Injury news

Commandant

20, I think that could be a bit hard to accomplish. I agree that for everyone's sake (not just management's but Markov's as well) that he needs to get into some games. I think 10 games is doable (I think he's out until the deadline), though the more the better if he can stay healthy.

20 was a ballpark number. Whatever he can do, 10, 15, whatever... he needs to do something.

No matter what, he's a question mark for next season.. but lets reduce the question slightly.

And if he gets injured again, at least you know... you write him off and stick the money on LTIR forever (like Marc Savard); and you can move on and try to get a number 1 d through other means and with extra 5.75 to spend.

Personally I think that we need to play Markov at least 20 games.

A player like Gionta, sure shut him down.

But Markov needs to play.

We quite simply can't go into July 1st with a 5.75 million dollar question mark of will he or won't he be able to play on our defence next season. Its far too limiting on the moves that need to be made.

I'd like Markov to play as well this season, IMO 10 games would be sufficient, to see how the knee holds up, but what i DON'T want is them to rush him back in, or Markov push to get back in this year. I'd much rather wait until next season, then have them push him to come back this year.

I'd like Markov to play as well this season, IMO 10 games would be sufficient, to see how the knee holds up, but what i DON'T want is them to rush him back in, or Markov push to get back in this year. I'd much rather wait until next season, then have them push him to come back this year.

I'm not saying rush him.

But the suggestion was "shut him down for the year, let hi get ready for next year."

I don't think thats wise.

For me, as soon as he's ready, not rushed, but as soon as he's ready I play him.

If I was in charge, I'd really want to know what he has.

I also realize he's not gonna play at a high level right away,, he won't be in game shape, but I want to know if he's even capable of playing.

I'm not saying rush him.

But the suggestion was "shut him down for the year, let hi get ready for next year."

I don't think thats wise.

For me, as soon as he's ready, not rushed, but as soon as he's ready I play him.

we are on the same page. If nothing else, if he comes back and plays well, it should shut some people up and not be as much of a distraction.

we are on the same page. If nothing else, if he comes back and plays well, it should shut some people up and not be as much of a distraction.

I just want to see him play, take hits etc... Show me that he's physically capable of playing.

I doubt over 10 games he can even play well... he's got a lot of rust to work off ,and he's not in game shape. I don't expect him to be very sharp.

I just want to see him play, take hits etc... Show me that he's physically capable of playing.

I doubt over 10 games he can even play well... he's got a lot of rust to work off ,and he's not in game shape. I don't expect him to be very sharp.

it doesn't really matter if he doesn't play all that well - its not like he is going to be trying to get ready for the playoffs or even help us to get in the playoffs. It's more about seeing how the knee holds up and if he is whole again. I think he'll be back and it will be nice to shut up the critics and start 2012-13 without the distraction on whether he is ready or not.

Gomez - Plekanec - Blunden.

What a line.

Whats their role haha..

Pleks is two way, blunden hits and Gomez... well... moves around? kinda? When he feels like it :P

Whats their role haha..

Pleks is two way, blunden hits and Gomez... well... moves around? kinda? When he feels like it :P

His role is to boost the dangerously low Alaskan content on that line.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather see him hang'em up and use that cap money to acquire a stud D-man or a couple of bruisers.

I'd rather see him hang'em up and use that cap money to acquire a stud D-man or a couple of bruisers.

He'd never do that though. If he stays unretired, he collects his money through insurance until he plays. If he retires, he doesn't get that.

On top of that.. what guarantee do you have of even acquiring that stud D.

Stud Ds cost a ton in a trade.

Or if we are talking a UFA like Suter.... he'll be highly sought after. Like Brad Richards who was alway going to NewYork there is no guarantee that he hasn't already made up his mind and we'll even get a chance.

Its fun to play fantasy GM, but just having freed up money might not be enough to get a D better than Markov.

Any idea out there when we should expect Ryan White to be fit for play?

Oups! I did not see that the previous post was asking the same question... It makes two of us wondering when the young stud will be available.