Injury news

Commandant

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Why did they wait tell now to do it? Why wasn't this done last year when he was done for the year? 

From the press release:

With Shea currently rehabilitating from his March 13, 2018 left foot surgery (with recovery scheduled to take six months), it was planned by Shea and the Canadiens' medical staff to have a consultation with the orthopedic knee surgeon. This appointment was delayed due to the foot surgery. Following consultation with both Dr. Robert LaPrade and Dr. Robert Anderson, the orthopedic foot surgeon, it was agreed that a knee arthroscopy was needed.

It is important to mention that this procedure could not have been performed earlier due to his recovery to his previous foot surgery. As such, we expect a recovery period from this latest knee surgery to be five to six months, which will keep him out of action until mid-December 2018," said the Club's head physician, Dr. David Mulder.

I had to decide before June 8th if I wanted to renew my season tickets. 

If I ever learn that they knew about it before this date and just told us today,  I SWEAR that I will somehow damage the Bell Centre for AT LEAST the amount I paid for those tickets.  On top of never buying Molson products outside of the Bell Centre ever again.

11 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I had to decide before June 8th if I wanted to renew my season tickets. 

If I ever learn that they knew about it before this date and just told us today,  I SWEAR that I will somehow damage the Bell Centre for AT LEAST the amount I paid for those tickets.  On top of never buying Molson products outside of the Bell Centre ever again.

At this point, it doesn't matter when they knew...stealing at least 50% of what you paid for tickets from the Bell Center is justified, because they are stealing from you by charging you to watch a pure garbage product.  I'm pretty sure the police and the crown prosecutor won't see it that way, but if it goes to trial and I (or someone like-minded) were on the jury, you would walk!

• Like 1

I don't understand why they didn't upgrade the D knowing Weber would miss all this time. Guess they really want that 1st overall pick. I am already on the tank wagon.

He will come back in December, and of course  without a full summer in the weight room to rehab...at his age after so long a spell off, will be lucky to be at 70% by March.

Only bright spot is, the team is garbage anyways, so it doesn't make much of a difference.  The only effect this has is to make the trade look even more lopsided in Nashville's favour...another black mark on MB's pathetic track record.

38 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Cruise for Hughes!

Cruise for Hughes it is!

Now, let's keep Pacioretty until the deadline and get as many draft picks as possible

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Cruise for Hughes it is!

Now, let's keep Pacioretty until the deadline and get as many draft picks as possible

I'd rather avoid him to get injured as well and ship him out right now.

16 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Im sure Nashville is watching this. They will be in deep trouble if Weber is damaged goods and have to retire.

I don’t think so.  Not if it’s because of an injury - I don’t recall the Hawks (Hossa) or the Flyers (pronger) we’re penalized.

i think they dodged a bullet don’t dumping a declining asset, who looks to now be injury prone.  They’re probably doing the balki bautalimas dance of joy that they got a younger more skilled Dman for him.  

We on the other hand are screwed.  While Markov was good when he came back, he wasn’t pre-injury Markov.  At least Weber’s game doesn’t revolve aroUnd his skating. Is there a worse defence in the league?? Great job MB!!!  How you still have a job, I am dumbfounded!!

15 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Im sure Nashville is watching this. They will be in deep trouble if Weber is damaged goods and have to retire.

He'll never retire.  

Even if he is injured past that point (and given Markov's history of knee injuries and how he played afterwards and his injuries were ACL/MCL which is more serious than Meniscus), there is no reason to believe he won't come back at 100%. 

But even if he is hurt to the point he can't play.  He'll just sit on LTIR and collect his money.  he wont retire. 

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Cruise for Hughes it is!

The sooner he goes (if the right deal is offered) the better.  

Hurts our offence even more to see him shipped out, and mitigates the risk he gets hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

That is some serious bad luck.

Actually, I think is good luck: we have a decent chance to rebuild successfully with the deep draft next year