Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

21 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Alot of talk in Sweden that Mesar will play in SHL this season.

https://hockeysverige.se/2022/07/17/uppgifter-filip-mesar-kan-hamna-i-shl

Interesting, i thought CHL was gonna be it.

Not sure which would be better for his development, to play vs high school kids and dominate moreso or vs men?

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-send-bakers-dozen-world-junior-tournament/

39 minutes ago, DON said:

Interesting, i thought CHL was gonna be it.

Not sure which would be better for his development, to play vs high school kids and dominate moreso or vs men? ...

CHL has the benefit of adapting to the North American ice surface and style (and in a WORST CASE scenario an emergency call-up) ... so I'll vote CHL (as if my vote has any impact) ... ALSO ... perhaps it's not surprising that in SWEDEN there is a lot of talk about him playing in the SHL.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

gotta love Arber!

Not sure i "love' him, we havent even had a 1st date yet.:D

And i wouldnt make many NHL projections nor get 'too' excited, till he actually plays a pro-game vs non teen-agers first.

Seems we love to put the cart before horse with likes of Brook/Norlinder/etc, so maybe we should try and be bit more realistic with this young fella?

I think he would be pretty low on Habs LH-d depth chart at the moment. And Guhle-Harris-Edmundson-Matheson make things bit crowded, till injury or two crop up and/or one needed to play right side.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Not sure i "love' him, we havent even had a 1st date yet.:D

And i wouldnt make many NHL projections nor get 'too' excited, till he actually plays a pro-game vs non teen-agers first.

Seems we love to put the cart before horse with likes of Brook/Norlinder/etc, so maybe we should try and be bit more realistic with this young fella?

I think he would be pretty low on Habs LH-d depth chart at the moment. And Guhle-Harris-Edmundson-Matheson make things bit crowded, till injury or two crop up and/or one needed to play right side.

I have posted before, I think Arber will be the Rocket captain for a while with a toke NHL stint later in his career. I do not think he will be an NHLer but I hope he surprises us.

I am a fan of his style of play and potential role in Laval; he may become a key player for the prospects, enabling their development

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have posted before, I think Arber will be the Rocket captain for a while

Rocket Captain?

The role is normally reserved for life long AHL or ex NHLer, not a kid who has never played a pro game and just turned 21.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Rocket Captain?

The role is normally reserved for life long AHL or ex NHLer, not a kid who has never played a pro game and just turned 21.

Think he meant at some point, not now.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Rocket Captain?

he'll get there, and hopefully do better and make me eat my words if he becomes an NHL regular

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

he'll get there, and hopefully do better and make me eat my words if he becomes an NHL regular

A loud mouthed aggressive undisciplined player like him, why would he be captain material to begin with? I dont see it? And he isnt French.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

A loud mouthed undisciplined player like him, why would he be captain material to begin with? I dont see it? And he isnt French.

I didn't know he was loud mouthed, is he worst than Gumby (Josh Gorges) was?

Petteri Nurmi and Oliver Kapanen were both officially named to Finland's roster for the upcoming World Juniors.  That might be it for Montreal representation as many of the likely candidates (Slafkovsky, Mesar, Rohrer, and Guhle) have already been ruled out.  Those that are at the Canadian/US camps are likely being evaluated for the December edition, not this one.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

... Those that are at the Canadian/US camps are likely being evaluated for the December edition, not this one.

One would think that a lot of NHL teams would hold back players going to NHL training camps ... if I were running a team (a scary thought) I would seriously consider using August to prep my team for the 2023 WJHCs. (i.e., using more youngsters).  

15 hours ago, GHT120 said:

One would think that a lot of NHL teams would hold back players going to NHL training camps ... if I were running a team (a scary thought) I would seriously consider using August to prep my team for the 2023 WJHCs. (i.e., using more youngsters).  

That seems to be happening with a lot of teams.  It will be more of a watered-down tournament, that's for sure so there will be some younger players that will get a look.

45 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That seems to be happening with a lot of teams.  It will be more of a watered-down tournament, that's for sure so there will be some younger players that will get a look.

Too bad.

Even the Austrian kid isnt going eh? Would be nice to see Rohrer in a leading role on that team and the poor Slovacs must be doubly disappointed.

Mysak didn't play for the Czechs in the pre-tournament games which led to some speculation he wouldn't play at the World Juniors but he is on their 25-man roster.  I believe he's still injured at the moment though.

57 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Was Gorges a loud mouth?

he was a motor mouth in the locker room.

I think there was a fight due to this

I cannot find the video, but one of those "reality tv" shows they had showed Gorges going on and on in the locker room and I think he was the same from the bench

Habs had all night to debate this pick, seems like a well rounded centre. Hope he lights it up in OHL this year.

Had pretty solid rookie year last year.

2021-2022 Mississauga Steelheads OHL
+17