Injury news

Commandant

How long is this team going to be continuously decimated by injuries. It's getting to be ridiculous. it seems since around the late 90's/early 2000 period, we just have had a consistnet run of reall bad injuries - some of those gruesome and some just on nothing plays.

I know all teams have injuries, but if you look at the lost games the habs have for injuries, every couple of years, its getting to be ridiculous.

Dirty hit by Kunitz, looked bad on the knee.

We got to start moving the UFA's before the deadline before they all get hurt.

Agreed, in fact I have said the same. For some reason they seem to think they are in playoff mode. Wonder how many soldiers go down before we do something. PG get the train on the tracks and get moving.

We got to start moving the UFA's before the deadline before they all get hurt.

And even then, I'm 100% sure that some will come up with "PG should have waited closer to deadline and try to create a bidding war".

And even then, I'm 100% sure that some will come up with "PG should have waited closer to deadline and try to create a bidding war".

You can never please this fan base.

Which includes so many who are not actually fans but just want to cause shit.

How long is this team going to be continuously decimated by injuries. It's getting to be ridiculous. it seems since around the late 90's/early 2000 period, we just have had a consistnet run of reall bad injuries - some of those gruesome and some just on nothing plays.

I know all teams have injuries, but if you look at the lost games the habs have for injuries, every couple of years, its getting to be ridiculous.

I know,what a surprise that 5'10 creampuff dman gets hurt. Undersized,old and fragile players get hurt in this sport.

• Upvote 1

Why would you defend PG ? Would you do that in public ? We've gone from final four to bottom four in two short years. This roster that he and BG built sucks. Anyone that knows anything about hockey knew that in September.

You can never please this fan base.

Which includes so many who are not actually fans but just want to cause shit.

What kind of post is this? As a mod.,do you read your own? Tell me please what is there to be pleased about what PG has done here? Unless you think a 1st rd k.o followed by as missed playoff season is anything to be happy about. Sounds like the Shit disturbers are the ones defending this management. Real fans want to see this team CONTEND. The fanboys are the ones who settle for mediocrity and just like to watch Carey,Lars and P.K

What kind of post is this? As a mod.,do you read your own? Tell me please what is there to be pleased about what PG has done here? Unless you think a 1st rd k.o followed by as missed playoff season is anything to be happy about. Sounds like the Shit disturbers are the ones defending this management. Real fans want to see this team CONTEND. The fanboys are the ones who settle for mediocrity and just like to watch Carey,Lars and P.K

This post means there are a loud few, fans/media who will never be pleased with this team for many reasons.

1. They need something in their life to be negative

2. Want them team to be at least 90% french and believe the Habs actually do not want to have a french superstar

3. Believe the coach and management team need to all speak french

4. Want young players who do not become the best players in the league by age 22-24 run out of town.

Yes real fans want a winner and want the best GM hired no matter his language or background same for coach and same for players.

All fans should ever want is a cup no matter how they win it.

• Upvote 1

This post means there are a loud few, fans/media who will never be pleased with this team for many reasons.

1. They need something in their life to be negative

2. Want them team to be at least 90% french and believe the Habs actually do not want to have a french superstar

3. Believe the coach and management team need to all speak french

4. Want young players who do not become the best players in the league by age 22-24 run out of town.

Yes real fans want a winner and want the best GM hired no matter his language or background same for coach and same for players.

All fans should ever want is a cup no matter how they win it.

I for one was very pleased with the 07-08 season,and the off-season acquisitions that followed. And was pleasantly shocked and ecstatic about our ECF appearance.I thin k the last two season have been a downward spiral and not much to be pleased about. And on your flip side,I have never seen a management in any sport get defended by it's base like this one. And I am a big 3 sport fan (not NBA though).

Weber will not make the road trip to either long island or toronto... but is listed as day to day.

So now what....The 8 D comes to fruition or are we going to see White in the line-up?

So now what....The 8 D comes to fruition or are we going to see White in the line-up?

Weber being hurt doesn't change our 7D structure, he was one of the 7.

