Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I honestly don't know anything about him other than he is a RH D. Is he another smurf like MAB? The habs have way too many of those.

I would put my money on Dietz-Thrower-Pateryn or maybe even Didier for RH d-man, but most are a few years away from NHL.

Habs d are doing fine and RH-d likely not a big pressing issue for Bergevin. He will still be focused on a 'Vanek-like' winger to sign/trade for in summer.

Who knows, maybe Nygren will grow up a bit and come back to Hamilton?

With Mac Bennett's Michigan team not likely to make the Frozen Four, there are rumblings that he'll be signing with the Habs in the next few days. The selection for the last tournament is Sunday so there probably won't be anything before then.

With Mac Bennett's Michigan team not likely to make the Frozen Four, there are rumblings that he'll be signing with the Habs in the next few days. The selection for the last tournament is Sunday so there probably won't be anything before then.

Well, hope he signs and maybe Pateryn will have a new roomate and old d-partner, he can mentor next week?

Michigan is 11th in RPI. I don't think its a lock that they don't make the tournament. They are right on the bubble and it will matter how many teams below them get automatic berths.

Formula is Automatic Berths + However many non-automatic are needed in order of RPI = 16

If teams ahead of them like Minnesota or Wisconsin, Union, Boston College or Notre Dame or Umass-Lowell, etc... can win their conference tourneys and snatch the automatics... they should still get through.

Would love to hear de la Rose is on his way to Hamilton.

Nice 'editorial' on prospects playoffs dlbalr.

What is rumblings about not signing Vail? Didn't he even do very well in Hamilton stint last spring?

Nevins likely be an Ian Shultz type and AHL is as high as go? But, also would like to see Sudbury disposed of quickly.

Which Q-prospect of the Habs will shine the most in playoffs? Reway-Hudon-Gregoire-Fucale?

What is rumblings about not signing Vail? Didn't he even do very well in Hamilton stint last spring?

Nevins likely be an Ian Shultz type and AHL is as high as go? But, also would like to see Sudbury disposed of quickly.

Which Q-prospect of the Habs will shine the most in playoffs? Reway-Hudon-Gregoire-Fucale?

There was a report about 6 weeks ago that the Habs were leaning towards not signing Vail. They weren't too impressed with his stint in Hamilton (though as an 18 year old playing with two useless goons, any expectations would have been too high) and they certainly weren't happy with him at rookie camp; they cut him ahead of most of the tryouts.

Nevins I think will be in the ECHL to start next year but a few games in Hamilton certainly wouldn't hurt. If Crisp gets down there, I hope he gets a shot in Tarnasky's role as a 2nd/3rd liner with some scoring abilities.

I think Hudon is the one to watch in the Quebec League postseason. I don't see Gatineau getting too far while it's hard for Fucale to shine on a team that doesn't allow too many shots. Hudon was great in the playoffs last year in limited action and as the go-to guy on the top team points-wise in the league, there's going to be big pressure on him. I think he'll be able to handle it.

There was a report about 6 weeks ago that the Habs were leaning towards not signing Vail. They weren't too impressed with his stint in Hamilton (though as an 18 year old playing with two useless goons, any expectations would have been too high) and they certainly weren't happy with him at rookie camp; they cut him ahead of most of the tryouts.

Nevins I think will be in the ECHL to start next year but a few games in Hamilton certainly wouldn't hurt. If Crisp gets down there, I hope he gets a shot in Tarnasky's role as a 2nd/3rd liner with some scoring abilities.

I think Hudon is the one to watch in the Quebec League postseason. I don't see Gatineau getting too far while it's hard for Fucale to shine on a team that doesn't allow too many shots. Hudon was great in the playoffs last year in limited action and as the go-to guy on the top team points-wise in the league, there's going to be big pressure on him. I think he'll be able to handle it.

For some reason I got good feeling about Gregoire.

Fucale beat on breakaway, good move; but short side on 2nd goal, he should of had.

Didier had a big game yesterday with a couple of assists in the NCHC semi-final. They play against Miami today, the winner goes to the NCAA tournament.

I think he had 3a yesterday and 4a over last 2 games, but only 9pts all year, clutch player?

he was 2nd star of yesterdays game.

220lb RH-physical defensive d-man, may fit in nicely, if footspeed can be good enough for pro play?

Havent seen play for long time, he was pretty much a #6 d as a freshman, if I recall.

220lb RH-physical defensive d-man, may fit in nicely, if footspeed can be good enough for pro play?

Havent seen play for long time, he was pretty much a #6 d as a freshman, if I recall.

