Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Mailloux 1g(22) 5 shots

6th in OHL-d points; 47pts in49games; 1st in d-goals, 2nd in shots.

(Maybe Trevor Timmins deserves kudos on scouting this kid well it appears, totally ignoring the Bergevin picking him issue.)

Kidney (18 points in last 7 games) is going to surpass last years 100pt total; with 1g2a in 2nd period, he now has 91pts in 49.5 games.

https://goterriers.com/news/2023/3/3/mens-ice-hockey-no-7-terriers-clinch-hockey-east-regular-season-title-with-6-4-win-over-providence.aspx

GAME NOTES

• Brown and Lane Hutson are once again 1-2 in Hockey East with 43 and 41 points, respectively.
  • Hutson is the first freshman defenseman since Adam Fox in 2016-17 to reach 40 points; Fox finished with 40 points on six goals and 34 assists.
  • No other NCAA defenseman has more goals (12), assists (29) or points (41) than Hutson.

image.pngimage.png

Davidson 2g(34,35) 1st star in 3-2 loss yesterday

https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/articles/2023/03/hockey-east-names-2022-23-pro-ambitions-all-rookie-team.php

"Two statistical awards have been formally announced, both awarded to Boston University freshman Lane Hutson (Setauket, N.Y.). Hutson is the first-ever defenseman to claim the Hockey East Scoring Champion crown, posting 34 points on nine goals and 25 assists. He was also honored with the PNC Bank Three Stars Award as he compiled the highest total number of points earned when named a first, second, or third star of the game in Hockey East contests."

10 hours ago, DON said:

https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/articles/2023/03/hockey-east-names-2022-23-pro-ambitions-all-rookie-team.php

"Two statistical awards have been formally announced, both awarded to Boston University freshman Lane Hutson (Setauket, N.Y.). Hutson is the first-ever defenseman to claim the Hockey East Scoring Champion crown, posting 34 points on nine goals and 25 assists. He was also honored with the PNC Bank Three Stars Award as he compiled the highest total number of points earned when named a first, second, or third star of the game in Hockey East contests."

Excellent news ... but leave him be for at least another year ... hope he is smart/self-aware enough to realize it.

31 minutes ago, DON said:

I 'think odds of him returning to NCAA in the fall are 100%.

I agree ... but I also want him to make the decision because it is in his long-term best interests, not because the Habs don't give him the option of signing, 

46 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I agree ... but I also want him to make the decision because it is in his long-term best interests, not because the Habs don't give him the option of signing, 

Hope is both.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Mailloux is tied for the OHL D-men goal-scoring lead. He seems to have found his groove in the OHL, let's hope it translates to the pro level as well.

He needs to play more , he needs the “repeats”

I have always been positive about his hockey talent 

another prospect playing for a contract, needs to be signed by June 1st, 2023:

Farrell 2g, both banged home rebounds of own shots.  

Kidney/Beck 2a; Kidney 98points in 53games, last year 100pts in 66games.

Mesar 3a 1st star of game, sign of life.

Rohrer 1a

Davidson 3g (36,37,38)1a, 10th in WHL scoring

NCAA playoffs today; 

University of Vermont at Boston University 4:30 pm - Hockey East Quarter Final (single elimination)

Lane Hutson -
Luke Tuch -

Ohio State University at University of Michigan 6:30 pm - Big Ten Semi Final (single elimination)

Jakub Dobeš -

Princeton University at Harvard University 7:00 pm - ECAC Quarter Final (Harvard leads series 1-0) (best-of-3)

Sean Farrell -

Providence College at Northeastern University 7:00 pm - Big Ten Semi Final (single elimination)

Jayden Struble -

University of Minnesota Duluth at St. Cloud State University 7:00 pm - NCHC Quarter Final (St. Cloud leads series 1-0) (best-of-3)

Jack Smith -

Michigan State University at University of Minnesota 9:00 pm - Big Ten Semi Final (single elimination)

Rhett Pitlick -

1 hour ago, DON said:

Struble's NCAA career likely over with playoff loss, I think.

Will he go to Laval?

(1) Can he sign an ELC and go to Laval or would he have to accept an AHL PTO and sign after the season?

(2) Is he worth signing to an ELC now and burning a year?