Injury news

Commandant

4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Man feel bad for Allen what a season from hell he has had and this team for that matter. 

I feel bad for him too. I have been really impressed with the professionalism Allen has exhibited this year. He is a class act. I am always impressed whenever I see him interviewed. 

50 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I feel bad for him too. I have been really impressed with the professionalism Allen has exhibited this year. He is a class act. I am always impressed whenever I see him interviewed. 

Well... we are from New Brunswick and we are good folk ...aside from Chris Lee, of course.:popcorn:

Who knows what, if anything, this means ... could have been in Carey's plans all along.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Primeau sent to Laval.

Which means Price's knee checked out and he can either start or backup tomorrow.

I don't think it's necessarily that.  Laval plays tonight and he needs some game action (Toronto has lit up Poulin the last two starts and they play them again tonight).  He makes the start for Laval and then is brought back up (still emergency conditions) for Friday's game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's certainly notable.

the $16m question, if he goes long term disability till end of contract or what ever they call it, how does that affect cap?

Aside from crappy way to end career, but is turning 35 and tough job on the knees for sure.

15 minutes ago, DON said:

the $16m question, if he goes long term disability till end of contract or what ever they call it, how does that affect cap?

Aside from crappy way to end career, but is turning 35 and tough job on the knees for sure.

He goes to LTIR, same as Weber's situation.  He stays on the cap but the Habs would be able to spend up to his AAV (less any existing cap space) for a replacement.  Between his deal and Weber's, Montreal would basically be operating in offseason LTIR territory unless they're able to clear Weber's deal off the books. 

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He goes to LTIR, same as Weber's situation.  He stays on the cap but the Habs would be able to spend up to his AAV (less any existing cap space) for a replacement.  Between his deal and Weber's, Montreal would basically be operating in offseason LTIR territory unless they're able to clear Weber's deal off the books. 

Is there a total maximum dollar value a team can have on LTIR?  

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

If Price goes on LTIR, there is really no point trying to move Weber's contract. Once you are LTIR, the restrictions are the same no matter how many contracts are on LTIR.

If Price and Byron both end up there, the cap situation suddenly totally changes complexion.

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If Price goes on LTIR, there is really no point trying to move Weber's contract. Once you are LTIR, the restrictions are the same no matter how many contracts are on LTIR.

If Price and Byron both end up there, the cap situation suddenly totally changes complexion.

You're not wrong on the restrictions being the same but in terms of opening a contract slot and trying to stay in compliance with the summer cap to avoid offseason LTIR, there's still enough of a reason to try to move Weber's deal.  And if Montreal winds up selling off some veterans midseason, Weber's contract being off the books might allow for the possibility for the Habs to get out of LTIR altogether and bank some cap space to apply towards what could be a very pricey bonus situation for 22-23. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That's certainly notable.

Wonder how the NHL would consider his playing a complete game last night and then saying he can't play next season vis-a-vis LTIR ... there is also his recent 'not wanting to be a burden' statement ... might he be the first NHLer (that I can think of) to officially retire with guaranteed years left on his contract ... seems very unlikely, but "not a burden" and LTIR don't exactly fit together ... unless by burden he meant playing and not performing well.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You're not wrong on the restrictions being the same but in terms of opening a contract slot and trying to stay in compliance with the summer cap to avoid offseason LTIR, there's still enough of a reason to try to move Weber's deal.  And if Montreal winds up selling off some veterans midseason, Weber's contract being off the books might allow for the possibility for the Habs to get out of LTIR altogether and bank some cap space to apply towards what could be a very pricey bonus situation for 22-23. 

I did forget about the contract slot. But if Price and/or Byron is also on LTIR, moving Weber's contract won't really help with the off-season LTIR, will it?

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

... unless by burden he meant playing and not performing well.

No, he will just hang out with Web's in Kelowna and wait for Gallagher to join their LTIR golf group in a year or two. And Price will keep collecting his $50-75,000/week :ph34r:...wouldnt you?

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wonder how the NHL would consider his playing a complete game last night and then saying he can't play next season vis-a-vis LTIR ... there is also his recent 'not wanting to be a burden' statement ... might he be the first NHLer (that I can think of) to officially retire with guaranteed years left on his contract ... seems very unlikely, but "not a burden" and LTIR don't exactly fit together ... unless by burden he meant playing and not performing well.

It's the same thing as Weber.  What will help is that he missed most of this season with the injury so it's not as if it's something new/unexpected.

As for not being a burden, I think that will mean if he can only play sporadically, he'll accept being put on LTIR permanently rather than trying to play here and there which would be a huge burden for the team as they wouldn't be able to replace him.  He's not leaving more than $30 million in cash on the table and officially retiring.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I did forget about the contract slot. But if Price and/or Byron is also on LTIR, moving Weber's contract won't really help with the off-season LTIR, will it?

The cap ceiling in the summer is 110% of the Upper Limit which is $90.75 million this summer.  If Weber's off the books entirely by trade, it's a lot easier to stay under that number and avoid offseason LTIR even with the others potentially being on there.

• Upvote 1