Palushaj recalled

dlbalr

The Habs have recalled Aaron Palushaj, presumably to replace Cammalleri in the lineup. This would lend some credence to the speculation that it's not a DTD injury for him. (We should get something more concrete tomorrow). Cap wise, as the recall was announced by the team after 5 PM, I'm treating it as if he won't count on the cap until tomorrow.

Yeah, Eller will play Thursday in all likelihood. One will take Cammalleri's spot, the other will get Weber's as he'll actually start as a defenceman. I just hope they don't waste Palushaj on the 4th line, if that's all they have planned for him, they'd have been better off using Blunden as an e-callup.

You're right. The fact that a defenseman was not recalled probably means that Spacek is a possibility for Saturday, at the latest. If he doesn't play Thursday, both Eller and Palushaj would play and Weber would be among the six defensemen. If Palushaj plays, I guess that Martin will start him on Plekanec's line. As for Eller, he'll start on the 4th line with Engqvist and Moen.

You're right. The fact that a defenseman was not recalled probably means that Spacek is a possibility for Saturday, at the latest. If he doesn't play Thursday, both Eller and Palushaj would play and Weber would be among the six defensemen. If Palushaj plays, I guess that Martin will start him on Plekanec's line. As for Eller, he'll start on the 4th line with Engqvist and Moen.

I'm betting Eller will centre the third line, Darche will be bumped to the fourth line and Desharnais will move to wing on the third. If this doesn't happen thursday, it will happen very soon. The only thing I see as a stumbling block here, is how quickly do they want Eller playing that role, or are they planning to ease him in.

Makes sense, Martin always keeps a winning lineup together as much as possible.

Moen will stay with Plekanec, because they produced last game.

The top 9 will largely stay intact.

One bad period though, and we'll see the shuffle.

Makes sense, Martin always keeps a winning lineup together as much as possible.

Moen will stay with Plekanec, because they produced last game.

The top 9 will largely stay intact.

One bad period though, and we'll see the shuffle.

You mean shift right ;)

• Upvote 1

Personally, I'd like to see Spacek sit out for a bit and give the ball to the young D who did so well last game. This is probably a bit reckless of me, though. ;)

Reaaly dosent seem to fit your pre-season comments at all, buti agree 100%, cept the reckless part.

Run with Weber. Diaz and Yemelin and although they are thin on d now, ol #6 and 79 should be back sometime this fall.

Offense will still be #1 weakness of Habs anyways, but Weber, Diaz and Subban all have good shots from point and are far better options than Hamrlik, Gorges or Spacek on the PP.

Still my only criticsm of the d-core is that they are very soft and could really use some grit with a "Mara type" player.

Reaaly dosent seem to fit your pre-season comments at all, buti agree 100%, cept the reckless part.

Run with Weber. Diaz and Yemelin and although they are thin on d now, ol #6 and 79 should be back sometime this fall.

Offense will still be #1 weakness of Habs anyways, but Weber, Diaz and Subban all have good shots from point and are far better options than Hamrlik, Gorges or Spacek on the PP.

Still my only criticsm of the d-core is that they are very soft and could really use some grit with a "Mara type" player.

I don't think it's a contradiction. Saying that our D is hugely questionable overall is not the same thing as saying that Spacek is necessarily better than Diaz, Weber, or Emelin. I didn't study him closely but my impression of Spacek's first game and a half was that he wasn't terribly impressive. Under those circumstances, why not cross your fingers on a youth movement back there, at least until one or more of the Three Young Men bombs out?

I think it will be Kostitsyn who jumps up to the Plekanec line with Cole.

Aaron may play with DD and who knows....

So far it looks like Palushaj on the 4th, Kostitsyn on the 3rd, Moen on the 1st. I just don't get it.

So far it looks like Palushaj on the 4th, Kostitsyn on the 3rd, Moen on the 1st. I just don't get it.

Well it's balanced. And plus Moen has 1g 1a so far in 2 games. Did you see him do that spin-o-rama!? He looked pretty awesome last game. If it doesn't work out then Kosty will move up. Palushaj will be worked in slowly, same with Eller. Seems like we've got 4 lines that can score. And for the first time in a long time the first line is HUGE with two big wingers. It's interesting.

It'll be an exciting home opener. As always the Habs require that first goal to energize the crowd and gain confidence.

Well it's balanced. And plus Moen has 1g 1a so far in 2 games. Did you see him do that spin-o-rama!? He looked pretty awesome last game. If it doesn't work out then Kosty will move up. Palushaj will be worked in slowly, same with Eller. Seems like we've got 4 lines that can score. And for the first time in a long time the first line is HUGE with two big wingers. It's interesting.

It'll be an exciting home opener. As always the Habs require that first goal to energize the crowd and gain confidence.

Moen did have a pretty goal but he's not a top 2 line player. Martin is the king of mismanaging his assets. Whats the point of calling up Palushaj if he is used in a grinding role? If he is going to play 4th line minutes then call up a 4th liner who can add an element we are missing and let Palushaj contionue to develop in the Hammer.

The way Martin handles his team just doesn't make sense to me. The entire hockey world sees that we are too small so he sends his big guys packing and inserts a number of guys 5'11 or smaller who play out of position.....why? It's soooo frustrating.

I don't know why yet I like JM. I hope the players do too. I like the defensive system. Play a strong defensive game and pounce on the opposition with speed on turnovers. The players are highly skilled to capitalize on those chances. Going all out on offense like the Washington a few years back would be great - if we had that kind of lineup - yet that style of play can be tiring for a team not equipped for it.

Maybe the only change I'd like to see is that when the Habs are up in a close game, to not collapse and hold on to the lead. Yet maybe that is just the result of the opposition playing well and pushing for that tying goal.

So yeah, instead of holding on to that one goal lead, attempt to get that 2 goal lead. It must be tough though, it is the NHL after all. All the teams are good teams and can win any night. Last year we lost some points in those close games by collapsing back in the D zone. There are probably many factors involved and my opinions are only as a spectator. During those important faceoffs in the D zone it is wise to have a few players that can win faceoffs.

• 3 weeks later...