Injury news

Commandant

Or they plan to add Blake Geoffrion, which you didn't know at the time ;)

Nope. Weber's back tonight, he'll take Gill's spot in the lineup, Campoli also will dress.

Speaking of tonight, there's no GDT yet, anyone want to tackle it? I'm going to have enough on my plate with the trade.

7 dmen again ? sigh

Get over it. Smart teams do it. We are not in the state we are in because the fourth line winger happens to be a defenseman. We are in the state we are in because the TOP lines haven't been putting out as well as some top defenseman.

Get over it. Smart teams do it. We are not in the state we are in because the fourth line winger happens to be a defenseman. We are in the state we are in because the TOP lines haven't been putting out as well as some top defenseman.

How many top teams are playing 7 dmen ? I know PG/BG think they're smarter than everyone else,but they're not.The results over the last 7 years prove that. Other than PK who is a top d-man not putting out ? Diaz? Kabby ? Campoli? I can't debate you about this ,if you don't realize how important it is to have a 4th line that can give you 10+ effective minutes a night. Our top line has been excellent all year.

How many top teams are playing 7 dmen ? I know PG/BG think they're smarter than everyone else,but they're not.The results over the last 7 years prove that. Other than PK who is a top d-man not putting out ? Diaz? Kabby ? Campoli? I can't debate you about this ,if you don't realize how important it is to have a 4th line that can give you 10+ effective minutes a night. Our top line has been excellent all year.

Our PP is dead last so that tells me our TOP people are not putting out, whether it be defense or offense. It isn't the fourth line guys that are expected to carry the team. You overate your forth line guys.

According to the AHL, Louis Leblanc was very quietly sent down after yesterday's game, suggesting Nokelainen is ready to go tomorrow. The Habs are saying Leblanc isn't practicing and is taking a therapy day. Interesting.

Yeah that seems a little over stealthy for a roster drop haha

Andrei Markov skated after his teammates left the ice in Brossard.

Randy Cunneyworth said his defenceman is progressing “more quickly” and a return to action is foreseeable “on the horizon.”

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/multimedia-from-canadiens-saturday-practice

Andrei Markov skated after his teammates left the ice in Brossard.

Randy Cunneyworth said his defenceman is progressing “more quickly” and a return to action is foreseeable “on the horizon.”

http://www.hockeyins...turday-practice

If he is progressing, it probably means that the knee is healthy, at last. We will see him in early March. I cross my fingers -- if the guy can play, who knows? we might have a real chance to make the playoffs.

If he is progressing, it probably means that the knee is healthy, at last. We will see him in early March. I cross my fingers -- if the guy can play, who knows? we might have a real chance to make the playoffs.

haha watch markov come back and we win all our games in march :P

Totally not going to happen, theres no way he would be in game shape after taking 2 years off for rehabilitation.

haha watch markov come back and we win all our games in march :P

Totally not going to happen, theres no way he would be in game shape after taking 2 years off for rehabilitation.

Yup, people have unrealistic expectations. I imagine Markov being eased in for 1-2 games, then having 2-3 really strong games, then regressing big time as reality hits. Everyone will start to panic or else dismiss him as permanently damaged goods. Then he will either suffer yet another injury, or end the season on a sour note, leading to handwringing all summer long. :crazy: Final prediction: he will gradually recover his form next season, leading to excitement throughout habsland, before being derailed by injury yet again.

Does that mean he will be in play by Monday? Hopefully we will get Blunden, Nokelainen back too giving us more bodies to consider.

As long as the injury is near healing, there would be teams still interested in him. Blunden is another 3-4 weeks away at the least although Nokelainen's month long DTD injury is nearing an end.

Markov is accompanying the team to FLA and should be practicing (no-contact) with the team by the week's end.

Remember the last time he went south. (Late november)

Ahhh

When will he play

Markov is accompanying the team to FLA and should be practicing (no-contact) with the team by the week's end.

Chances are he's on the plane simply to meet the doctor in Florida....nothing more.