Commandant

2 hours ago, DON said:

Will he and Hutson be the future 2nd pairing.:popcorn:

you mean, something like this:

Kidney-Mysak-Mesar

Hutson-Tourigny

TCAF Here We Come! - Papercutz-the Kids Graphic Novel Publisher

3 hours ago, DON said:

Seems higher projection than i expected, given his size and being passed over in draft before.

9. Miguel Tourigny, D

20 years old | 5-foot-8 | 168 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 216 in 2022
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Above NHL average
Puck skills: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

I think Pronman ranked him 45th for the draft last month whereas most others had him unranked which has a lot to do with that placement.  He's a big believer in Tourigny but he's the only one that would have him that high in that type of ranking.

https://habsprospects.com/

All games are at Eastern time

August 26 games

Spartak Moscow vs Kunlun Red Star 11:00 am - KHL Pre-season

Dmitri Kostenko -

Rögle BK at Växjö Lakers HC 12:00 pm - SHL Pre-season

Adam Engström -

KalPa Kuopio at HIFK Helsinki 10:00 am - Liiga Pre-season

Oliver Kapanen -

Acadie-Bathurst Titan at Moncton Wildcats 6:00 pm - QMJHL Pre-season

Riley Kidney -

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2022/8/24/23314948/frederik-dichow-2022-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

2 hours ago, DON said:

I'm kind of rooting for this guy.  I love a good underdog story.

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I'm kind of rooting for this guy.  I love a good underdog story.

I agree ... I have no hopes/expectations for Xhekaj to possibly be anything more than a 6/7 defencemen ... but for an undrafted player that would be a great result.

20 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I agree ... I have no hopes/expectations for Xhekaj to possibly be anything more than a 6/7 defencemen ... but for an undrafted player that would be a great result.

He and Chiarot from Hamilton and seems like would be great if he be become similar. Chiarot took awhile to develop in minors for the Jets.

Chiarot is likely a better skater isnt he?

image.png

1 hour ago, DON said:

I may have to go see a couple of 67s games this season.

3 hours ago, DON said:

The article includes a link to a video from Habs TV on their draft process ... I love Gorton's quote "don't fall in love with the character without the talent" ... it was in response to Lapointe apparently arguing for a player whose best attribute was character ... interesting that was about the only time that Lapointe spoke during what was shown of the actual meetings ... Is that a message from the Habs ... Martin Lapointe is the Director of Player Personnel and Amateur Scouting, while Nick Bobrov is Co-director of Amateur Scouting ... but it certainly is made to look like Bobrov carries more weight in the room.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

It may be the Oliver Stone side of my personality, but a small part of me wonders if he is healthy but they want to keep him away from the spotlight until he has the opportunity to put together a "body of work" in the OHL to (a) decide whether to sign him (I expect they ultimately will) and (b) make the story somewhat more about the on-ice rather than the off-ice.

Looking at the evaluation ... the strengths are extreme positives supporting a very high ceiling ... while the weaknesses do create a low floor, they are fortunately exactly the type of thing that hopefully can be addressed by experience and training/teaching/development.

45 minutes ago, DON said:

I think that is the hope ... although there seems to be more talk that I've seen/heard (in the evaluation and elsewhere) that he may end up on the wing ... but his leadership/character certainly seems like a bonus ... I'm hoping he is a useful player but personally not expecting him to be an impact player

Struble eh, some (most?) seem to like him as a prospect i guess.

Given depth of Habs LH d-men, would he have any trade value i wonder?

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2022/8/31/23328555/jayden-struble-2022-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/08/31/habs-12-most-nhl-ready-prospects/

NHL ready?

Kapanen 1g, 1g1a in his 2 Liiga pre-season games.

September 1 games

Rögle BK at GKS Katowice 12:05 pm - Champion Hockey League Group Stage - Watch online

Adam Engström -

Mountfield HK at Frölunda HC 1:05 pm - Champion Hockey League Group Stage - Watch online

Frederik Dichow -

HV 71 Jönköping vs Leksands IF 1:00 pm - SHL Pre-season

Emil Heineman -

KalPa Kuopio at Kouvolan Kiekko 11:30 am - Liiga Pre-season

Oliver Kapanen -

https://habsprospects.com/

Heineman 3g 3pts in 7 pre-season SHL games.

Kapanen 0pt

Engstrom 0pt, just 3:06 in Champion Hockey League game.

September 2 games

Guelph Storm at Mississauga Steelheads 7:00 pm - OHL Pre-season

Owen Beck -

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/junior-hockey/knights-gm-unclear-when-logan-mailloux-will-be-ready-to-play

“He’s just practising right now,” Knights GM Mark Hunter said. “His surgeon doesn’t want him in battle drills yet.”

How will Norlinder look in next few weeks? More physical & improved from last fall?

Or is he basically going to top out as a LH Wideman. Good with puck but no so good actually defending?

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2022/9/2/23325512/mattias-norlinder-2022-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

Wonder how Kidney & Roy will do at camp(s) this month, coming off World Junior experience? Assume both have good chance of World Juniors again in December and bigger roles.

Will either top their offense from last year in the Q?

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2022/9/5/23326720/riley-kidney-2022-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

3 hours ago, DON said:

Wonder how Kidney & Roy will do at camp(s) this month, coming off World Junior experience? Assume both have good chance of World Juniors again in December and bigger roles.

Will either top their offense from last year in the Q?

I'd be stunned if Roy improves on his numbers.  Kidney has an outside chance but I wouldn't call it likely either.  A lot of junior production is teammate-based so while those players could and should have better seasons from an overall performance perspective, it won't automatically result in more points.

Roy should crack the WJC roster again but Kidney is still probably on the fringes.  With a few months of new data to go off of, the coaching staff might prefer some of the recent draft picks who better fit a lower-end role.  Someone like Owen Beck, for example, might be more appealing in a 12-14 F slot.

Parker-Jones is a curious invite ... 22 yrs-old ... undrafted ... missed his OA year thanks to Covid ... has played one season of CIS hockey (I refuse to call it USports)  ... doing his agent a favour?  

Riley Mercer is at least an 18 yr-old who could potentially bloom.