He's certainly a project. His speed needs to improve while his offensive game needs to take a big step forward (the last couple of days notwithstanding). He's a 3rd pairing type of player in the pros but the style he plays is something that the Habs/Bulldogs both lack.

Gregoire to Hudon for EN goal today.

Reway another 2a today

Nevins 1g

McCarron 1a so far in what looks like a blow out over Spitfires.

Fucale wins again, peppered with 18 shots, giving up 1 goal.

Gregoire to Hudon for EN goal today.

Reway another 2a today

Nevins 1g

McCarron 1a so far in what looks like a blow out over Spitfires.

Fucale wins again, peppered with 18 shots, giving up 1 goal.

Reway actually had 3a and 1st star yesterday.

7points & +8 in first 2 playoff games...not bad.

Michigan didn't make BIG10 Tourny, so I assume he can sign with Habs anyday now?

Does de la Rose have to wait till end of SHL contract April 30th to come over?

Michigan didn't make BIG10 Tourny, so I assume he can sign with Habs anyday now?

Does de la Rose have to wait till end of SHL contract April 30th to come over?

Bennett can sign whenever. De la Rose, with permission from his club team, could sign before the end of April. Since his contract is up next month, I can't see why they'd block him.

He's certainly a project. His speed needs to improve while his offensive game needs to take a big step forward (the last couple of days notwithstanding). He's a 3rd pairing type of player in the pros but the style he plays is something that the Habs/Bulldogs both lack.

His defensive game is excellent for the NCAA

His defensive game is excellent for the NCAA

Yep. I think he'll be a player who's better suited for the pros than college.

There was a bit of an incident in Game 2 of London-Windsor. McCarron got a 3rd man in penalty and could be facing suspension while Vail's mother got ejected for throwing beers into London's penalty bench, striking one of the Knights' players. She has since been charged with trespassing.

http://metronews.ca/news/london/980321/london-knights-take-2-0-playoff-lead-over-windsor-spitfires/

Yep. I think he'll be a player who's better suited for the pros than college.

There was a bit of an incident in Game 2 of London-Windsor. McCarron got a 3rd man in penalty and could be facing suspension while Vail's mother got ejected for throwing beers into London's penalty bench, striking one of the Knights' players. She has since been charged with trespassing.

http://metronews.ca/news/london/980321/london-knights-take-2-0-playoff-lead-over-windsor-spitfires/

Well, encouraging to hear you 2 are fond of Didier's play.

Do you think Bennett will do as well/better then Pateryn has in AHL? Pateryn's offense is a surprise, but Bennett has always been more offensive than his buddy; but how will his game transfer from NCAA-to pro level?

Is Bennett a slightly less skilled but better defending Beaulieu-type?

Do you think Bennett will do as well/better then Pateryn has in AHL? Pateryn's offense is a surprise, but Bennett has always been more offensive than his buddy; but how will his game transfer from NCAA-to pro level?

Is Bennett a slightly less skilled but better defending Beaulieu-type?

I'm a Bennett fan and I think his game will translate well to the pro level but it's really hard to compare him and Pateryn given that they play two very different styles. They could make a nice complementary pairing for sure if they're reunited. I don't think Bennett will see such a big uptick in his offence like Pateryn did though.

I think your comparison with Beaulieu makes sense. I view Bennett as a two-day d-man with good skating skills while Beaulieu is an offensive d-man (better than Bennett) with good skating skills.

I'm a Bennett fan and I think his game will translate well to the pro level but it's really hard to compare him and Pateryn given that they play two very different styles. They could make a nice complementary pairing for sure if they're reunited. I don't think Bennett will see such a big uptick in his offence like Pateryn did though.

I think your comparison with Beaulieu makes sense. I view Bennett as a two-day d-man with good skating skills while Beaulieu is an offensive d-man (better than Bennett) with good skating skills.

Every game i have watched, PBP or colour guys (whether Michigan or opposition biased) were always tossing out glowing remarks about Bennett (smooth strong skating, smart defender, leader, etc etc)

But, how he would of done in CHL? or how he would compare to a CHL d-man, seems hard to judge for me.

His maturity is above Beaulieu, I think all would agree on that.

Hope he is signed soon, Crisp-Vail should be in AHL very shortly, or a sweep looks in the works for ther teams.

Crisp 1a today. Vail is -4 in a 8-1 blowout to London (so far)

McCarron with 1g so far today, now 3pts in 3 games

Hudon to Gregoire for PP goal today, they have 7 points between them in 3 games

BUT.

Reway 2a so far today, 9points/3 games and +11

Fucale with another 16 save 1 GA Win.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker