2011-12 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Carolina's Mike Murphy makes history last night, as he is reportedly the first goalie to record a loss before allowing a single goal. Pulled for an extra attacker, Iginla's empty-netter proves to be the winner, and Murphy gets saddled with the loss despite stopping the 2 shots that he faced. :)

Anyone see Ovechkin's spear last night? Tried to make it look like his regular skating stride, but look closely and you can see him swing his arms just a little harder for the swipe at Neal's gonads. Ovie should probably be suspended and, realistically, Neal should be traded to Montreal for a 5th round pick for everything to work out properly.

Just sayin'.

Wait until they name the actual head coach. Darryl Sutter...yikes.

In terms of fixing their problems it would be a bad move. Sutter can be just as stifling to an offense as Murray was.

However Sutter himself isn't a bad coach. Awful, awful GM. But not a bad coach.

Price of doing business. The book is still out on Turris. Right now, seems like a steal for Phoenix. Down the road, that'll depend on Rundblad's development and who the Yotes pick with that selection. As well as, of course, how Turris turns out. I'm not convinced it was a bad deal, yet. Plenty of time for this to explode in the Yotes collective face.

It'd be really tough for this to blow up in the Yotes' face. Turris demanded a trade and was clearly going through the motions in his limited time with Phoenix this year. Plus, I'm sure he wasn't exactly a good presence in the locker room. The only way this can really blow up is if Turris really starts lighting up while Rundblad and the player selected with the pick turn into huge busts. It's not impossible, but Rundblad at his worst looks like a legit 3rd pairing guy so they'll almost assuredly get something of quality for a malcontent.

Santa was good to Ron Wilson as he announced via Twitter this morning that he has signed a contract extension. Leaf fans worldwide feel as if they just got lumps of coal in their stocking.

The leaf fans are lucky.. they got screwed for Christmas. :)

Not that into the winter classic this year (I gave up when Butthead turned it into a US only affair), but I put it on for a couple of minutes and I have to say, those vintaged NYR jerseys are rather nice. Philly looks ugly in that orange.

Not that into the winter classic this year (I gave up when Butthead turned it into a US only affair), but I put it on for a couple of minutes and I have to say, those vintaged NYR jerseys are rather nice. Philly looks ugly in that orange.

I don't know why it was so hyped this year... It turned into a media circus and I had no interest either.