Injury news

Commandant

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Easier, yes. But I expect they'll be working hard to move those players that can make a difference in the rebuild. And that means that Petry, Gallagher, Toffoli and Hoffman will be more important to move than Lehkonen.

Yes but as GHT pointed out July is easier to move them.  Supply and demand, more bidders means a better return.

34 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

At this point this season is just laughable. I mean what else could go wrong.  

Don't tempt the "lords of chaos"

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It can definitely get worse, like Ben Chiarot having a season ending injury.  They should probably rest him as they get close to the trade deadline. 

With the way players are dropping, I’m hoping they are gauging his value and try to move him earlier, rather than waiting - IF they can get a 1st rounder plus right now. We should be stocking up one draft picks for the next two years.

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

With the way players are dropping, I’m hoping they are gauging his value and try to move him earlier, rather than waiting - IF they can get a 1st rounder plus right now. We should be stocking up one draft picks for the next two years.

I agree. I have no doubt they will get at least a 1st rounder for a healthy Chiarot. The only issue with moving him earlier is that other teams have to take on more of his salary which might be a problem for some although Habs can always take back some salary for the right deal. Definitely need to stock up on picks for the next 2 years. 

Playing the waiting game for trading Chiarot is risky.  If he gets hurt you are screwed. If he stays healthy and a contender loses a key piece of their defense due to injury then you might have a bidding war and get more than you hoped for. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs have classified Dvorak as out indefinitely and Anderson as out for 8 weeks going back to December 2nd.  That has him on track to return in late January/early February (which is right before the Olympic break).

So, at C we have Suzuki, Evans/Drouin, Perreault and Paquette. Should be about right for getting a top draft pick.

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

So, at C we have Suzuki, Evans/Drouin, Perreault and Paquette. Should be about right for getting a top draft pick.

that is funny and sad at the same time

I see the C depth more like: Suzuki > Drouin > Poehling > Dauphin

Paquette is a disaster and I like Perrault better on the wing.

Also, Poehling's FO% is very good

Evans should be played at Centre.... and the whole idea that DD says we need to shelter him and can't play him against other team's good players is bullshit.  This is a lost season, this is the exact time to play him at centre and let him show what he has as a defensive player against those lines. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Evans should be played at Centre.... and the whole idea that DD says we need to shelter him and can't play him against other team's good players is bullshit.  This is a lost season, this is the exact time to play him at centre and let him show what he has as a defensive player against those lines. 

I think maybe it will be the new gm who will replace DD.

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

I hope so. 

That said, I still think the new GM is essentially going to be an AGM with Gorton running the show.  I can see that Gorton wants to focus on the AGM first before getting to coaching though. 

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Look what he has to work with, no coach would do well.

Wouldnt hurt my feeling one bit if coaching staff isnt replaced, but still expect it will be over next summer.

Just hope they take the opportunity to focus on developing the youth (e.g. Romanov on the 1st PP unit, or give Poehling lots of icetime and good wingers).  

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Now that is a situation where Patrick Roy might actually work.

Roy is GM and coach.  His focus is on the players, so mainly a coach with a little more say.

Gorton is the real GM.

3 hours ago, titanfan said:

Now that is a situation where Patrick Roy might actually work.

Roy is GM and coach.  His focus is on the players, so mainly a coach with a little more say.

Gorton is the real GM.

That'll work for about a month until Gorton overrules Roy on something and Roy goes to Molson to try to get him fired.  If Roy isn't the guy with the final decision, he won't want the job.  He proved that in Colorado. 

There is no circumstance where it would make any sense to bring Roy in - in any capacity.  He shouldn't work in the NHL again, period.  There's a reason he has had one interview (Ottawa for coach) since he quit from the Avs.  One, he's not that good and two, no one wants the headache that comes with him.

the news on Armia and Perreault make me think;

MB and JG seems to manage IR very differently 

I could guess what MB would do, I have no clue what JG is doing

I wonder how the cap will be managed. Under MB, it was very structured much like a stock/investment portfolio with some heavy investment in low steady returns and some high risk high reward contracts 

I have no clue what to exptect from JG

14 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

the news on Armia and Perreault make me think;

MB and JG seems to manage IR very differently 

I could guess what MB would do, I have no clue what JG is doing

I wonder how the cap will be managed. Under MB, it was very structured much like a stock/investment portfolio with some heavy investment in low steady returns and some high risk high reward contracts

Just to clarify, they're on regular IR, not LTIR.  There's no cap management at all here with these placements.  When a player is out for a week, they go on IR, that's standard across the league for all general managers.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Just to clarify, they're on regular IR, not LTIR.  There's no cap management at all here with these placements.  When a player is out for a week, they go on IR, that's standard across the league for all general managers.

Are they not allowed to use IR for COVID-19 cases, though?