But does it cast the Logan Mailloux situation in a new light? In other words, was Mailloux’s action best understood a symptom of a diseased, misogynist hockey culture, the tip of a massive iceberg, the action of a guy who did nothing that many of his teammates wouldn’t do, but just had the misfortune to get caught?

I hate to say it, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if this were true. Not that every hockey player is a rapist (!). Rather the thought is that many teams have a critical mass of guys who think it’s swell to force themselves on women…and a critical mass of teammates who look the other way and protect them in order to be “good team guys.”

In other words: it is entirely possible that these predators aren’t outliers. Misogyny and sexual predation are normalized in hockey culture.

If this is true, then ironically it probably reinforces the case for keeping Mailloux in the organization. Not only is he more likely than his peers to now regret his brutalization and dehumanization of women, but for the Habs to deal him away would merely be to surrender a significant asset at a heavy discount, to no good purpose; after all, a critical mass of his teammates (wherever he lands) will likely have similar attitudes and probably a similar history of degrading/abusing women. And this could well be true of the assets we get back in return for him.

It makes you want to puke when you think about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

8 guys rape, likely a naive and drunk young girl...turns the stomach for sure. (2017-18, which Habs were on that team?) Mete was only Hab on that team...was Cale Makar one of the 8?)

Also, all the simply crazy hazing that supposedly (of course it did, who could make up such childish and kooky things) happened in the CHL, is another thing i simply find hard to believe, obviously whomever was leading or looking after these teenagers, couldnt of been more useless or in on it?

2 hours ago, DON said:

8 guys rape, likely a naive and drunk young girl...turns the stomach for sure. (2017-18, which Habs were on that team?) Mete was only Hab on that team...was Cale Makar one of the 8?)

Also, all the simply crazy hazing that supposedly (of course it did, who could make up such childish and kooky things) happened in the CHL, is another thing i simply find hard to believe, obviously whomever was leading or looking after these teenagers, couldnt of been more useless or in on it?

Could have been the eight best players,  names we all know, or the eight worst, names few would recognize … or a mix …  no sense speculating as such tar will stick to the innocent as much as the guilty

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The gang rape of a woman by Hockey Canada players - including members of Canada’s national junior team, and guys who are now in the NHL - is obviously sickening. But does it cast the Logan Mailloux situation in a new light? In other words, was Mailloux’s action best understood a symptom of a diseased, misogynist hockey culture, the tip of a massive iceberg, the action of a guy who did nothing that many of his teammates wouldn’t do, but just had the misfortune to get caught?

I hate to say it, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if this were true. Not that every hockey player is a rapist (!). Rather the thought is that many teams have a critical mass of guys who think it’s swell to force themselves on women…and a critical mass of teammates who look the other way and protect them in order to be “good team guys.”

In other words: it is entirely possible that these predators aren’t outliers. Misogyny and sexual predation are normalized in hockey culture.

If this is true, then ironically it probably reinforces the case for keeping Mailloux in the organization. Not only is he more likely than his peers to now regret his brutalization and dehumanization of women, but for the Habs to deal him away would merely be to surrender a significant asset at a heavy discount, to no good purpose; after all, a critical mass of his teammates (wherever he lands) will likely have similar attitudes and probably a similar history of degrading/abusing women. And this could well be true of the assets we get back in return for him.

If the staff and players involved in the Hockey Canada scandal do not get the same treatment Logan got, I will be very disappointed by the media and commentators who jumped on their high horse to refuse evaluating Logan's hockey talent for months.

Mailloux deserved some harsh treatment. And the Hockey Canada pukes deserve at least as much

54 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Could have been the eight best players,  names we all know, or the eight worst, names few would recognize … or a mix …  no sense speculating as such tar will stick to the innocent as much as the guilty

It could be people who werent on the final team too. 

Apparently this happened during the summer development camp, so there could have been people involved who were later cut from the team. 

So Hockey canada used sponsorship funds as hush $$, to pay off the young lady eh?

Hope the 8 are named publicly and roasted. Is a minimum that should happen. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

So Hockey canada used sponsorship funds as hush $$, to pay off the young lady eh?

Sweeping bad behaviour under the rug is NOT the way to deal with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

It absolutely should happen.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If the staff and players involved in the Hockey Canada scandal do not get the same treatment Logan got, I will be very disappointed by the media and commentators who jumped on their high horse to refuse evaluating Logan's hockey talent for months.

Mailloux deserved some harsh treatment. And the Hockey Canada pukes deserve at least as much

More IMO … LM grossly violated the young lady’s privacy and confidentiality by taking the picture and sharing it but otherwise her participation was voluntary

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

More IMO … LM grossly violated the young lady’s privacy and confidentiality by taking the picture and sharing it but otherwise her participation was voluntary

let's not revisit that discussion, please.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

let's not revisit that discussion, please.

I was in NO way defending Mailloux … but in the legal sense there is quite a difference in the crimes

48 minutes ago, DON said:

Xhekaj 1a 4 shots;  5gms 5pts 11 shots

Mysak 1g 5 shots;  5gms 2pts 24shots

https://awinninghabit.com/2022/06/29/montreal-canadiens-prospects-fall-memorial-cup-final/

they both did well and continued to develop and show they are trending up