Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Is Lernout shaping up to be a Souray-type Dman? A big, nasty, tough s.o.b that can put up pts? Be nice if he could play better defensively than Souray too

That seems too lofty of expectations. Keep in mind that Dietz had even better offensive numbers than Lernout and has done next-to-nothing offensively in the pros. I'd project him as a 3rd pairing defenceman who could play 2nd pairing PP if all goes well.

I listened to a bit of Scherbak's game and hardly heard his name being involved nor discussed at all, when a month or so ago Everett announcers would be drooling about his overall play.

He had 2a, was only player to be +3, but not one of 3 stars.

WHL guys noted he would be a star one game, then invisible the next (which he was the last game I watched), which isn't a great overall impression, Gallagher used to bring it every night and why he had 40+ goals.

Scherbak has about 20 games left and seems unlikely to hit 30 goals or may just make it.

Scherbak 3rd star with 1g 1a and seemed much more involved in this one early in game anyways.

Has 4 points in 2 games so far this weekend aint to bad, with 3-in-3 should be good test and battle vs Portland today.

McCarron and Scherbak. With Patches. If they become half the player... Perhaps finally figuring out how to draft big boys who don't play like Jason Ward?

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker