Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, huzer said:

Agreed. My wife really likes reading her updates. As far as the post itself, it's not like it was unknown Price was going in for knee surgery. 

I'd rather read her updates than those from a random agent.

9 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

She is the only thing I dislike about CP31.

Saw on media reports a day or so before this that she’d “announced” that she’d be posting something like this.

Sound the trumpets, hockey wife is going to speak for her husband. I wish she would stop  acting like his agent.

If Carey was even semi-active on social media I might consider agreeing ... but IMO it is nice to here something from "inside the walls" of the Price household.

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

My wife follows Julie Petry and Angela Price on social media. She enjoys that as much as I enjoy this forum

20 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Really, you prefer cryptic, self-serving social media posts from someone with no inside hockey knowledge or credentials aside from sleeping with a guy over someone’s professional agent whom is paid to speak on their behalf in terms familiar to the league, players and fans.

These social media posts really provide no insight and I could care less or feel any pity for millionaires wives who can’t get a real “date night” in.

pfft, if Carey wants to share news it will be shared. She is just riding his popularity to make her own brand, and thanks to Twitter and us Habs fans she is now a known name. She is an attention hungry social media manipulator who thinks people care about her opinion.

15 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

My wife follows Julie Petry and Angela Price on social media. She enjoys that as much as I enjoy this forum

That’s good for her, but the two do not need to mix.

social media posts to boost her social stature is all she posts.

They should get their own lives to post about.

22 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Really, you prefer cryptic, self-serving social media posts from someone with no inside hockey knowledge or credentials aside from sleeping with a guy over someone’s professional agent whom is paid to speak on their behalf in terms familiar to the league, players and fans.

These social media posts really provide no insight and I could care less or feel any pity for millionaires wives who can’t get a real “date night” in.

pfft, if Carey wants to share news it will be shared. She is just riding his popularity to make her own brand, and thanks to Twitter and us Habs fans she is now a known name. She is an attention hungry social media manipulator who thinks people care about her opinion.

Why are you so jealous? Who cares if that’s what she is doing. Mind your own business and move on with it. No one could care less about your opinion that no one agrees with, or have any pity that your emotions have been hurt over this.

33 minutes ago, huzer said:

Byron out for the next 5 months after hip surgery.

Well this explains why the Kraken didn't grab him in the expansion draft. 

:)

So we exposed 3 guys with major injuries (Weber, Price and Bryon) and Drouin.   

4 minutes ago, Peter Puck said:

Well this explains why the Kraken didn't grab him in the expansion draft. 

:)

So we exposed 3 guys with major injuries (Weber, Price and Bryon) and Drouin.   

Thats actually really funny.  The Kracken had access to all the players medical files, and they'd also totally know why Droiun is out too. 

CapFriendly has already placed Byron on IR. Weber remains on the active roster. I wonder how long it'll take to have Weber verified as not playing next year (and potentially longer). Does this have any real meaning to the club currently?

12 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

CapFriendly has already placed Byron on IR. Weber remains on the active roster. I wonder how long it'll take to have Weber verified as not playing next year (and potentially longer). Does this have any real meaning to the club currently?

To my understanding, since he will be healthy to play around the New Year there is no real cap benefit ... the Habs would have to get back under the non-Byron-LTIR upper cap limit when Byron returns

On 7/29/2021 at 5:53 AM, hockeyrealist said:

I haven't read any of those posts but I guess it provides a different perspective on life in the NHL. I am a big believer in free speech (why I always try to be respectful of different view points) so she is certainly entitled to post on social media and people are certainly entitled to follow those posts if they wish or not.  It's not a big deal. 

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

probably until the medical checkups at the beginning of training camp

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Great news, he may show during training camp that he is ready to slot in as Montreal's 3rd line center :thumbs_up:

But will KK show he is ready to slot in as Montreal's 2nd line centre?

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

But will KK show he is ready to slot in as Montreal's 2nd line centre?

With Toffoli and Gallagher as his wingers, heck yeah!

if with Drouin and Gallagher, not sure

that is why my lineup is:

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

=====
before I get crucified for not putting Hoffman on the top 6, yeah he can go on the top line if they have chemistry or he can make Evans awesome

Drouin is not as good as a third liner

Edited by alfredoh2009
Added Hoffman note

57 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With Toffoli and Gallagher as his wingers, heck yeah!

if with Drouin and Gallagher, not sure

that is why my lineup is:

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

=====
before I get crucified for not putting Hoffman on the top 6, yeah he can go on the top line if they have chemistry or he can make Evans awesome

Drouin is not as good as a third liner

Can't say I am as certain ... players production can certainly be dependent on linemates but performance is individual ... he played his way onto Laval in 19/20 (and might have last season if the Habs had a legit option at 3C) and then off the roster to start and finish these past playoffs ... he shows splashes of legit 1C/2C play but no consistency, and is oft-cited as being weak in his own zone ... he needs to improve his own performance, regardless of who his wingers might be.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, GHT120 said:

Can't say I am as certain ... players production can certainly be dependent on linemates but performance is individual ... he played his way onto Laval in 19/20 (and might have last season if the Habs had a legit option at 3C) and then off the roster to start and finish these past playoffs ... he shows splashes of legit 1C/2C play but no consistency, and is oft-cited as being weak in his own zone ... he needs to improve his own performance, regardless of who his wingers might be.

Well, I suppose it depends on how you define "performance". Anderson was skating hard and driving to the net in the playoffs when playing with Kotkaniemi but his play did not mesh with his linemates, so the effective performance was poor, even if he did what he usually does.

In the end, hockey is a team sport. And the Habs got to the Final by playing as a team (the team was greater than the sum of its parts) whereas some of their opponents (with more skilled players) did not work as well as teams.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Well, I suppose it depends on how you define "performance". Anderson was skating hard and driving to the net in the playoffs when playing with Kotkaniemi but his play did not mesh with his linemates, so the effective performance was poor, even if he did what he usually does.

In the end, hockey is a team sport. And the Habs got to the Final by playing as a team (the team was greater than the sum of its parts) whereas some of their opponents (with more skilled players) did not work as well as teams.

Don't in any way disagree ... I was responding to the statement that with Toffoli and Gallagher as his wingers, KK would immediately/automatically show he is ready to be the habs 2C ... KK's performance had him sitting to begin and, despite his production being tied for the second most goals on the Habs for the playoffs, the end of the playoffs ... as for Anderson, I would say Anderson was performing well, and his production was good as well (tied for second most goals with KK and two others) ... when I say performance I mean the things that are within a players' individual control ... their effort, being defensively responsible, etc.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Josh Brook had surgery on his lower body (i think its a knee but the report doesn't say that), and is out a few months, until at least 2022.

Hmmm ... this must have happened a while ago already?

First day of training camp, first day with a surprising injury note.

Mike Hoffman (lower body injury) isn't expected to participate in training camp.  He got the same designation as Paul Byron, Carey Price, Josh Brook, and Joel Teasdale.

Joel Edmundson is listed as day-to-day.

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

So, did these guys (Hoffman and Edmundson) get injured doing their own off-season training? 🤔

or the golf tournament Tuesday... 🏌️‍♂️