Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Davidson 1g (21); 51pts in 32games

He was an interesting pick ... broke out as a 19 yr-old (8th in WHL in goals and points) and having a good follow-up season as an over-ager ...  will he be deemed worth a contract slot for 23/24 ... per CapFriendly the Habs only have 30 committed for next season.

Thoughts with him, his friends and family

• Like 1

Kidney 1g4a, 13 points in last 4 games.

Hutson 1g1a (GWG in 4-3 game)

Heineman 1g1a

Farrell 2g

Roy/Struble/Davidson 1a

Guindon 2a

Dobes 4g 27 shot loss

Farrell with 1 weak one and one nice one.

Canadian Hockey League Stats

Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Kidney, Riley Gatineau (QMJHL)
+4

Davidson, Jared Seattle (WHL)
+24

Roy, Joshua Sherbrooke (QMJHL)
+25

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound (OHL)
+12

Beck, Owen Peterborough (OHL)
+7

Rohrer, Vinzenz Ottawa (OHL)
+21

Mailloux, Logan London (OHL)
+7

Mešár, Filip Kitchener (OHL)

Sobolev, Daniil Windsor (OHL)
+14

https://chl.ca/video/2022-23-kia-chl-top-10-rankings-week-15

" Earning time in the national spotlight for the fifth time this season, the Gatineau Olympiques have turned heads following four-straight victories and now sit tied with 58 points atop the QMJHL’s Western Conference. Most impressive over the past week was that the Olympiques showed a strong ability to play under pressure as the club recorded three of its four victories in overtime. Montreal Canadiens prospect Riley Kidney has now recorded 13 points in five games since joining the Olympiques."

Question here about emergency call up, since we have that much injured players.

For Us college, how can we could call up Sean Farrel ? Would it be a pro contract and you can leave or there are rules against that ?

The other one i was thinking of were Mesar and Heinemen. I think CHL can call up but you have to send them back. EURO i have no clue, we take him black anytime against money ?

14 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Question here about emergency call up, since we have that much injured players.

For Us college, how can we could call up Sean Farrel ? Would it be a pro contract and you can leave or there are rules against that ?

The other one i was thinking of were Mesar and Heinemen. I think CHL can call up but you have to send them back. EURO i have no clue, we take him black anytime against money ?

They can't call Farrell up and send him back.  Once he joins Montreal, he can't go back to the NCAA.  The expectation is they'll try to sign him this season but they'll have to wait until after his season ends.

They could call up a signed CHL player (Mesar, Beck, Roy, and Kidney among forwards) but is this really a good situation to throw them into?  Two of them were just traded and are settling in with their new teams; is it worth disrupting that transition to toss one of them onto the fourth line for a week and a half before the All-Star break?  Probably not.  Mesar isn't remotely ready; maybe Roy could handle himself but it'd still carry some risks.

The Habs don't need an emergency situation to recall Heineman.  If they wanted to, they can bring him up at any time (cap and roster space permitting, of course).  But again, now you're flying someone over from Sweden for what could amount to a four-game stint and then sending him back, disrupting his season. 

• Upvote 1