Injury news

Commandant

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We have cap space at a big cost

BIG cost ... but add in Armia or Lehkonen and possibilities open up without needing to have to convince an unwilling team to retain salary, or pay a willing one to do so ... 

12 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Poor Kulak is now #7 and I think he was great with Weber 

If Kulak is doing good with Weber, it will keep him in the lineup.  How short that leash will be is a whole other question.

44 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Who sits though?

Chairot? Romanov? Or Kulak 😔

The first step is Ouellet goes out (and back to Laval once the newbies join the team) ... then, if Kulak is playing well (last night was good but just one game) it could be Romanov, or a rotation of some sort.

4 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

TSN is reporting Gallagher will miss the remainder of the regular season.

Considering they couldn't afford to activate him even if he was healthy after adding Merrill and Gustafsson, that's not much of a surprise.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Considering they couldn't afford to activate him even if he was healthy after adding Merrill and Gustafsson, that's not much of a surprise.

BUT, should be back in time for the semi-finals eh?

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Weber?

BINGO!

I am with ya! (not really, but did Weber take a puck to the brain or something a month or two ago, he is just playing dumber or maybe he is just trying to model Petry's play?)

23 minutes ago, DON said:

BINGO!

I am with ya! (not really, but did Weber take a puck to the brain or something a month or two ago, he is just playing dumber or maybe he is just trying to model Petry's play?)

If Gustafsson is OK (relatively speaking!), I think giving some days off to Weber would indeed be a good idea, let him recover before the playoffs start. Play him with a stable presence like Edmundson.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It must have been helmet-to-helmet contact ... 😠

Looks like ribs/back to head

23 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

That’s a concussion? 😬

Conspiracist in me thinks they are covering something up or Price better start osteoporosis treatment 

I agree that the contact doesn't look like much, but Price didn't see him coming and his head was forced in the opposite direction when the impact happened.  Both of those factors are bad.  ex:  its 1 thing to be hit in the head, but its completely different if you have no idea you're about to be hit.  Thats why sucker punches are so dangerous. 

Price is sorta moving to the right when his head gets knocked to the left.  That situation often happens in boxing.   i.e. if your moving your head in 1 direction and it gets knocked back the other direction the end result generally isn't good. The way his head goes to the left like that is typical of a knockout punch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agree that the contact doesn't look like much, but Price didn't see him coming and his head was forced in the opposite direction when the impact happened.  Both of those factors are bad.  ex:  its 1 thing to be hit in the head, but its completely different if you have no idea you're about to be hit.  Thats why sucker punches are so dangerous. 

Price is sorta moving to the right when his head gets knocked to the left.  That situation often happens in boxing.   i.e. if your moving your head in 1 direction and it gets knocked back the other direction the end result generally isn't good. The way his head goes to the left like that is typical of a knockout punch.

didn't Price make a save with his mask also? Or was that Allen?

@alfredoh2009 I'm not sure.

Several years ago the Leafs goalie (I think it was Rhiemer) got clipped in a very similar manner where his head got snapped the other direction.  I think he was down on all 4's when the impact happened and his head was knocked to the side.  That play didnt look like much either but he was concussed and I believe he missed over a month.  He was out for much longer than anybody would have guessed.