Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

4 hours ago, Plutarch said:

Must have missed it!

That's fine - I was more making a comment about the site putting it as a scoop that wasn't a scoop at all but rather something from four months ago.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

All those ______hockeynow sites are clickbait and I dont know the montreal guy well but Dater, DK in pitt, and jimmy murphy in boston are like an all star list of the worst beat writers from each team.

There's a lot of clickbait nonsense on there but their lead writer (Marco) is a pretty good writer for some of his columns.  As long as you avoid the alleged trade rumours, there's some decent content.

EOTP 30-25 prospect ranking

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2022/8/19/23305786/2022-top-25-under-25-montreal-canadiens-prospect-rankings-projects-near-misses-rohrer-teasdale

18 hours ago, dlbalr said:

but their lead writer (Marco) is a pretty good writer for some of his columns. 

Yes agree, his seems pretty good stuff.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, Commandant said:

All those ______hockeynow sites are clickbait and I dont know the montreal guy well but Dater, DK in pitt, and jimmy murphy in boston are like an all star list of the worst beat writers from each team.

It just popped up on Google's suggested articles. Annoying how terrible websites pay to be featured -.-

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Dmitri Kostenko has been loaned to Kunlun of the KHL for next season so he'll get a taste of action at Russia's top level.

Nice ... although if past experience means anything, unless he tears up the league, he likely gets limited ice time ... especially as he is potentially NHL bound ... unless this China-based team has a different philosophy (Just Win Baby ?).

Roy opens the scoring versus Finland ... from the "dirty area"

Roy is getting tons of playing time in this one - 22:58 after regulation.  If he has a few shifts in OT, that will push his ATOI up past 20 minutes a game which is pretty good.  Mysak wound up a little over 20 minutes a game as well. 

6 hours ago, DON said:

The boys.

I didn't think Guhle was that tall. Great to see Xhekaj hanging out with them.

Go Habs Go!

Tank one more year, then be set for many Stanley cup runs!

Of all the days to do that, this wasn't it.  It's not a great look for Guhle, the former captain of Team Canada who was designated as 'injured' for the tournament, to be out doing PR for the Habs on the night of the Gold Medal game featuring Team Canada.

“It is highly unlikely he will be able to participate in any of the Montreal Rookie Camp/training camps.”

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/08/20/health-update-for-canadiens-logan-mailloux-plans-for-the-fall/

https://www.nhl.com/news/sean-farrell-montreal-canadiens-prospect-working-on-fine-tuning-game-after-big-year/c-335305880

I assume Roy will have much bigger role in the next world juniors and maybe Kidney will earn a regular shift?

Will either or both of these guys match or surpass their offensive totals from last season in the Q?

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2022/08/20/canadiens-joshua-roy-continuing-to-impress-hockey-canada/

IIHF Directorate Awards
Best Goalkeeper: Jesper Wallstedt, Sweden
Best Defender: Kasper Puutio, Finland
Best Forward: Mason McTavish, Canada

Media All-Star Team & MVP
Goalkeeper: Jesper Wallstedt, Sweden
Defender: Olen Zellweger, Canada
Defender: Emil Andrae, Sweden
Forward: Mason McTavish, Canada
Forward: Joakim Kemell, Finland
Forward: Jan Mysak, Czechia
Most Valuable Player: Mason McTavish, Canada

Scouting video on Habs 3rd rounder

On 8/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, dlbalr said:

Roy is getting tons of playing time in this one - 22:58 after regulation.  If he has a few shifts in OT, that will push his ATOI up past 20 minutes a game which is pretty good.  Mysak wound up a little over 20 minutes a game as well. 

From Scott Wheeler's tournament notebook ...

Roy: "Like how he moulded his game to his linemates (first as third fiddle with Bedard and McTavish, then on the third line with Greig and Dufour, and then back up with McTavish on the first line but with Dufour). There were games in the tournament where he played the complementary role well and others where he had the puck more and looked good with it. Big fan."

