Injury news

Commandant

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

But yeah hes either useless or a third liner, depending on who is writing about him.  

Team is frustrating to watch play so crappy this year; BUT, isnt as frustrating as watching pisspoor effort from Drouin game after game, when is he dressed.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Team is frustrating to watch play so crappy this year; BUT, isnt as frustrating as watching pisspoor effort from Drouin game after game, when is he dressed.

I didn't see piss poor effort game after game when he played, so agree to disagree on this. 

I saw it last season, but I thought with the exception of a couple of games, he worked very hard this year. 

Drouin is a second liner. His talent adds to the depth. Ideally he scores more goals for sure, but his playmaker ability and puck control have been missed since he left. Goal scoring was a bit of an issue for me, but the bigger issue for me were his high risk passes which failed and lead to goals against or high danger scoring chances. Some of his choices this year baffled me.

if you guys are going to bring evidence and reasoned arguments into the conversation all the time it doesn't leave much room for commentators like me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

if you guys are going to bring evidence and reasoned arguments into the conversation all the time it doesn't leave much room for commentators like me. 

We can always use some contrast! If you can make us look good ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

We can always use some contrast! If you can make us look good ...

Come to think of it, my friends ...ok.... acquaintances.... used to say I had a real knack for making other people look intelligent and thoughtful And better looking!

THIS does not look encouraging

2 hours ago, Toronthab said:

Come to think of it, my friends ...ok.... acquaintances.... used to say I had a real knack for making other people look intelligent and thoughtful And better looking!

And that's what real friendships are made of!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

THIS does not look encouraging

If Weber has not recovered, we should not play him. A struggling Weber is worse than the alternatives.

Guess Weber's issue is with his left thumb

On 5/12/2021 at 5:49 PM, Toronthab said:

There is always room for a well worded quip from @Toronthab

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Out of Weber, Price, Gallagher, Danault, who do we think will be ready by Thursday?

It's supposed to be all of the above.  Only Weber didn't skate with the team today.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

From the clips we've seen, Gallagher, Price and Danault look to be practicing hard and no limitations. 

Weber doesn't seem like he can use his left hand.

This would explain those god-awful turnovers where he couldn't make simple plays with the puck.  Makes much more sense than the speculated 'mental lapses because he was tired'

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This would explain those god-awful turnovers where he couldn't make simple plays with the puck.  Makes much more sense than the speculated 'mental lapses because he was tired'

Lets hope cause that would be more encouraging for future years.

I don't know that it helps the team now though.  He shouldn't play if he can't pass and shoot.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lets hope cause that would be more encouraging for future years.

I don't know that it helps the team now though.  He shouldn't play if he can't pass and shoot.

That never stopped me! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

...  He shouldn't play if he can't pass and shoot.

39 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

That never stopped me! 

... or numerous Habs, and other NHLers, over the last 28 seasons

Evans received a Weber shot

on the wrist when screening the Leafs goalie. In the replay, he jumped to get out of the way and it is unclear how serious he got hurt

(TVA) commentators said he got out for one more shift before calling it a game 

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Evans received a Weber shot

on the wrist when screening the Leafs goalie. In the replay, he jumped to get out of the way and it is unclear how serious he got hurt

(TVA) commentators said he got out for one more shift before calling it a game 

Thank you sir 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Any info on Evans yet? I think he missed half of the second and all of the third. 

im not even sure what happened to him. 

Day-to-day. Ducharme says Evans might be available for game 2.