Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

57 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They won't be signing Engstrom yet but I think they're going to give serious consideration to signing Dobes.

Would they burn an ELC year or go the 23/24 route on Dobes?

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Would they burn an ELC year or go the 23/24 route on Dobes?

I think their preference would be to not burn a year, especially since they're not at immediate risk of losing him.  Goalies are longer-term projects and he'll get a two-year deal (unlike, say, Devon Levi who got a three-year that started this season) so there isn't much incentive to fast-track.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think their preference would be to not burn a year, especially since they're not at immediate risk of losing him.  Goalies are longer-term projects and he'll get a two-year deal (unlike, say, Devon Levi who got a three-year that started this season) so there isn't much incentive to fast-track.

Is he not a 3-year ELC at age 21?

What does Ohio State look like for next season?  Might they need to tempt him to leave (i.e., if they will be strong again)?

31 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Is he not a 3-year ELC at age 21?

What does Ohio State look like for next season?  Might they need to tempt him to leave (i.e., if they will be strong again)?

The signing date for an ELC is based as of September 15th of that year.  At that time, he will be 22 so I believe that locks him into the 2-year one.

I'm not too familiar with Ohio State's roster.  I don't remember seeing anyone from there come up in my college FA primer pieces for PHR and I don't know how many other NHL-drafted players they have off the top of my head.  It's definitely possible that he looks to stick around for one more kick at the can there.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The signing date for an ELC is based as of September 15th of that year.  At that time, he will be 22 so I believe that locks him into the 2-year one.

Agreed ... He turns 22 in May ... Thanks

Kapanen loses in Game 7

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2023/3/28/23657885/adam-engstrom-season-ends-endorsement-from-other-teams-coach-montreal-canadiens-prospect-development

"Despite the distinct absence of a fairytale ending, there is a silver lining to the story for Engström, Montreal’s third-round selection in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft. After the game, Skellefteå coach Robert Ohlsson was asked to give his general impressions on the game. After talking about the atmosphere at Catena Arena and praising the home supporters, Ohlsson unexpectedly singled out one particular player:

”I have loved every stride from Adam Engström, number 56, in the playoffs,” Ohlsson said. “I think he looks exquisite out there. He is a young player that dares to [actually] play hockey, I like that.”

It takes a lot to earn unprovoked praise from the opposing coach after they have just eliminated you from the playoffs, and so Eyes on the Prize took the opportunity to follow up with coach Ohlsson after the press conference.

“He has been a difficult player to coach against,” Ohlsson began. “He has repeatedly asked questions of our defenders and our forwards. He is very skilled, and he is an exciting defender to follow [in the future].” As he talked, the hockey fan in Ohlsson began to surface: “I am very impressed that such a young defender has been [able to be] so prominent in this series. I just want to repeat that I have had trouble coaching against him, and we should be happy that Swedish hockey can produce such a player.” "

• Like 1

Well CHL playoff firing up.

All games are at Eastern time

March 30 games

Oshawa Generals at Ottawa 67's 7:00 pm - OHL First Round (best-of-7)

Vinzenz Rohrer -

Sudbury Wolves at Peterborough 7:05 pm - OHL First Round (best-of-7)

Owen Beck -

Kitchener Rangers at Windsor Spitfires 7:05 pm - OHL First Round (best-of-7)

Filip Mešár -
Daniil Sobolev -

https://habsprospects.com/

Regular Season
  Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Kidney, Riley Gatineau (QMJHL)
+32

Roy, Joshua Sherbrooke (QMJHL)
+69

Davidson, Jared Seattle (WHL)
+41

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound (OHL)

Beck, Owen Peterborough (OHL)
+8

Mailloux, Logan London (OHL)
+15

Mešár, Filip Kitchener (OHL)

Rohrer, Vinzenz Ottawa (OHL)
+22

Sobolev, Daniil Windsor (OHL)
+12

Q and the WHL playoffs start today.

Will Kidney & Roy stay hot and have big finish's to their junior careers?

Game 1 for Mailloux in series vs Guindon

Davidson & Seattle should beat the Rockets pretty easily.

Kidney 7 points in his 3 games, nice start.

Kidney/Roy/Mesar/Rohrer/Mailloux/Beck/Guindon/Davidson all play again today. Everybody is up 2-0 in 1st round, cept Guindon down 0-2 vs Mailloux-Knights.

very good breakdown on Mailloux. At 19 years old and after all the missed time not playing, I am still hopeful he can become a regular NHL RD.

10 hours ago, DON said:

Roy 1g3a 1st star of game

Mailloux 1a

Guindon 1g1a 2nd star of game

Beck 1g 3rd star of game

I am cheering for Beck to do well and for Mailloux to silence critics 

Davidson 2a, 5pts 3 gms

Mailloux's ability to consistently defend well vs pros, will be questioned by everyone for awhile yet. We shall see in the fall and maybe like Xhekaj he will surprise.

He is 6'3" RH big shot, a bit physical and can skate, now he just needs to defend better than a Wideman and work with coaching staff on some weaknesses this off-season.

Beck had a better game yesterday, see if his, Roy and Davidsons' teams sweep today.

https://habsprospects.com/index.html

Canadian Hockey League Stats

Playoffs
  Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Kidney, Riley Gatineau (QMJHL)
+4