Injury news

Commandant

Good news: Diaz is skating in the pregame skate this morning (not sure if he has a non-contact jersey or not though). Either way, that's a good sign.

Bad news: Prust (upper body injury - also known as a shoulder issue from last game) is expected to miss tonight's game.

Diaz is paired with Gorges in the morning skate. Not to be over optimistic but I can't remember seeing a defenseman that isn't playing being paired with one that is as of yet. Signs are pointing to he will be playing.

Just gonna add this anyway; I could be wrong, and this is my opinion, nothing other than the report he's paired with Gorges in the pre-game skate has said he is playing tonight.

Diaz is paired with Gorges in the morning skate. Not to be over optimistic but I can't remember seeing a defenseman that isn't playing being paired with one that is as of yet. Signs are pointing to he will be playing.

Just gonna add this anyway; I could be wrong, and this is my opinion, nothing other than the report he's paired with Gorges in the pre-game skate has said he is playing tonight.

It's his first full skate, I doubt he'll be playing tonight. If I were guessing, I'd say Thursday would be the earliest if all goes well.

MT is saying Prust is not missing tonight's game due to injury, it's a luxury of locking up a playoff spot early, we can give players nights off to be as healthy as possible.

Sound more like he has a playable injury, but no need to take chances at this point.

Getting Diaz back is a potentially huge boost for the playoffs - provided he picks up where he left off. :thumbs_up:

And if he picks up where he left off, it would be nice to start resting some defensemen not named Diaz and Subban.

Prust - shoulder - DTD - possible for Saturday.

Diaz - concussion - "good chance" Diaz will play Saturday per Brian Wilde & La Presse.

Armstrong - knee - IR - back on the ice Apr. 18, will play this weekend

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201304/19/01-4642635-le-ch-verra-sil-est-sorti-du-bois-contre-sa-bete-noire.php

Le Canadien, qui va compléter une séquence de cinq matchs en huit soirs, pourrait accueillir des forces fraîches, en Raphaël Diaz et Colby Armstrong.

Déjà, l'entraîneur Michel Therrien a confirmé le retour dans la formation de Brandon Prust. L'ailier a été laissé de côté deux fois cette semaine, afin de ménager son épaule gauche endolorie.

Le défenseur Diaz, victime d'une commotion cérébrale le 25 février, pourrait renouer avec l'action après une absence de 26 rencontres.

L'attaquant Armstrong, lui, qui s'est blessé à une jambe le 1er avril, a failli revenir au jeu jeudi. Il a raté neuf matchs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGLISH VIA GOOGLE TRANSLATE

The Canadian, who will complete a sequence of five games in eight nights, could accommodate fresh forces, Raphael Diaz and Colby Armstrong.

Already, coach Michel Therrien confirmed back in training Brandon Prust. The winger was left out twice this week to spare his sore left shoulder.

The defender Diaz, who suffered a concussion on Feb. 25, could return to action after an absence of 26 games.

The attacker Armstrong himself, who injured his leg on April 1, almost back to the game Thursday. He missed nine games.

I don't know if Diaz should be thought of as a 'stabilizer.' But there is no question he will help the transition game and the offence, IF he picks up where he left off. Which is a big 'if,' incidentally.

Not sure if Markov-Diaz is a pairing we want. Diaz is just getting back and Markov is looking slack defensively lately.

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Drewiske

Diaz - Boullion

Maybe? Give Markov a stay at home guy, like Emelin was.

I think what Markov is really missing is the speed. He needs a partner who can race back and get the puck first... who can cover a lot of ice and be mobile, Diaz brings that.

Markov still has the smarts and the passing, but he's lost a step.

• Upvote 1

I think what Markov is really missing is the speed. He needs a partner who can race back and get the puck first... who can cover a lot of ice and be mobile, Diaz brings that.

Markov still has the smarts and the passing, but he's lost a step.

Yep, no question about it. He just doesn't have the first step he used to have - there is zero explosiveness at all to his skating. You may have a point about Diaz complementing him in that sense.

• Upvote 1