Injury news

Commandant

35 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I'd rather avoid him to get injured as well and ship him out right now.

I think we are better to let it play out like Colorado did and be patient for a greater return. Pacioretty has Wolverine genes after all :lol:

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The sooner he goes (if the right deal is offered) the better.  

Hurts our offence even more to see him shipped out, and mitigates the risk he gets hurt. 

For player development reasons, I see more benefit to play Patches and be patiente patient instead of tanking from training camp

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Reminder that Shea Weber got hurt in the first game of the season and continued to play on an injured foot until it was too much, and now it turns out his right knee needs surgery. A TEAM doctor cleared him to play.

This is on the organization.

Yeah! Let'a fire the medical staff and go in full rebuild there too.

Bad doctor! Bad! :rastapop:

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

It's the hockey gods shitting on Marc Bergevin. 

If this is the hockey Gods idea of shitting on Bergevin, then lets keep feeding them the laxatives because this is exactly what we need to ensure we don't go on anything close to a playoff run this season.

41 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yeah! Let'a fire the medical staff and go in full rebuild there too.

Bad doctor! Bad! :rastapop:

I will forever complain about the concept of team doctors, who constantly allow players to play on injuries out of debt to the team instead of their own freaking oath.

All doctors should be an independent body doing medical work for the 31 teams and all decisions they make on player health should be followed or else teams face major fines. Shea Weber played hockey on a fracture for 24 games. It's absolute insanity to me that the NHL and NHLPA deems this acceptable.

Well crap, it would've been entertaining at least to see Weber start the season. Crazy that while it's different injuries, it comes at a similar age to when Markov had issues. Here's hoping he's able to come back like Markov did and be productive for, let's see...SEVEN (or is it eight) more years? Yikes. Markov made it 5 before the Habs kicked him to the curb.

This is going to be one of the most frustrating seasons.

1) People are already talking about draft picks. 

Losing will be twisted into something positive every game it happens. In the end, if things go bad, we’ll still probably end up with the 7th overall, and the organization will draft someone only 18% of the fan base wanted. For a year we had to hear the excitement about it, however. 

In reality we never failed for Nail, nor did we fall for Dahl. We’ll hear Lose for Hughes and it won’t happen. Come draft day and only then, would I be happy if it did, though.

2) There are still an underrated, substantial, amount of people who still believe we can come close to making the playoffs. If this is the way it plays out, which at this moment I cannot see, there will always be questions as to why “if” we were able to come in 7th or 8th in the conference, or god forbid even higher, why wasn’t anyone outside of Plekanec acquired, or anything else? If people actually believe we have a chance, imagine what we’d be like if anyone was actually brought in to help the team without losing assets. Domi’s good, lost Galchenyuk. Armia is great. Not enough.

2b) Defense? Nothing. Everyone always said we’re solid on the right side but I feared what would happen if either Weber or even Petry went down. I do believe that we have some sort of gem in Juulsen but it is still too early. Then? There’s the left side.

(Mete will be better)

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I had to decide before June 8th if I wanted to renew my season tickets. 

If I ever learn that they knew about it before this date and just told us today,  I SWEAR that I will somehow damage the Bell Centre for AT LEAST the amount I paid for those tickets.  On top of never buying Molson products outside of the Bell Centre ever again.

I hear ya.  I'm pretty much decided that I'm not paying for tickets until there's actually NHL caliber hockey being played in Montreal.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I will forever complain about the concept of team doctors, who constantly allow players to play on injuries out of debt to the team instead of their own freaking oath.

All doctors should be an independent body doing medical work for the 31 teams and all decisions they make on player health should be followed or else teams face major fines. Shea Weber played hockey on a fracture for 24 games. It's absolute insanity to me that the NHL and NHLPA deems this acceptable.

As a doctor myself, I have to speak up and say that the organization does not control whether someone plays or rests. It is up to the player and player alone after being given advice from the MD. Anything else would be a violation of the doctor patient relationship.

If the player decides to be influenced by team managment, that is his decision.

13 hours ago, huzer said:

Here's hoping he's able to come back like Markov did and be productive for, let's see...SEVEN (or is it eight) more years? Yikes. Markov made it 5 before the Habs kicked him to the curb.

