Injury news

Commandant

Ah, OK. I sort of get it.

I guess guys like Leblanc and Andrighetto would have been more expensive, but would we have actually called them up? Holland and Blunden seem like the most sensible options anyways.

Leblanc has no points and got demoted to the fourth line last game according to some. That's why he isn't being called up.

What worries me is whether the driving force for the trade were character concerns about a kid in college and Thomas's bloodlines. The fact that Thomas is younger is really not an advantage IMO since Kristo chose the USA college route. The kid can skate and score.

Bloodlines is likely a positive isn't it?

And being a 21 year old 2nd year old pro, who had a good -19 goal 1st year, should be considered a head start over a 23 year old 1st year pro (who has only ever played 40 games/year)?

Don't know if character was an factor or not; but, shouldn't it be a consideration?

Bloodlines is why we took Chiounard over Gagne.

I'd give a pass to a college kid. We have given up on you many kids because if character issues only to see them grow up and succeed elsewhere.

Bloodlines is likely a positive isn't it?

And being a 21 year old 2nd year old pro, who had a good -19 goal 1st year, should be considered a head start over a 23 year old 1st year pro (who has only ever played 40 games/year)?

Don't know if character was an factor or not; but, shouldn't it be a consideration?

Why was Beaulieu called up?

Is he switching up with Tinordi for a game or 2 this week?

8 minutes/game is maybe 1/3 of ice they would get in AHL and more suited for a Murray, how soon is the big Swede gonna be ready?

We have given up on you many kids because if character issues only to see them grow up and succeed elsewhere.

The only one that hurt for me was Ribeiro and maybe Hainsey. Sergei Kostitsyn hardly succeeded. He was run out of Nashville for the same thing we traded him for. Lots of teams trade lots of young players for character issues. Probably the best known was Hartford giving up early on Chris Pronger.

Well, I've long found it frustrating when team give up on young guys due to "character." I think this is part of an old-school, sink-or-swim mentality that predates a cap system. In the modern era, teams should be deeply committed to mentoring young players, not just as hockey players but as young men learning to run a career as millionaires in the public eye: to turn them into more capable professionals rather than seeing a young man's "character" as immutable. This commitment to relentlessly patient mentoring won't always work, but even if it works only half the time, you've maxed out 50% more of your affordable assets than would have been the case under a regime like Gainey's, which - although I remain a qualified supporter of the Gainey administration - seemed to have had no idea how to handle the kids.

The club has done a lot to better to manage the prospect system. That's why guys like Patrice Brisebois were brought in.

Kristo seemed to be another case of letting a youngster go without seeing him in the AHL system but there had to be something negative said about him that the team felt they couldn't manage.

I'm worried about Prust. I foresee him coming back without a properly-healed shoulder, at which point another injury is likely.

Well he is out for a month so if he does indeed stay out that long we can hope he is fully healed.

He needs to settle down with the crashing into the boards and turning his back on hits to draw penalties.

Well he is out for a month so if he does indeed stay out that long we can hope he is fully healed.

He needs to settle down with the crashing into the boards and turning his back on hits to draw penalties.

Yeah that crashing into the boards is not a good thing best to avoid that. :)

Since Pateryn, Beaulieu and Holland were sent down today, does that mean Murray and Parros are close to returning?

I'd like to see Leblanc called up, he's been on a tear in Hamilton.

I hope he will be out for a few games. I'd like to give the kids more of a chance. I wish Bouillon was out as well. I'd be happy if both of these guys were only playing 10 min a game, but MT over uses both.

Moen's a no-go for tomorrow. Holland is still with the team (I don't know if they're rescinding his demotion or not) and will play tomorrow. I think Murray may play in New York though.

Even with Holland, still need fill in for Moan don't they? Leblanc/Dumont most likely candidates eh?

I didn't think Murray even has had contact in practice yet?

I can't see how anyone would want Moen out right now. He has played a lot better than last year and it's not ideal to throw rookies out there regularly on the penalty kill.

Some seem to think Parros may be back tomorrow, he'd take Moen's spot if that's the case. Murray I think was green lighted for contact Friday or Saturday. I'm sure they'll still bring back one of Pateryn or Beaulieu later tonight at any rate.

• Upvote 1

I've got no issues with Moen's or Bouillon's play this year. I do have a problem with how much the are being used and the situations thEy are being used in by MT. I don't see that changing unless they aren't available.0

I can't see how anyone would want Moen out right now. He has played a lot better than last year and it's not ideal to throw rookies out there regularly on the penalty kill.

Some seem to think Parros may be back tomorrow, he'd take Moen's spot if that's the case. Murray I think was green lighted for contact Friday or Saturday. I'm sure they'll still bring back one of Pateryn or Beaulieu later tonight at any rate.

Guest Stogey24

I hope he will be out for a few games. I'd like to give the kids more of a chance. I wish Bouillon was out as well. I'd be happy if both of these guys were only playing 10 min a game, but MT over uses both.

Moen has upped his game this year. He's also the biggest grinder we have in the line up. We need him around. If any roster spot opens up it should be from Beaulieu going back to Hamilton. He's still not ready. This is the case for basically the entire Bulldog's roster.

I've got no issues with Moen's or Bouillon's play this year. I do have a problem with how much the are being used and the situations thEy are being used in by MT. I don't see that changing unless they aren't available.0

Moen's averaging 40 seconds a game more this year than last, or about one shift per game more. What's wrong with playing Moen on the 4th line primarily (moving up when there's injuries) plus the PK? That's exactly the role he should be playing. He's not playing 16 minutes a night here, it's 12.

Leblanc was officially recalled following the Hamilton game, he's taking Moen's spot on the roster for tomorrow. Pateryn is also up, I guess he'll be the backup plan if Murray can't go.

Guest Stogey24

Who said Parros will be back?

Guest Stogey24

I saw a couple of mentions of it on the Twitterbug on the site earlier. It seems to be that he's doubtful for tomorrow (though apparently on the trip) but should be back soon.

Yeah, either way that's good news.