Injury news

Commandant

Alex Galchenyuk is practicing in a full contact sweater. Same to Moen. Not Bournival.

With all of the players gone for the Olympics, Jocelyn Thibault and Patrice Brisebois suited up to help practice.

Thought people might like to hear that one.

Looking forward to Galchenyuk coming back, especially if Bournival still <100%. But should be a nice offensive upgrade no matter how you look at it.

Looking forward to Galchenyuk coming back, especially if Bournival still <100%. But should be a nice offensive upgrade no matter how you look at it.

Nice to hear that Galch is doing well and will proably be back after the break. Hopefully Bournival is not out long.

Tinordi up instead of Beaulieu. Word is that the team hasn't been happy with Beaulieu's AHL play, which while I understand the whole "play well on every level" stuff, Beaulieu played quite well in the NHL. Keep him there.

Word from Twitter is that both Bournival and Prust are out while Moen is ready to return. Galchenyuk was playing in a contact sweater last practice so he could be close too. @ddmatthews was told he'd be good to go Wednesday.

Tinordi up instead of Beaulieu. Word is that the team hasn't been happy with Beaulieu's AHL play, which while I understand the whole "play well on every level" stuff, Beaulieu played quite well in the NHL. Keep him there.

I don't think that's why it's Tinordi up. They did this last year too near the deadline, give a few different players a look for a few games which helps assess their readiness and shapes a strategy for the deadline. Mind you, Beaulieu had some really rough games last week.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think that's why it's Tinordi up. They did this last year too near the deadline, give a few different players a look for a few games which helps assess their readiness and shapes a strategy for the deadline. Mind you, Beaulieu had some really rough games last week.

I could really see Beaulieu going in a package deal. Which would be a huge waste at this time in his career, but I just have this feeling.

So Carey misses the next two games minimum, and Tokarski gets called up to backup.

Apparently he re-injured himself at the Games... so wtf was he doing on the ice today?!

Hope its only the two games. The fact that Tokarski was the one called up might indicate that they expect him to get a few games. In the past it was Mayer who got called up if it was only short term since they wanted a #1 in Hamilton. Though contrary to that belief Pat Hickey is reporting that Budaj will start today and tomorrow.

We are fine with Budaj in net for the short term but do want to see Tokarski get one start to show what he's got. He could potentially be our future back-up once Budaj's contract runs out next summer and have read nothing but good things about him in the AHL.

Sent to AHL for conditioning, plus his mother recently passed away.

Are you sure about that first part? There's lots of speculation that he might go sooner than later but he's not yet on Hamilton's roster according to the AHL's transactions.