Nashville won the trade the day it was made, Weber has maybe 2 years of good (not great) hockey left, and that is not factoring in his ability to stay injury free. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

This is going to be one of the most frustrating seasons.

1) People are already talking about draft picks. 

Losing will be twisted into something positive every game it happens. In the end, if things go bad, we’ll still probably end up with the 7th overall, and the organization will draft someone only 18% of the fan base wanted. For a year we had to hear the excitement about it, however. 

In reality we never failed for Nail, nor did we fall for Dahl. We’ll hear Lose for Hughes and it won’t happen. Come draft day and only then, would I be happy if it did, though.

2) There are still an underrated, substantial, amount of people who still believe we can come close to making the playoffs. If this is the way it plays out, which at this moment I cannot see, there will always be questions as to why “if” we were able to come in 7th or 8th in the conference, or god forbid even higher, why wasn’t anyone outside of Plekanec acquired, or anything else? If people actually believe we have a chance, imagine what we’d be like if anyone was actually brought in to help the team without losing assets. Domi’s good, lost Galchenyuk. Armia is great. Not enough.

2b) Defense? Nothing. Everyone always said we’re solid on the right side but I feared what would happen if either Weber or even Petry went down. I do believe that we have some sort of gem in Juulsen but it is still too early. Then? There’s the left side.

(Mete will be better)

xXx..CK..xXx,

all kidding aside with the "cruise for Hughes" or draming that Price will be magical again and get us into the playoffs. I think that it will not be as frustrating as last season:

1) we know already what we have at D, and can only be pleasantly surprised there: a really good D-coach can help there.

For myself: I want to see Juulsen and Mete improve. I wanted them to be the top pair in Laval to have lots of minutes, they can now do that at the NHL level but need the right metooring and coaching

2) we cannot expect this team to be more than a .500 team, probably less. But I expect it to compete every game since that is what they are selling us with so much emphasis on Attitude, youth and speed.

I want to see a better structured play and progression from the U-26 core

3) Last, I want to see consistent performances from the over 26 group. Price, Petry, Pacioretty, etc. That will make me happy. The other points above are expected.

If I see all of these, then the season won't be a waste and thus less frustrating than last year's where we were sold on having a better D and playoff hopes: expectations are lower this year

We have a tough fight for the bottom of the NHL.

Vancouver just packed their roster with overpaid bottom sixers. Ottawa is about to unload Karlsson for what I'm sure to be is an awful deal, and will have to also deal with Stone and Duchene likely saying get me out now, Buffalo is still an unpredictable club, and Arizona who knows. Also Carolina is kind of a mess too. With exception to Vancouver it's a battle of who in the East is worse.

56 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

We have a tough fight for the bottom of the NHL.

Vancouver just packed their roster with overpaid bottom sixers. Ottawa is about to unload Karlsson for what I'm sure to be is an awful deal, and will have to also deal with Stone and Duchene likely saying get me out now, Buffalo is still an unpredictable club, and Arizona who knows. Also Carolina is kind of a mess too. With exception to Vancouver it's a battle of who in the East is worse.

Buffalo should be a playoff team, Arizona and Carolina well you just never know with them. I think our battle is with Ottawa and Vancouver, we have the better goaltender out of them. Our defense is so weak I don't think even Price  can be a deference maker as we seen last season. But once Pacioretty gets traded how long tell you think Price and Weber want out?

41 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Buffalo should be a playoff team, Arizona and Carolina well you just never know with them. I think our battle is with Ottawa and Vancouver, we have the better goaltender out of them. Our defense is so weak I don't think even Price  can be a deference maker as we seen last season. But once Pacioretty gets traded how long tell you think Price and Weber want out?

Van has problems, but unlike the Habs they have some genuinely elite young talent. If that talent blossoms, they could do better than we think.

I can't prove this of course, but I have a feeling that Price is in for the duration. He's a Hab and intends to retire a Hab. I get a Luongo-in-Florida vibe off him. Just a feeling.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Weber can't go anywhere until he stops getting hurt. I was excited on the prospect of trading him. Now he's got a bad left foot and a bad right knee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...