Injury news

Commandant

Paquette could be back for Wednesday's game.  The Habs have an open roster spot although I wouldn't be surprised to see Pezzetta sent down anyways.  His next game makes him waiver-eligible so if they don't need to use him, they'd be wise to get him off the roster.

Price back on the ice today, for the first time since the 15th. However, skating on his own and without pads. After solo skating, need to start working out with Eric Raymond, and only them rejoin practices. And maybe a reconditioning stint in Laval?

Maybe he'll be able to start a Habs game before Christmas yet. Maybe.

In the meantime, Edmundson is not making rapid progress, either.

I honestly wonder whether, under the present circumstances, Price's only motivation for returning to play this season is to hopefully make the Olympic team ... can't imagine he is keen on playing behind this defence (both the D-corps themselves and the overall team defence).

*** IF *** Edmundson is putting off surgery hoping to rehab and get back in the lineup ... it might be the best thing for him and the Habs' draft position for him to get it and be ready for next season. 

Bad news for them ... hope it doesn't spread further

1 hour ago, huzer said:

Add Petry and Anderson to the growing list. Anderson, 2-4 weeks, Petry not traveling with the team.

So, our D has six healthy D-men remaining after all this, with our three best ones (from last year) now out of action ...

• Chiarot
  • Savard
  • Romanov
  • Kulak
  • Wideman
  • Norlinder

I suppose they can keep Norlinder for five (?) more games, after that Niku should be healthy again. Otherwise it's Ouellet or Brooks from Laval.

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

So, our D has six healthy D-men remaining after all this, with our three best ones (from last year) now out of action ...

• Chiarot
  • Savard
  • Romanov
  • Kulak
  • Wideman
  • Norlinder

I suppose they can keep Norlinder for five (?) more games, after that Niku should be healthy again. Otherwise it's Ouellet or Brooks from Laval.

They're already called up Schueneman.

Counting injuries, here's who is missing from the Stanley Cup final lineup.

WOW

Carey Price

Shea Weber

Jeff Petry

Joel Edmundson

Eric Gustaffson

John Merril

Forwards:

Brendan Gallagher (covid protocol)

Josh Anderson

Philip Danault

Paul Byron

Tomas Tatar

Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Corey Perry

Eric Stahl

28 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Counting injuries, here's who is missing from the Stanley Cup final lineup.

WOW

Carey Price

Shea Weber

Jeff Petry

Joel Edmundson

Eric Gustaffson

John Merril

Forwards:

Brendan Gallagher (covid protocol)

Josh Anderson

Philip Danault

Paul Byron

Tomas Tatar

Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Corey Perry

Eric Stahl

Excuses!

ww are l my missing a dominant goal, three fourths of the top-4 D and our top line

what could go wrong?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: 

surely that incompetent VP of Hockey Ops fault  Fire Gorton!!!!

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: 

18 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Excuses!

ww are l my missing a dominant goal, three fourths of the top-4 D and our top line

what could go wrong?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: 

surely that incompetent VP of Hockey Ops fault  Fire Gorton!!!!

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: 

Just curious - where do you see excuses?  The post is just a straight observation of the changeover in the lineup.  No opinion, excuses, etc. made.  Unless you are looking for excuses of your own??

1 minute ago, titanfan said:

Just curious - where do you see excuses?  The post is just a straight observation of the changeover in the lineup.  No opinion, excuses, etc. made.  Unless you are looking for excuses of your own??

Yesterday when I posted I was in full troll mode

Impersonating the most “mischievous” KK 

I thought that the Clown emojis  would have shown that, there was no Loki emoji in the list ...

20 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Norlinder isn't subject to the 9-game threshold as he's 21 and that's a rule for junior-aged players.  Before being let go, Bergevin hinted at a December decision which would be something in the loan agreement they have in place with his Swedish team.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

"#Habs Ducharme says Price won’t play before Christmas and when he will return to the ice to practise in full equipment is undetermined. @TSN_Edge"

That's pretty much what I have been expecting since he went into the program.

I believe these delays are not program related ... it is a matter of getting physically healthy and ready. 

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I believe these delays are not program related ... it is a matter of getting physically healthy and ready. 

Not directly the program, as he has already finished it. But it was bound to take time after the program for him to be physically and mentally ready to play.

Fearless Prediction Re Price: just going through the motions and will end up not quite getting healthy enough for this season.  Will never play again.

Doesn't want to retire and lose out on $$$.