Still got 11 forwards

Darche, Plekanec, Moen, Cole, DD, Pacioretty, Bourque, Gomez, Kostitsyn, Elller & Leblanc

Blunden out 4-6 weeks.

And Elias comes off Scott free of course.

For what it's worth, Elias was fined the maximum amount as a first-time offender.

I think their plan for White is to play the 3-in-3 that the Bulldogs will kick off on Friday (at least 2/3 games). If they have to pull someone up (they should have 11 and 7 still available), Engqvist or Palushaj would get the nod I would think.

I for one was very pleased with the 07-08 season,and the off-season acquisitions that followed. And was pleasantly shocked and ecstatic about our ECF appearance.I thin k the last two season have been a downward spiral and not much to be pleased about. And on your flip side,I have never seen a management in any sport get defended by it's base like this one. And I am a big 3 sport fan (not NBA though).

I don't see what you're seeing. In fact, most here wouldn't care if Pierre Gauthier was replaced this summer, they'd probably welcome it. What I see is people using common sense and logic, trying go evaluate the moves the management has made. It's better that screaming player X sucks, and player Y blows. And on a personal note, I'll be 41 soon, and have fond memories of Bob Gainey as a player described by the Russians as the best in the world. In hindsight, all that spending in the summer of 2009 may not have worked out. But I get defensive when people start ripping him from their basement.
  • Upvote 1

The 2009 spree yielded a good, competitive team until this season, when things fell apart for reasons having to do with the Markov injury, an idiotic player rebellion, bad luck, and some panicky GMing. I think Bob left a solid, if imperfect, foundation when he departed. Even Gomez didn't tank until a year later for heaven's sake.

As for lafrous's argument, well, like Habsy I don't see a whole ton of Gauthier-lovers on this board. The issue seems to be that many of those who want Gauthier fired - including me - are also prepared to grant that a number of his individual moves have been good. My own view is that his moves can be defended when taken in isolation but his overall pattern this year has been panicky and incoherent, and that it's time to hire a strong hand who can set a new direction for the club. Lafrous seems to feel that if you defend any of Gauthier's moves you're a 'Gauthier lover.' It's a reductionist argument that ignores the simple fact that things are complicated, and don't have to be crammed into simple FOR and AGAINST absolutes. I'm for some of Gauthier's moves, but I'm against Gauthier's overall performance. There's no contradiction there. And it hardly makes me a 'Gauthier lover.'

I don't see what you're seeing. In fact, most here wouldn't care if Pierre Gauthier was replaced this summer, they'd probably welcome it. What I see is people using common sense and logic, trying go evaluate the moves the management has made. It's better that screaming player X sucks, and player Y blows. And on a personal note, I'll be 41 soon, and have fond memories of Bob Gainey as a player described by the Russians as the best in the world. In hindsight, all that spending in the summer of 2009 may not have worked out. But I get defensive when people start ripping him from their basement.

A player described by A Russian Coach as best player in the world. I couldn't have disagreed more(Lafleur,Robinson,Dryden for starters),but that doesn't matter. I admired BG the player. I can't stand BG the GM and what he did for this ONCE proud franchise.

And not for just some of his transactions. He screwed Carbo,Koivu,Robinson and Lemaire for starters. And put himself and his ego in front of the team with the Price fiasco starting in 08 at that trading deadline.I also never understood why he didn't acquire any players that played like him.I don't like any of PGs moves,other than the Cole signing. And considering how bad the defense and the rest of the team is ,that was a signing for a contender. Diaz,Campoli,Kaberle? Really ?

What exactly was wrong with the Diaz signing? It cost them nothing, they get a controllable player for 3 years (this year + 2 RFA) and he's been a decent regular for a rookie. He may amount to something more, he may just be a depth guy. The fact he's an NHL'er makes it at worst a decent move.

Campoli was a last second signing - he isn't the greatest but after learning that Markov was out longer than intended from the doctors, he was the best D left on the market (McCabe didn't want to leave the Florida area while Stralman/Lebda are below average depth guys).

