Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Ikonen hasn't scored a goal yet in the eight games that he has played, but his team is also struggling, having a record of only 2-6 in those games.

The Athletic's Basu and Godin think the Habs have not yet given up on Ikonen, especially given that the prospect pipeline is heavier with defencemen than with forwards. Whether he can convince them to use up one of the contract slots come next summer remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Everyone expects Caufield to likely turn pro after his NCAA season but from MB's presser today Arpon Basu tweeted that "Marc Bergevin adds that the Canadiens are looking at Jordan Harris of Northeastern turning pro after his season is done as well, but that remains to be worked out."

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Everyone expects Caufield to likely turn pro after his NCAA season but from MB's presser today Arpon Basu tweeted that "Marc Bergevin adds that the Canadiens are looking at Jordan Harris of Northeastern turning pro after his season is done as well, but that remains to be worked out."

Glad they must feel he is or will be ready to make the jump.:thumbs_up:

We might end up having some D congestion in Laval, but that's a good thing. Ouellet, Fleury, Brook, Olofsson, Leskinen and Harris would be a pretty solid crew for the Rocket.

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

We might end up having some D congestion in Laval, but that's a good thing. Ouellet, Fleury, Brook, Olofsson, Leskinen and Harris would be a pretty solid crew for the Rocket.

It'd be short-lived.  Harris may get to play the last few weeks of the season but Fleury won't be back there next year (waivers) and chances are that one of Olofsson or Leskinen won't be back as they'll probably want to sign at least one of Fairbrother/LeGuerrier.

Ikonen "healthy" scratch

Harris is now out injured, Struble is back but 0pts

Farrell 1a 30gms 56pts

Gorniak 1a, Caufield 1g(18)1a so far, in 3rd period.

Dobes 4g on 23shots so far

Dobes 34shot 5-4 win, 4th win in last 5. 16-11-0 2.28 0.915%

39 minutes ago, DON said:

The guy can shoot the puck, there is no doubt about that.  Hopefully he can accomplish the same at the NHL level. 

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The guy can shoot the puck, there is no doubt about that.  Hopefully he can accomplish the same at the NHL level. 

Saw someone say Caufield should be in AHL for next 2 season. While might be ideal move for his development, i highly doubt Bergevin and crew have same timeline planned.

One obvious question is, how will he adjust to the increased speed and physicality of the pros.

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Saw someone say Caufield should be in AHL for next 2 season. While might be ideal move for his development, i highly doubt Bergevin and crew have same timeline planned.

One obvious question is, how will he adjust to the increased speed and physicality of the pros.

I think the only thing stopping people from saying he's NHL ready is his size. I'm sure Caufield will spend some time in the AHL just because the Habs wing depth is superb, but I'll bet on him forcing his way onto the Habs by training camp at the latest.

50 minutes ago, DON said:

No doubt that is the obvious question. Either he will adjust and become a 30-40 goal scorer or he won't be an NHL player period.  I don't think there will be any in between with Caulfied.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I think the only thing stopping people from saying he's NHL ready is his size. I'm sure Caufield will spend some time in the AHL just because the Habs wing depth is superb, but I'll bet on him forcing his way onto the Habs by training camp at the latest.

But the key is make HIM force his way onto the lineup and don’t just  give it to him.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, GHT120 said:

Good revision ... clarifies things, for me anyway ... they nominated CC last season, so why not this year when he would have a chance to win?  

I have one message for Wisconsin
CgRU=

Watching yesterday's Notre Dame vs. Wisconsin game and they talked about this. Wisconsin was one of several schools that never even got the original request for nominees (Spam filter? haha). Apparently Montreal fans put him in the lead within hours, but Toronto fans picked a random player to vote in over him and that player is now leading. 

3 minutes ago, DON said:

... Caufield on TSN2 at 8PM EST.

RDS has The Rocket at 7:00 pm ... decisions ... decisions

If the Badgers don't make the Frozen 4, Caufield could be available around March 16th ... 28-ish games potentially ... ***IF*** he is deemed NHL ready and Habs have a need at that time

If the Badgers don't make the Frozen 4, Caufield could be available around March 16th ... 28-ish games potentially ... ***IF*** he is deemed NHL ready and Habs have a need at that time

AHL, please. Don't rush the kid.