Injury news

Commandant

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If they wanted to add a zero to that timeline for Paquette, I think most wouldn't mind.  It'll be interesting to see if a forward joins Norlinder among those being recalled after tonight's Laval game as Perreault and Byron aren't ready to return and Brooks seems to be viewed as unplayable by the coaching staff for some reason.

I hope they recall Dea over Poehling

If I am not mistaken, this could be an emergency recall due to injury and Dea could be sent down without going through waivers. May be the only chance to bring him up without risking loosing him (for Laval's sake)

Poehling need to dominate at the AHL level before he is called up. He is not there yet

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If I am not mistaken, this could be an emergency recall due to injury and Dea could be sent down without going through waivers. May be the only chance to bring him up without risking loosing him (for Laval's sake)

If it was for a few games, it wouldn't matter if it was an emergency or regular recall; Dea would still need 10 games/30 days to be waiver-eligible again.  He also has cleared waivers the last three years without any issue so he's at no risk of being claimed.

Paquette was placed on IR retroactive to yesterday while Drouin was IR'ed retroactive to the 2nd (so he can be activated at any time).  That creates two roster spots for recalls tomorrow.

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

If it was for a few games, it wouldn't matter if it was an emergency or regular recall; Dea would still need 10 games/30 days to be waiver-eligible again.  He also has cleared waivers the last three years without any issue so he's at no risk of being claimed.

Paquette was placed on IR retroactive to yesterday while Drouin was IR'ed retroactive to the 2nd (so he can be activated at any time).  That creates two roster spots for recalls tomorrow.

Thanks !

for limited minutes centering the 4th line, even Vejdemo is a better choice than Poehling at this time

Poehling played well tonight, but he is not dominating 

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks !

for limited minutes centering the 4th line, even Vejdemo is a better choice than Poehling at this time

Poehling played well tonight, but he is not dominating 

Damn, Id rather they just play three lines all night.  Vejedemo was not good at all in previous tries.

Make the millionaires earn it with 20 min each.

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Interesting that Drouin is on IR without ever hearing what is wrong.

I still think that puck to head was not that bad and if this has him injured for this long (obv concussion) there is more at play.

maybe they are downplaying the injury so he can be traded this year?  He is damaged goods and has brought his value back up to what is probably as high as it gets with his start this year, gonna be moving out some of these big contracts this year so why not his? 

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Interesting that Drouin is on IR without ever hearing what is wrong.

I still think that puck to head was not that bad and if this has him injured for this long (obv concussion) there is more at play.

maybe they are downplaying the injury so he can be traded this year?  He is damaged goods and has brought his value back up to what is probably as high as it gets with his start this year, gonna be moving out some of these big contracts this year so why not his? 

Until you get hit in the head with a puck, missing the helmet, you don’t know how

much it hurts :blink:

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Until you get hit in head with a puck, missing the helmet, you don’t know how

much it hurts :blink:

Frozen puck vs cheek bone, didnt treat Juulsen well neither, unlucky fella.

He got hit by a puck moving at least 60 MPH and probably more.  Even the worst shooters in the NHL are gonna have wrist shots at that speed. 

Yeah there can be some damage. Even a bone bruise in that area is gonna effect his vision.

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He got hit by a puck moving at least 60 MPH and probably more.  Even the worst shooters in the NHL are gonna have wrist shots at that speed. 

Yeah there can be some damage. Even a bone bruise in that area is gonna effect his vision.

Seems it may be headaches ... of course those can vision issues in some cases.

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I honestly have no idea - I don't think it has been disclosed yet.  The fact that he has been skating at times and not at others when there's a setback suggests it's a lower-body issue but that's just a guess.

Have also heard/read speculation about a back injury ... which could be LBI or UBI depending on location. 

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

<speculation on>

probably a tore muscle that is not healing properly.

he has not wore a cast

</speculation off>

Hopefully is "upper-body" issue and has been able to skate.

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Edmundson's timeline keeps getting pushed back.  Remember when this was supposed to be 2-3 weeks?  We're well past that already but at least he's getting close to practicing.

Edmundson's knee injury is sounding like Price's knee injury that one year.

Bergie added to the IR

Allen and Edmundson

On 11/10/2021 at 10:55 AM, alfredoh2009 said:

Poehling need to dominate at the AHL level before he is called up. He is not there yet

i think they made the right call.