2011-12 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Bruins acting like fools again, but Refs are calling them on their bullshit this year. Guess Daddy isn't there to protect them anymore.

Chara kicked out, and Horton and Lucic in the box.

Good to hear

Just read an article, inside the nhl by Bucky Gleason from Buffalo News.com. Apparently ex Hab Craig Rivet has signed with Elmira of the ECHL.

Yeah I read an article on that a couple weeks ago, quite the drop eh?

Yeah I read an article on that a couple weeks ago, quite the drop eh?

I would be on the phone; he is got to be better than Callahan; not to mention he could mentor the young troups; not to mention he could fill bill of emergency call-up with a little bit of security built in. If we haven't burnt that bridge yet, I think it is a no brainer. We may even have to move some veteran help to make it fit.

I would be on the phone; he is got to be better than Callahan; not to mention he could mentor the young troups; not to mention he could fill bill of emergency call-up with a little bit of security built in. If we haven't burnt that bridge yet, I think it is a no brainer. We may even have to move some veteran help to make it fit.

Yeah, it would make sense for Hamilton over Callahan, but I would guess PG made an offer of some kind. He could have just wanted to stay near Buffalo with his family.

Thanx bbp. Unfortunely I am on dial-up and don't get the videos.

Reporter: "what do you know about Ovechkin?"

Bryzgalov: "He's Russian.... He wears #8... He signed a contract with Gillette..."

Reporter: "what do you know about Ovechkin?"

Bryzgalov: "He's Russian.... He wears #8... He signed a contract with Gillette..."

Don't forget the long pause :P ..... He's Russian...

So this is 2 games suspension

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/js1MyNjOwg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this is no suspension and a $2500 fine

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QhMQOLsEqR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yup it seems things are different in the NHL discipline room this year.... Stars don't get special treatment anymore.

What a load of crap.

I agree as well. Past offences are really taken into consideration, and this is Weber's first. If he does the same thing again, expect a harsher punishment.

Wow.... that was nice. It didn't even look like just a flailing goalie that got lucky. He saw that puck and reacted to it.

Yeah, haven't seen an Avs goalie with that kind of quickness since Roy. Aebi and Andy had flashes but I don't think either has the athleticism that Varly does. Really happy with him so far, just stinks we lost the game anyway.

My one worry was how he kept his legs in that awkward position after. Thought he was hurt for a bit.

The Oil scare me. By mid-season they could have grown and gelled enough to become a solid team. In two years they may very well be the cream of the crop.