Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

What is wrong with Fucale?

I wonder if it's just boredom at this point. As a 3.5 year starter, he has played a lot of games at the same level and often a bit of a malaise can set in towards the end. Add that to the fact that he knows he's going to another Memorial Cup no matter what and he may just be putting in time at this point which wouldn't be good. Being on a new team may also play a bit of a role in him being uncomfortable.

Gregoire 1st star of game with GWG, 1g 1a

Audette also with 1g 1a

Fucale 'rested' yesterday

Didier gets his 3rd goal.

Gregoire 32gms 20g 41pts (1.28ppg), most productive prospect (barring a huge game for Scherbak today).

Scherbak 65-27-82 (1.26)

McCarron 55-28-67 (1.22)

Audette 60-29-73 (1.22)

Bozon 56-35-62 (1.10)

Reway 46-12-50 (1.09)

Lernout 72-14g-42 (he only had 22pts last year, had 7pp goals and was his 2nd straight yr playing every game)

Busy evening for HabsProspects.

Are televising much of Kootenay and 2 games of Swift Current series (out west) for 1st round, see how Bozon & Lernout do.

Am sure Spokane will be trying to simply shut down Scherbak & Nikolishin.

Not sure who Sportsnet is covering? Bit of all 3 leagues I assume?

Will Fucale even start today?

Busy evening for HabsProspects.

Are televising much of Kootenay and 2 games of Swift Current series (out west) for 1st round, see how Bozon & Lernout do.

Am sure Spokane will be trying to simply shut down Scherbak & Nikolishin.

Not sure who Sportsnet is covering? Bit of all 3 leagues I assume?

Will Fucale even start today?

Sportsnet is showing the first two Peterborough-Oshawa games followed by two Brandon-Edmonton games.

As for Fucale, I'd have to guess he won't start. But I'm sure he'll get his chance at some point.

Fucale not starting, Que. down 3-1

Sherbrooke down 8-1 Audette nothing so far.

Gregoire BC being shut out 2-0.

McCarron 1a and 1 fight so far on Sportsnet. He is a big boy.

What are the chances of Scherbak and McCarron (and their respective teams obviously) making it to Memorial Cup? And which prospects in the Q are on contenders? Fucale is hosting..but not sure about his playing time

Fucale's team already in Memorial cup, Quebec is hosting it.

Bozon's/Audette's/Lernout's team wont go anywhere.

Scherbak's/Gregoire team possibly but not a favourite, so slim chance.

McCarron's team is pretty strong I think.

Lernout/Bozon both -2; Bozon had an OK game, played fine and fired a few shots, but he and Reinhart were shutdown by Calgary (still won); Bozon/Reinhart were the only Ice who were -2.

McCarron had 'Gordie Howe hattrick', still seems big and bit clumsy, but stood out for sure and made a few smart plays with puck.

Gregoire had 1a in a win;

His teammate (so grain of salt on glowing remarks) when interviewed between periods, spoke to Gregoire's return from injury as main reason for his own super 2nd half offense, said Gregoire has been great leader/captain this year, even while out injured for first 1/2 season he was always around cheerleading the whole time and with his gritty play he leads by example and its rubbing off on teammates.

Scherbak's name was hardly mentioned in 1st period, he had no points and took a 10minute misconduct in 3rd period. But he team had relatively easy win with 5 3rd period goals, after starting the 3rd down 1-0.

This game had 156 penalty minutes, mostly in 3rd, may be an 'old-time' hockey type series (which is not Scherbak's type of game, he is not physical and still needs to beef up some before turning pro).

What are the chances of Scherbak and McCarron (and their respective teams obviously) making it to Memorial Cup? And which prospects in the Q are on contenders? Fucale is hosting..but not sure about his playing time

McCarron should have a decent chance, they're the favourites to come out of the East in the OHL at least not to mention being ranked of the top teams in the country. Them vs Erie in the finals would make for a fun series. That's about the only prospect whose team is likely to have a really deep run in my opinion.

Thanks guys. I watched Denver beat out BC..can't say that I was overly impressed with Didier though. He didn't do anything particularly outstanding, but didn't do anything awful either...his team played well I guess?

Thanks guys. I watched Denver beat out BC..can't say that I was overly impressed with Didier though. He didn't do anything particularly outstanding, but didn't do anything awful either...his team played well I guess?

He's not the type of player you'll notice very often. He's a pure stay-at-home guy who throws a big hit every now and then. Personally, I think his game is better suited for the pros than the college level.

Didier plays again today on TSN (I think is his team's game?). 9PM EST

Lernout team loses and down 2-0 to Regina

Fucale sat as the back-up again.

Lehkonen had 2a +2 in 7gms of opening SHL series and Frolunda plays their 1st semi-final game today.

McCarron's game is on Sportsnet again today, 8PM EST

I started listening to Schrbak's game but was 4-0 Spokane quickly in 1st period, he managed 1a in loss.

Bozon plays 2nd game, I expect he and his sidekick Reinhart will create some offense today.

How soon will he likely suit up?

It depends on how much they want to see him. If they want him playing regularly, he'll play one of the two this week. If they just want him to practice for a bit to try to adjust a little first, then sometime next week. I'm hoping he plays sooner than later myself; we've seen what the likes of Shea and Makowski can do, time to give him a chance.

I watched Lernout game, SC only had 5 d-men so he played a ton, but he simply does not seem "great" in his own end. And also seemed exhausted on OT winner, vs a smaller faster Pats team.

They showed a clip of Regina goals and #4 seemed on for every one of them, but most times he had his man, so maybe is just that only he and Heatherington are the only 2 good d-men on team?

Fucale got to play after Quebec starter gave up 4 goals and he gave up 2 on 19 shots.

Gregoire led the way 1st star of game and 3-0 lead in series, 2g 1a +2.

Bozon put on quite a show as 1st star in a loss, 2g 4a +4.

Bozon down 5-1 in 2nd and will be down 3 games to 1 in series with almost certain loss. So he may be just 1 more loss from Hamilton?

SC goalie let in couple (make it 3-0) softies, so Lernout may be headed to Hamilton tonight? :blush:

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker