Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Fucale seemed to have sub-par game.

Bozon 12points in last 10games

Scherbak 1a on only goal of game, 9pts in last 10games.

Lernout 1a also, 7pts in last 10games.

Well LL hasn't played NHL game yet, so will get no pick for that trade eh.

Playoff games count towards the 15 games so technically it's still possible (La Presse jumped the gun with that article today). That said, he's not playing in one game let alone 15.

Yep, they passed on Kreider make the home town fans happy.

He was ranked right around that range, long before and lealding up to the draft, so wasnt huge leap to choose him. But French factor had to play a bit into selection.

No, it wasn't a leap, Kreider had size and speed, LL didn't. The Habs were starved for big fast players. I said at the tie they should have went with Kreider or someone similar.

Come on? Bob McKenzie had Leblanc ranked 17th and Krieder 19th.

So, you may be a better scout/insider than McKenzie/Timmins and many others who felt LL would be/was a good pick at 18th, but doubt it.

It is a crapshoot, trying to project 17 year olds, I would like to see age increased for draft.

The only 2 1st rounders I had an issue with, as soon as were picked, was Tinordi and McCarron.

Trading up to get a strictly defensive d-man in 1st round with little skill, picked for his size (and maybe leadership qualities) and McCarron was picked based solely on physical size and 'truculence'.

Got to try and get a skilled kid in 1st round and not be blinded by 'size', which can easily be found in 2nd round.

Lernout 7pts in last 10 games and Zero fights since dec 28th, encouraging.

Gregoire still doing well, 10pts in last 10 game and has 19g in 30 games

Audette 8pts in 10 games, still think he will be a Dumont type player with less grit.

Scherbak only 4g in last 14 games, seems unlikely to get 30g this year (not so good); whereas Bozon has 33g in just 54 games (but does have Reinhart helping him along).

I watched a bit of Audette's game on Sportsnet yesterday. They had him killing a 3-on-5 situation and he wasn't half bad out there. That said, he's an awful lot more comfortable in the offensive zone than he is in the defensive one. I don't see a lot of similarities between him and Dumont though aside from the province they were born in and size. Dumont was a feisty player in the Q, Audette is more finesse.

Also, Jake Evans' season is over after his team was ousted in the playoffs. Not a bad first year although he tailed off as the season progressed.

I watched a bit of Audette's game on Sportsnet yesterday. They had him killing a 3-on-5 situation and he wasn't half bad out there. That said, he's an awful lot more comfortable in the offensive zone than he is in the defensive one. I don't see a lot of similarities between him and Dumont though aside from the province they were born in and size. Dumont was a feisty player in the Q, Audette is more finesse.

Also, Jake Evans' season is over after his team was ousted in the playoffs. Not a bad first year although he tailed off as the season progressed.

Actually Audette has racked up surprising # PIMS and Dumont at least had one wicked year with 51g.

What I kinda was going for is that Audette likely be very good AHLer also and that is all.

It was good to hear from Lammy a few days back. I haven't seen Commandant's name in months. He always did a good job bring the eligible NCAA players to light. Kind of miss him.

Commadant is on ForumIce forum now.

The only 2 1st rounders I had an issue with, as soon as were picked, was Tinordi and McCarron.

Trading up to get a strictly defensive d-man in 1st round with little skill, picked for his size (and maybe leadership qualities) and McCarron was picked based solely on physical size and 'truculence'.

Got to try and get a skilled kid in 1st round and not be blinded by 'size', which can easily be found in 2nd round.

With McCarron, we had two second round picks early in the round which were pretty much like late first round picks. I've said it countless times, if we picked De La Rose with our first rounder then McCarron and Fucale, everyone would have been absolutely fine with it. We're talking the difference between a 25th overall pick and a 34th overall pick.

Tinordi, eh. I didn't like giving up a second to move up for him but from where our original pick spot was, unless Timmins had Justin Faulk on his mind, it's not like we would have had anyone good.

And I have said I didn't have McCarron in top 60, so even at 34th, no thanks I still had 20 "I liked" more than him and what little I did see of McCarron at U18s he did stand out. But mostly due to huge size.

So now, I just hope he can skate quick enough to keep up at pro level in Hamilton and at least become a bottom six checker, only time will tell.

Like the interview with Scherbak's coach Kevin Constantine. Which he had glowing praise for him being a real character kid and knowing he has to work on his defensive/physical game and he has been improving. And I will take the being "NHL-ready" comment with grain of salt and see how he does in playoffs first.

They interviewed Scherbak between periods as well as at end of game...he is very 'personable' and outgoing kid.

He had 2a, was +3 and stood out in game with some slick passes & skating; as well as even backchecking. Which is new part of his game, he said he has been trying to work hard on his defense this year and is a +31.

Bozon got his 35th, for 4g in last 5 games. He has had 2 seasons with 36g and has one more game to match/best that.

Audette 2g 1a for 8pts in last 5 games.

and...Fucale pulled again after giving up 4.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker