Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

https://www.therecord.com/sports/rangers/2022/10/21/power-line-propels-kitchener-rangers-to-second-straight-win.html

The first live viewing of Mesar was impressive. His speed is something the Rangers have lacked. His awareness with the puck also fills a need. I think his mere presence also takes some pressure off captain Francesco Pinelli. Felt like Frankie was more relaxed in this one.”

Beck 2g1a end 2nd; 12pts in 7 games.

Mailloux 1g end 2nd  2pts in 3games

Mesar 1g mid 3rd.

Mesar 2g, OT winner, 1st star of game. 6pts in 2games

Hutson 1g1a

Struble 1g

Gorniak/Pitlick 1g

Farrell 1g1a exhibition game

Croteau 2g 28 shots win, now 3-4 in USHL. 

https://habsprospects.com/

All games are at Eastern time

October 23 games

Trois-Rivières Lions at Maine Mariners 3:00 pm

Kunlun Red Star at Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod 10:00 am

Dmitri Kostenko -

HK Dukla Trenčín at HKM Zvolen 11:00 am

Miguël Tourigny -

Acadie-Bathurst Titan at Halifax Mooseheads 1:00 pm

Riley Kidney -

Victoriaville Tigres at Sherbrooke Phoenix 3:00 pm

Joshua Roy -

Ottawa 67's at Sudbury Wolves 2:05 pm

Vinzenz Rohrer -

Niagara IceDogs at Windsor Spitfires 4:05 pm

Daniil Sobolev 

15 minutes ago, DON said:

Looking like a steal at 33rd overall.

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It's certainly looking that way. 

yes, I think I mentioned before: if we were still in win-now "get into the playoffs and anything is possible" this is the type of draft pick we would consider a great find by TT/MB when picking 25th to 32nd

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yes, I think I mentioned before: if we were still in win-now "get into the playoffs and anything is possible" this is the type of draft pick we would consider a great find by TT/MB when picking 25th to 32nd

The nice thing about having the 1st pick in the 2nd round is that you have all night to decide who you are going to pick.  You don't have to think about who somebody else may pick so obviously the decision to pick Beck was well thought out and its looking like it could be a home run. He seems to have all the tangibles (ie great skater) and the intangibles (smarts, character) that you look for. I really like what I see here. 

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yeah instead of the the usual McCarron, Tinordi (Under Gainey) size fetish type picks the habs usually made in that range.

13 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah instead of the the usual McCarron, Tinordi (Under Gainey) size fetish type picks the habs usually made in that range.

the quality of the available draft picks had something to do too. Also remember that NYR fans remember Gorton as extremely lucky with draft picks... maybe Habs got lucky

Nicee.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/10/26/23424406/adam-engstrom-named-to-the-swedish-u20-team-to-the-three-nations-tournament-world-juniors-wjc

His selection indicates strongly that he will make Team Sweden for this year’s World Junior Championships, hosted in Halifax, Nova Scotia and Moncton, New Brunswick.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Mailloux 1g(2)1a, GWG in OT 1st star of game.

Guindon 1g(4)

Engstrom 0pts, just 5:55 icetime.

He looks so big compared to the other players. He also seems to be fast on the break away.

• Like 1

No drop off with Timmins/Bergy gone from the draftroom, it seems.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/catching-the-torch/2022/10/28/23424078/montreal-canadiens-prospects-catching-the-torch-owen-beck-filip-mesar-lane-hutson-highlights-stats

"These were two games in which Mešár absolutely overwhelmed his opposition with his combination of pace, handling skill and vision. He scored on an end-to-end rush in his first game on Friday, immediately displaying what made him a first-round pick in a draft with a relatively strong amount of depth."

"What has surprised me the most about Hutson so far for the Terriers isn’t his outstanding playmaking; that’s an area of his game that has always been undeniable. Simply put, he has had moments where he was outright the best defensive player on a stacked Boston blue line."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

... "Simply put, he has had moments where he was outright the best defensive player on a stacked Boston blue line."

THAT is the best news IMO ... hopefully we see him at the WJHC