Injury news

Commandant

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Juulsen's headaches could explain the interest in Honka (I mean, other than Bergevin's default interest in literally every bottom 4 defenseman out there.)

Too bad about Juulsen and McCarron. I hoped both would have strong exhibition seasons.  Juulsen is really starting to concern me.

About Honka, he has a good offensive package and the Stars are relatively deep on defence.  However I have heard his defensive game is lacking, and he's prone to coughing up the puck at the worst times.  If that news is accurate then it makes more sense the Stars would be willing to move him along while his value is somewhat higher. As such I would rather see the Habs let one of their own defensive prospects get a shot before they trade for Honka and knock them all down one run on the depth charts.  Aside from Juulsen the regulars on defence are healthy so there's less incentive to gamble on Honka now.  Either some other team will take a chance on him before the season starts. Or the Habs (or another team) will pick him up on waivers likely in the first few months. Since Honka is starting his 4th NHL season, he's waiver eligible if he's sent down to the minors. 

2 minutes ago, habscout said:

About Honka, he has a good offensive package and the Stars are relatively deep on defence.  However I have heard his defensive game is lacking, and he's prone to coughing up the puck at the worst times.  If that news is accurate then it makes more sense the Stars would be willing to move him along while his value is somewhat higher. As such I would rather see the Habs let one of their own defensive prospects get a shot before they trade for Honka and knock them all down one run on the depth charts.  Aside from Juulsen the regulars on defence are healthy so there's less incentive to gamble on Honka now.  Either some other team will take a chance on him before the season starts. Or the Habs (or another team) will pick him up on waivers likely in the first few months. Since Honka is starting his 4th NHL season, he's waiver eligible if he's sent down to the minors. 

While he is waiver-eligible, he's also an unsigned RFA that doesn't seem to have interest in signing with Dallas.  As a result, he probably won't wind up on waivers as whoever trades for him will ultimately be signing him as well.

Hopefully not too long for Poehling despite the word indefinitely. I heard about it a few minutes ago as well.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, DON said:

No one thought career was in jeopardy, but great he is already good to go.

Shows how much i know RE Juulsen?

Hope is just precautionary and Poehling & Byron arnt hurt too badly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Poehling has a concussion and is out indefinitely. 

McCarron's groin injury will keep him out 6 weeks.

Byron is not practicing today.

My head hurts. 

Looks like Ikonen is out for 6 months too.

7 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Juulsen, Poehling and now Ikonen.

We are still cursed by the same ghosts of the forum. Since Saku Koivu still same crap.

😖

the Habs fan in me is cursing but my (tiny) Human bit wants nothing but Health (then wealth) to these Stars of the frozen pond

7 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Juulsen, Poehling and now Ikonen.

We are still cursed by the same ghosts of the forum. Since Saku Koivu still same crap.

😖

I hear you, but none of those guys are core, irreplaceable organizational pieces. This team has had three transcendently important players over the past quarter century: Koivu, Price, and Markov. They were guys the team absolutely required in order to win and who could not be replaced. All three suffered catastrophic injuries that ramified for entire generations of the team. Koivu would have been a superstar #1C if not for his ruined knee. The Habs might have contended in 2014 and 2016 if Price had not been destroyed. And cataclysmic injuries to Markov played a key role in destroying both the first *and* second Gainey rebuilds (2009 and 2012). 

I hate to see these kids get hurt, but this wave of hurts is nothing in comparison.

I'm hearing Poehling will have to start with the club if he's still injured because he was on the roster to end last season? And with one week and a few days left of preseason this is a real possibility? 

T or False?

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I'm hearing Poehling will have to start with the club if he's still injured because he was on the roster to end last season? And with one week and a few days left of preseason this is a real possibility? 

T or False?

He would start on SOIR and count on the cap for a pro-rated rate.  This is from my article on it yesterday that hopefully will help explain it:

As Poehling spent the final week on Montreal’s roster last season, he will still count in part against Montreal’s salary cap for each day he’s on season-opening injured reserve (SOIR) to start the season.  He’ll count at a daily rate of $160.42 (his total earnings last season of $29,839 divided by 186 days).

Once he's healthy, he can be sent to Laval or converted to regular roster status in which case his cap hit would jump to $925,000.

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Is it the same knee as last year?

I checked a whole lot of sources in Finland but no one had any details, most were saying just "injured until week 10-12 (of 2020)". Will post if I find something more.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Gustav Olofsson has been placed on waivers.

Sounds like hes healthy and ready to go to Laval

No surprise given his recent injury history that he has cleared waivers. Laval should be strong 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Armia got injured in warmup with a lower body injury. Habs are playing a back to back, but Laval is also playing today so I wonder if we'll see a call up or not.

They didn't call anyone up when Cousins was hurt as they carried just 12 healthy forwards for more than a week so I imagine they won't call anyone up here.  Reilly's still available if someone was to get injured in the warmup tomorrow and he'll serve as the reserve (if he's not in the lineup). 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, Trizzak said:

Armia got injured in warmup with a lower body injury. Habs are playing a back to back, but Laval is also playing today so I wonder if we'll see a call up or not.

Armia was back on the ice again today in the morning skate. Hopefully that means that we'll see him in the lineup tomorrow.