Injury news

Commandant

Markov dressed for full contact; says that he will play this season.

His only game will be the last of the season against the Leafs... Markov scores 2, assists on 3 on the PP.

Then Komisarek hits him in the last minute of the 3rd, and Markov's leg comes completely off his torso. Gauthier estimates he'll be ready for next season.

Book it.

• Upvote 1

His only game will be the last of the season against the Leafs... Markov scores 2, assists on 3 on the PP.

Then Komisarek hits him in the last minute of the 3rd, and Markov's leg comes completely off his torso. Gauthier estimates he'll be ready for next season.

Book it.

So Markov would yet again be making Komi look like a competent defender?

• Upvote 2

Only thing that really scares me about Markov coming back is the Habs winning a bunch of games with him.

I hope he only plays the last 4 or 5 at this point or very limited minutes.

Only thing that really scares me about Markov coming back is the Habs winning a bunch of games with him.

I hope he only plays the last 4 or 5 at this point or very limited minutes.

We should solidify a top 3 spot on the annual Western Canada trip. Gotta think Markov is 1-2 weeks away from playing and longer from being effective too.

Hope they start Budaj a little more too

• Upvote 1

I hate the word tanking. It is overused in the sense of the Montreal Canadiens. I am not in the camp of we are 28th overall so we must be tanking. No, we are 28th overall because we are that bad. If it walks and talks like a duck, it is a duck. I hope to see Markov soon to get a sense of where he is at for next year. I am focussed on next year on our selection in next years draft will be authored by our play for the rest of the year.

Book it.

hahaha that is his luck. good one

Little tidbit on Moen that I found in my hockey pool just now...

LW Travis Moen has missed 14 games with an upper-body injury and the Canadiens say he will be out "for a while longer." It's a recurrence of the same injury that forced him to miss five games from Jan. 25 to Feb. 5.

(Yahoo! Sports)

That's the first time I've seen anything remotely close to definitive on Moen for a while now.

Wow so he was untradeable really.

Too bad.

I wonder if he plays again this year and if the Habs have any interest in signing him

If he's still injured this summer, and Gauthier is in charge, expect a raise in pay for Moen.