Injury news

Commandant

And the pause continues

Price has still not "met" with his NY doctor ... undergoing evaluations with team trainers and doctors ... that "next step" referenced below is ***IF*** the evaluations all go well.

• Allen underwent an MRI earlier on Monday. More should be known on his status when the team returns to Montreal, but the previously announced timeline for Allen, which had him out for a minimum of one week, still applies.
  • Byron, meanwhile, skated on his own for a third day in a row. There's a good chance the speedy winger will join his teammates for a full practice on the current road trip.
  • Edmundson recently returned to Montreal following the passing of his father. The defenseman has not skated yet, and there is no timetable for his return at the moment.
  • Gallagher has been skating at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard, and could be back in 1-2 weeks.
  • Perreault is dealing with a lower-body injury, and there is currently no timeline for his return.
  • Price (has) met with both his and the team's doctors. The All-World netminder has resumed rehab on his knee and is making slow progress, but no timetable has been set for his return.
  • Toffoli is progressing well in his recovery from hand surgery, and is expected to return to action at some point on the current road trip.
  • there are no longer any players from the Club on the NHL's COVID-19 protocol list.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jake allen out for 8 weeks... tank on.

And, most likely, Allen off the table for any deadline deal.

Fingers crossed he is right

Per Renaud Lavoie (TVA) Price has had to stop the rehab on his knee three times because swelling came back ... he is back working out and hopefully he is back to on-ice training within two weeks ... RL took it as a positive and felt Price will play this season ... myself, I am concerned that an injury has been treated and the player cleared for workouts three times, every time the swelling has returned.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Thought i heard he was just supposed to have simple procedure on knee?

Guess that a procedure is simple doesn't necessarily mean it can entirely fix a problem ... FOR EXAMPLE ONLY (not saying or predicting this is Price's issue), removing loose/floating cartilage is minor surgery, but if it leaves bone-on-bone in the knee joint then the problem is hardly fixed.

Marc Antoine Godin (The Athletic, Montreal) reports that Montembeault's injury is to a tendon in his wrist ... Habs feel it is minor, but there ***may*** be a need for surgery ... to be confirmed upon return to Montreal. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Guess that a procedure is simple doesn't necessarily mean it can entirely fix a problem ... FOR EXAMPLE ONLY (not saying or predicting this is Price's issue), removing loose/floating cartilage is minor surgery, but if it leaves bone-on-bone in the knee joint then the problem is hardly fixed.

I just had knee surgery at the end of December and had when they did the scope, they decided to do some micro fractures because there was no cartilage, and and had the bone on bone.

I was told that in two weeks and doing the rehab exercises, swelling should subside and I’d be walking within two weeks.

Every time I do my rehab exercises and go to Physio the swelling gets worse. I was supposed to get the other knee done after this one, because it was supposed to a simple procedure to remove loose and floating cartilage.

Given how rehab is going not sure if I want to go through this on the other knee. I cant even imagine trying on ice workouts or trying to play goal with a one that keeps swelling up.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I just had knee surgery at the end of December and had when they did the scope, they decided to do some micro fractures because there was no cartilage, and and had the bone on bone.

I was told that in two weeks and doing the rehab exercises, swelling should subside and I’d be walking within two weeks.

Every time I do my rehab exercises and go to Physio the swelling gets worse. I was supposed to get the other knee done after this one, because it was supposed to a simple procedure to remove loose and floating cartilage.

Given how rehab is going not sure if I want to go through this on the other knee. I cant even imagine trying on ice workouts or trying to play goal with a one that keeps swelling up.

hang in there hab29RETIRED. Wishing you all the best.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Marc Antoine Godin (The Athleticb, Montreal) reports that Montembeault's injury is to a tendon in his wrist ... Habs feel it is minor, but there ***may*** be a need for surgery ... to be confirmed upon return to Montreal. 

😬😬😬

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

😬😬😬

Well, if Primeau gets string of games and doesnt get totally lit up ...maybe wont be bad for his development?:pray:

(1-3 4.11 0.883% so far)

I'm not saying that they aren't hurt, but I expect a lot of these types of injuries down the stretch. 

Basically if a player isn't 100%, don't put him on the ice.  No point taking chances of something getting worse cause there is nothing to play for.  Better to be cautious with any bumps and bruises. 

If we were in a fight for a playoff spot, I bet we would see more guys playing through stuff and having surgeries or whatever after elimination. 

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'm not saying that they aren't hurt, but I expect a lot of these types of injuries down the stretch. 

Basically if a player isn't 100%, don't put him on the ice.  No point taking chances of something getting worse cause there is nothing to play for.  Better to be cautious with any bumps and bruises. 

If we were in a fight for a playoff spot, I bet we would see more guys playing through stuff and having surgeries or whatever after elimination. 

I would agree, nothing to play for.  If Chiarot has a little owie on his fingernail then keep him out.  Don't want to take any chances.