Mysak: "Captain and best player. Got after it on the forecheck all tournament, forcing defenders into rushed decisions with his pressure. Centred PP1. Cutting to inside. Going inside-out on D too. Pace. Speed in straight lines. Quick release. Late game D-zone. A game-high among forwards of 21:41 and incredible 12 shots in Czechia’s opener against Slovakia. Around net. Big in big moments. At the front of the net constantly. Laid some filthy passes through sticks and feet."

Kapanen: "Skating looks improved. Great job tracking back (as always) to support play defensively or come up with steals on the backcheck."

My take,

Mysak played well.

Roy seems so soft, but coaches played him lots and Kapanen was unnoticeable, both just turned 19 and expect them to have bigger roles at x-mas tournament. 

Kidney got his feet wet at least and hope he has big start to season and makes X-mas team.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/juraj-slafkovsky-to-attend-2022-nhlpa-rookie-showcase/c-335356376

Well, Pronman has Habs in top 8;

Full individual evaluations of all players with tool grades and tiers that can be applied across all teams are found within each team’s ranking of its own players.

We will be rolling out eight teams a day over four days this week.

And now for the rankings:

9. New York Rangers

10. Los Angeles Kings

11. Arizona Coyotes

12. Columbus Blue Jackets

8 hours ago, DON said:

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/juraj-slafkovsky-to-attend-2022-nhlpa-rookie-showcase/c-335356376

Well, Pronman has Habs in top 8;

Full individual evaluations of all players with tool grades and tiers that can be applied across all teams are found within each team’s ranking of its own players.

We will be rolling out eight teams a day over four days this week.

And now for the rankings:

9. New York Rangers

10. Los Angeles Kings

11. Arizona Coyotes

12. Columbus Blue Jackets

NYR at 9?!

I expect he would be happy with 9 seasons and 518 games

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I expect he would be happy with 9 seasons and 518 games

I still chuckle every time i see Crankshaft.

He was "entertaining".

https://theathletic.com/3514687/2022/08/25/montreal-canadiens-nhl-pipeline-rankings-prospects/

Montreal Canadiens rank No. 7 in NHL Pipeline Rankings for 2022

The Habs picked No. 1 this year and their pipeline is led by that selection, Juraj Slafkovsky. After that they have a premium goal scorer in Cole Caufield and some good defense prospects. How good Kirby Dach becomes or not will be a major variable for this franchise as well.

Key graduate: Nick Suzuki

Key additions: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kirby Dach, Filip Mesar, Lane Hutson, Owen Beck

2021 ranking: No. 12

2022 NHL Draft grade: A+

15 minutes ago, DON said:

https://theathletic.com/3514687/2022/08/25/montreal-canadiens-nhl-pipeline-rankings-prospects/

Montreal Canadiens rank No. 7 in NHL Pipeline Rankings for 2022

The Habs picked No. 1 this year and their pipeline is led by that selection, Juraj Slafkovsky. After that they have a premium goal scorer in Cole Caufield and some good defense prospects. How good Kirby Dach becomes or not will be a major variable for this franchise as well.

Key graduate: Nick Suzuki

Key additions: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kirby Dach, Filip Mesar, Lane Hutson, Owen Beck

2021 ranking: No. 12

2022 NHL Draft grade: A+

I haven’t read the article, thanks for posting a summary/tidbit 

Gallagher’s summer preparation has a big influence on his season. Always had.

A few years ago he tried to bulk up and was slow as a snail; las year he didn’t have as long a break 

I believe he will be in the 15-20 range but with a more constant Gallagher-like intensity

Seems higher projection than i expected, given his size and being passed over in draft before.

9. Miguel Tourigny, D

20 years old | 5-foot-8 | 168 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 216 in 2022
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Above NHL average
Puck skills: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Seems higher projection than i expected, given his size and being passed over in draft before.

9. Miguel Tourigny, D

20 years old | 5-foot-8 | 168 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 216 in 2022
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Above NHL average
Puck skills: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

For a small defenceman, it does seem strange that he is ranked so high with "below NHL average" puck skills.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

For a small defenceman, it does seem strange that he is ranked so high with "below NHL average" puck skills.

Will he and Hutson be the future 2nd pairing.:popcorn: