Injury news

Commandant

This is the injury thread isn't it? Anyway I have on good authority that Nokelainen practised this morning with the boys. I expect him on that plane to Washington. HF boards has Geoffrion called up as does Dlbair on another thread. I am just wondering if he flew to Washington or Montreal and did he catch the team plane?

This is the injury thread isn't it? Anyway I have on good authority that Nokelainen practised this morning with the boys. I expect him on that plane to Washington. HF boards has Geoffrion called up as does Dlbair on another thread. I am just wondering if he flew to Washington or Montreal and did he catch the team plane?

Doesn't seem like he was recalled for now. Nokelainen did travel with the team but I'd have to presume his status is still uncertain for tomorrow right now.

Is it just me or since the 4 game winning streak Eller hasn't been himself?

Basically since Gomez started eating more minutes Eller has not been the same. Chicken/Egg scenario but PK plays better when he is at 25 mins plus, Darche plays well with 20, Pleks plays better when he is at the 22-23 minutes. I think it's why I would go with 3 stacked lines and then a 5-6 min 4th.

One or two weeks at the most before he comes back. Too bad it will be too late to make a difference.

But it will be good to see how he has recovered and to what degree his skill has regressed if at all

• Upvote 1

But it will be good to see how he has recovered and to what degree his skill has regressed if at all

Be very hard to tell much, in the 10 practice games he might get in, But will be nice to see him back for sure.

i still hate the interm tag on Cunningworth, just keeps reminding me how Mickey Mouse this organization has been this year.

That has been Gauthier's biggest mistake IMO. If he was to fire Martin (which was another mistake), he had to hire a replacement and give him full responsibility. Tagging the guy as «interim» was telling all the people,including the players, that he might not be there for long. It doesn't make sense.

Per Yahoo

Montreal interim head coach Randy Cunneyworth said Markov is nearing the point when he's cleared for contact, the Montreal Gazette reports.

Next week. We'll see him next week.

Tagging him as interim was fine, as long as it was known this was an audition for the full time job.

The moment Molson sent out the press release that being bilingual will be an important consideration for our next full-time coach, and Pierre apologizing for hiring him, Cunneyworth was sunk.

• Upvote 1

No Palushaj and Gomez for tomorrow so expect a callup or two (with 10 healthy forwards, they could call a pair up as emergency recalls and not touch their limit of 4 regular recalls). My guess is that it'll be between Leblanc, Schultz, or Engqvist.