Injury news

Commandant

I cant wait to have the Prust, White, Parros line back. My only concern is that Bournival gets sent down. This kid is a keeper.

What is concern?

Him going to AHL and playing more would not hurt him one bit.

But he simply is doing too well and DD would likely be waived and demoted before 49 ever is.

Guest Stogey24

I cant wait to have the Prust, White, Parros line back. My only concern is that Bournival gets sent down. This kid is a keeper.

Bournival, Plek, and Gionta have found some serious chemistry. There is no way this line gets broken up as long as they're producing.

Leblanc goes down when Moen comes back. Blunden goes down when Prust comes back.

Pending more injuries, of course.

I think one will go down as soon as Pacioretty returns (if he plays tomorrow, they'll demote someone Sunday). They have been carrying just 12 forwards for a while now for cap reasons.

Don' worry. He has been told earlier this week that he would stay with the big team for the whole season. Besides that, let's face it, it was an easy decision: he is already a better hockey player than half the guys on the ice.

Leblanc goes down when Moen comes back. Blunden goes down when Prust comes back.

Pending more injuries, of course.

Blunden will be the first to go; Holland will follow and Leblanc will stay for a while.

Guest Stogey24

With Prust, Pacioretty and Moen healthy, Briere barely has a spot in the lineup.

Damn shame he was signed. Besides being on the PP; Briere is basically useless to Montreal at this point.

Damn shame he was signed. Besides being on the PP; Briere is basically useless to Montreal at this point.

I guess he might add more than Blunden or Leblanc but ?? and those two (and most of NHL) are alot better defensively, so other than depth and playoff experiance he might not be of much use.

But if he is ready, he will be in lineup and he did only play 8 games so who knows, could be a slow starter and isnt totally washed up yet?

Briere skated briefly today and I think Prust may have as well. Moen won't play tomorrow but is hopeful to be ready for Thursday (potentially with a visor). That means St. Pierre is likely only up for tomorrow's game (Moen will take his spot after that).

Given how much we need added offence, I'm sort of glad Briere is coming back. Who knows, maybe this will constitute a "fresh start" for him in a Habs' jersey after his disastrous debut, and he'll actually contribute instead of being another utterly useless smurf along the lines of Desharnais. Hope springs eternal.

He played 8 games and had 2 points (yes both empty net I know).

But lets remember that the last free agent forward we signed (Erik cole) had a pretty rough start in his first 8 games as a Hab and was still one of our best in 2011-12

Guest Stogey24

He played 8 games and had 2 points (yes both empty net I know).

But lets remember that the last free agent forward we signed (Erik cole) had a pretty rough start in his first 8 games as a Hab and was still one of our best in 2011-12

If Briere keeps getting time on the power play it could easy spark something. I highly doubt it though. He played with zero energy in the 8 games we've seen him play. I really thought he was going to come out of the gate fired up.