Kaberle, he has been better than Spacek. It remains to be seen how detrimental his contract could be over the next couple of years but it's too early to call that a loss I'd say. As I noted in my article on the site, I think he has helped his value a bit compared to the negative value he had with the 'Canes.

Back on topic, Diaz hasn't been a healthy scratch as we suspected but rather he has been out with the flu.

• Upvote 1

What exactly was wrong with the Diaz signing? It cost them nothing, they get a controllable player for 3 years (this year + 2 RFA) and he's been a decent regular for a rookie. He may amount to something more, he may just be a depth guy. The fact he's an NHL'er makes it at worst a decent move.

Campoli was a last second signing - he isn't the greatest but after learning that Markov was out longer than intended from the doctors, he was the best D left on the market (McCabe didn't want to leave the Florida area while Stralman/Lebda are below average depth guys).

Kaberle, he has been better than Spacek. It remains to be seen how detrimental his contract could be over the next couple of years but it's too early to call that a loss I'd say. As I noted in my article on the site, I think he has helped his value a bit compared to the negative value he had with the 'Canes.

Back on topic, Diaz hasn't been a healthy scratch as we suspected but rather he has been out with the flu.

I think Diaz is scared to get hit,playing hot potato at the approach of an oncoming forward. A player of his style was the last thing this historically soft defense needed. Kaberle is NOT better than Spacek. He was brought in to revive the PP,and at a coast of $8.5m of cap strangulation over two years.He doesn't even shoot the friggin puck ! How did that work. I don't care about his assists/gm. He's a DEFENSEMAN and is soft and awful at that aspect of it. Campoli: you got to be joking,right?Unsigned a week before the season.Another example of PG/BG AND JM thinking they were smarter than every other team. There were plenty of UFAs we could have grabbed on the cheap this summer that were needed(Vandermeer/O'Brien)Instead of those creampuffs.

I think Diaz is scared to get hit,playing hot potato at the approach of an oncoming forward. A player of his style was the last thing this historically soft defense needed. Kaberle is NOT better than Spacek. He was brought in to revive the PP,and at a coast of $8.5m of cap strangulation over two years.He doesn't even shoot the friggin puck ! How did that work. I don't care about his assists/gm. He's a DEFENSEMAN and is soft and awful at that aspect of it. Campoli: you got to be joking,right?Unsigned a week before the season.Another example of PG/BG AND JM thinking they were smarter than every other team. There were plenty of UFAs we could have grabbed on the cheap this summer that were needed(Vandermeer/O'Brien)Instead of those creampuffs.

Campoli was signed solely because of Markov's situation which was known in September, well after the defencemen you listed were plucked. If there's blame to lay here, some of it has to go to the doctors who in July were touting Markov was on schedule for an early season return. Not all of it, but some.

We'll disagree on Kaberle who to me without question has been better than Spacek. I will grant you that the cap hit beyond this year could be problematic, we'll have to see what happens there.

Diaz isn't the most physical but he's a decent skater and is willing to block shots. For the cost of nothing, that simply can't be a bad acquisition. At 25, there is still room to improve too.

When Campoli was signed people were of the opinion that Diaz would be going to the AHL when people got healthy, he played his way into staying with the club, then Campoli got injured. If Diaz hadn't played at a NHL level then we would have been down to PK as a puck moving defencemen because Spacek didn't really qualify and we no Gill, Gorges and Emelin are primarily defensive and Weber is really a shooter. Under those circumstances the Campoli signing makes perfect sense. We didn't anticipate Campoli dying in his first game or Markov not coming back (as Brian pointed out... blame the doctors there) and then playing terrible after the injury.

Now Kaberle has played better then Spacek, myself I didn't feel any safer having Spacek out there the Kaberle, he was having bad turnovers all over the place and I never felt at ease when he was on the ice. While I am not a big fan of Kaberle he has been better then Spacek and if it wasn't for the length of the contract I would actually be a fan of the trade despite my natural dislike for Kaberle based on his history.