Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Don't know where to put this-- Erie Otters have apparently filed for bankruptcy?--- Do they fold immediately and concede giving the Knights a bye? How does this affect the rest of league?

It won't affect their series with London. The Chapter 11 filing is just to protect themselves against the lawsuit from Darryl Katz stemming from a loan/some sort of agreement a few years back when Erie's owner was supposedly set to sell the team to Katz (who was going to put it in Hamilton apparently). Bassin will sell the team at some point in the near future - whether that's to Katz or someone else remains to be seen but it won't affect the on-ice product for the playoffs.

The lil Finn got knocked out today, chance he will try Hamilton or do they have some other hockey to play over there..Champions league?

The lil Finn got knocked out today, chance he will try Hamilton or do they have some other hockey to play over there..Champions league?

I think Champions League play is done but I don't follow it too closely. I'd like to see him get a chance. I doubt they will bring him over though as I could see his club team balking (since Lehkonen is under contract next year).

I would like to see MB scoop somebody up out of the frozen four--- anything left?

The Habs have had someone on North Dakota for six years in a row now so they're more than familiar with that program. The problem is most of their guys are drafted.

As for other guys, Ahti Oksanen was on my wish list last year. He can play defence or up front with good size. Evan Rodrigues is another on BU who will get a look. He was Eichel's linemate and racked up a ton of points. And, of course, O'Connor's out there still as well. I'm not as familiar with the other two teams that were in the final four.

6 minutes into 2nd round, Gregoire gets his 4th g and BC up 1-0.

Fucale staked to 3-0 lead in 1st. Nice to see he was picked to start 2nd round.

Scherbak (2nd) backhand top shelf shot to tie game 2-2 in 2nd! :thumbs_up:

(Scherbak (3rd) 5 minutes later, tipped in a point shot)

Everett loses in 2OT, Scherbak is 1st star.

Mark MacMillan gets his entry-level deal. Given his injury, I thought they'd have waited to check on the status of his recovery. Oh well, I'm glad he's signed anyways.

Don't worry. He is probably recovering very well.

Not likely in the fall, but maybe after a couple months of games as a pro in St. John's, at least see if he can skate with pros and make any impact at AHL level first.

I have my doubts that he will ever be a NHL regular.

More excited/curious to see how Tinordi, Hudon, Gregoire, Bozon, Scherbak look in the fall.

Don's never been on the McCarron wagon, and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess he's gotta watch him in action several times to appreciate the big guy. But, he does have a valid point about St John's/Pro level

Not likely in the fall, but maybe after a couple months of games as a pro in St. John's, at least see if he can skate with pros and make any impact at AHL level first.

I'd agree with this. All along, the Habs have talked up McCarron as a long-term project. One good year in juniors probably doesn't change that much. In a perfect world, I think they'd want him with the IceCaps for most of next year at least.

It sure would be a big surprise if he made the team next fall, and I don't expect that at all. What I meant is that we should have a better idea of where he stands in the organization. IMO he figures very high, as one of the very best prospects, close to the big league.

Why do I think that? I have seen him play a couple exhibition games, seen him at Brossard too, and got the feeling that he has what it takes to reach the next level. Next summer should also help him get in better shape to face bigger, more experienced players. I am very confident that once he will be playing with better teamates it won't be long before he will look even better. He is the kind of athlete who might benefit from performing at the highest level.

Don's never been on the McCarron wagon, and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess he's gotta watch him in action several times to appreciate the big guy. But, he does have a valid point about St John's/Pro level

Big guys typically lack adequate mobility/agility/foot speed to be impact player at next level (other than uber skilled elite top picks).

So do not get too excited about his upside, slim chance he will make an impact, at best he might get to be a Brian Boyle type, but doubtful.

Just because he is a bit bigger than a Tangradi/Rene Bourque/Pelly dosnt mean he will be a NHL power-forward.

True, true..but then again Lucic doesn't have the greatest take-off neither, but has decent top-end speed. I guess we'll see by this time next year. I agree completely though about the St John's learning pd

Sure, will be a rare Lucic or Subban taken in 2nd round who turn out great picks, but taking a guy who biggest aspiration is 'to be like Lucic' in the first round, instead of a skilled forward or solid d-man bugged me and still think was a mistake. (same as trading away a 2nd pick to move up and take a defensive d-man in Tinordi was a mistake).

Just my opinion thats all.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker