Canadiens @ Jets GDT Worst GDT Ever

JMMR

Payback penalty for the non-call on Price and Weber shows why he belongs on the PP. Don't know why he isn't teamed with Subban.

anyone tell me why Gomez continues to get a free pass from Martin. Took a dumb penalty last game, no consequences. Took a dumb penalty tonight, luckily Pleks scored a beautiful SH goal!! But come on, i haven't seen anything different from Gomez this year, still also taking stupid penalties, yet he continues to get free passes from Martin, while as usual, AK46 played a good game against the leafs, gets called on an iffy penalty and was benched.

tonight, AK46 setup Maxpac nicely, yet he is saddled with Darche. Why not have Desharnais, centre MacPac and Ak46. I was hoping Gomez was going to be better, but it doesn't look like it.

In fairness Max Pac to Gomez to Gionta should have been a goal in the first period. If Gio doesn't miss an open net are we complaining about Gomez?

In fairness Max Pac to Gomez to Gionta should have been a goal in the first period. If Gio doesn't miss an open net are we complaining about Gomez?

Gomez's issue is that he is still making the predictable play when gaining the zone, still not driving to the net - did it for a few shifts and is still taking stupid soft penalties. It doesn't just affect him, he is also dragging MaxPac down. I don't MaxPac to go 4-5 games without a goal. This is a big year for him and he needs to get off to a good start. I really think having two big wingers on a line, like AK46 and MaxPac would make it tougher.

And MaxPac Scores!!!!! that was an important goal - and without any help from Gomer.

Plekanec 1st star wow.

Amazing goal by Moen

Great shot by Weber (why does Spacek have to be out for him to get PP time?)

As i said last year - he has incriminating photos of Martin.

Plekanec first star for sure he just had not had a bad shift.

Anyone know his FO percentage?

As i said last year - he has incriminating photos of Martin.

You and I both know the reason is that Martin loves the VETS.

Well, looks like we lost Cammy and will be getting Eller back next game - I got a feeling, we are going to see a lot of that again this year :bonk:

Plekanec first star for sure he just had not had a bad shift.

Anyone know his FO percentage?

You and I both know the reason is that Martin loves the VETS.

I know that, but i still think the incriminating photos sounds more rationale then blindly sticking with the vets :wall:

Yeah, fun game for us, and the Winnipeggers are so happy just to have a team I doubt the loss really hurts. So everyone's a winner!

Habs29, I've been as hard on Gomez as anyone, but he showed some zip in his game tonight. I prefer to see this as, in the main, a game for him to build on and hope that he rounds into form.

An important win for team confidence.

The young guns were great tonight on D, and if he can find confidence in his shot, that Weber could really help the PP. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong in my pessimism about the Habs's young defencemen.

The good news is that Price looks to be in mid-season form. If he keeps playing like that he ought to be a Vezina shoo-in, instead of being unjustly overlooked as he was last year. What a thoroughbred.

Getting the first goal seems to be instrumental in helping the Habs keep their head in the game. The difference in form tonight vs the last 40 mins in Toronto is like night and day.

The stock piling of injuries...wow...will this team ever catch a break?

I look forward to watching a full 60 mins free of injury.

HW 3 Stars are up on the site: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2606

Skimming through the statsheet, here's what caught my eye:

- The Habs had a total of 7 hits. Admittedly, I only saw half the game (I'll watch the rest on tape tomorrow) but that seems a little low.

- Desharnais was under 40% on the draw for the second straight game. It's too early to be worried but he was one of the more consistent faceoff guys last year. Engqvist was 6/9, much better than the 1/5 effort in his first game.

- The defence's ice time was pretty well balanced between the three 'rookies' (I'm including Weber who has yet to play a full NHL season). Weber and Diaz both played over 17 minutes, Emelin over 16.5. Nice to see everyone getting a pretty equal shot (Emelin saw very limited special teams time).

- 4 more blocks for Gorges, it's like he hasn't missed a beat out there.

- Subban played over 6 minutes shorthanded. That's a lot of PK time, pun surely intended. :P

First win of the season, break out the banana! :1banana:

• Upvote 1

Really good game overall. I was happy that Winnipeg scored on the delayed penalty call, I was convinced watching the game that they wouldn't stop giving the Jets PP's until they scored. Is Price playing this well already??? And Gorges? I thought Diaz showed a lot of improvement, especially in his own end, definitely worthy of being a project. Solid 6th man for sure. I though Emelin played really well, I'd like to see him play with Subban or Markov in a few months, then the hits can really fly! Moen, the new offensive star, haha. I almost spit out my beer seeing him do that spin move.

Everyone stepped up and played their hearts out. I can't believe we have 2 more injuries and Betts gets returned because of injury. Are we under some kind of curse or what?!

Carey Price is a beast, a monster, a rock and roll rodeo master. He may indeed be the best goalie in the NHL right now.