Injury news

Commandant

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/06/03/finally-some-information-about-webers-injuries/

Holy moly, cant imagine playing through this stuff and also playing as he did.

"According to Paul Byron, Shea Weber shouldn’t have played a single game as he was in such bad shape.

“Honestly, I don’t even know how he managed to play. He broke his thumb blocking a shot at the end of the season. We thought that his season was over, but he insisted to play”, said Byron. “In addition, he had a knee, a hip and an ankle injury. He played with a broken ankle for too long, it caused serious damage.”

In spite of all that, Weber never complained.

“You never knew he was in pain. He showed up every day, did his job the best he could without a peep. He’s the ultimate warrior. He displayed enormous courage,” added Byron."

23 minutes ago, DON said:

https://cheeringthelogo.ca/2022/06/03/finally-some-information-about-webers-injuries/

Holy moly, cant imagine playing through this stuff and also playing as he did.

"According to Paul Byron, Shea Weber shouldn’t have played a single game as he was in such bad shape.

“Honestly, I don’t even know how he managed to play. He broke his thumb blocking a shot at the end of the season. We thought that his season was over, but he insisted to play”, said Byron. “In addition, he had a knee, a hip and an ankle injury. He played with a broken ankle for too long, it caused serious damage.”

In spite of all that, Weber never complained.

“You never knew he was in pain. He showed up every day, did his job the best he could without a peep. He’s the ultimate warrior. He displayed enormous courage,” added Byron."

Explains his mobility issues. 

You have to wonder how on earth did he elevate his game to all star status last playoffs? He was outstanding and with those injuries!

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Explains his mobility issues. 

You have to wonder how on earth did he elevate his game to all star status last playoffs? He was outstanding and with those injuries!

What if..he had been semi-healthy and could fire the slap shot. Any different outcome? I doubt it but ?

Carey Price Update

"I'm getting prepared to start my ramp-up and preparing for next season," Price said Friday. "I'm going to start preparing like I'm playing. I don't think I will actually have an idea of how that is going to look until later in the summer when I have taken all the necessary steps to get on the ice again."

So HuGo is likely screwed ... any decent options in goal will be long-gone by the time he knows Price's plans ... unless he adds a legit (not saying elite) NHL goaltender planning/hoping to deal Allen, or maybe the new guy, if Price does come back ... but what decent UFA/RFA goalie will want to come given the uncertainty ... so such a plan will cost assets for a trade.

36 minutes ago, DON said:

posted on the non-Laval prospects thread that he will rehad at his agent's facilities, not the Habs... :spamafote:

25 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

posted on the non-Laval prospects thread that he will rehad at his agent's facilities, not the Habs... :spamafote:

Mailloux has not signed a contract ... perhaps he cannot use the Habs facilities and medical resources.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

As i said... hes using the agents facilities cause hes not covered under insurance if something goes wrong at the Habs facility.

It sounds like the Habs trainers and staff will be keeping a close eye on him though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to wonder if Price really wants to go through another surgery with no promise of being able to play, and play well, at the end of the rehab.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

... Monahan update:

At least there is some good news

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I can’t believe that Price’s career is over…like WTF man 

Not yet officially ... it just seems like it's trending that way ... he went through almost a full season of rehab last season to come back and not be able to perform at even an NHL-average level ... I would be very surprised if he wants to do that again ... but athletes sometimes won't stop until it becomes absolutely impossible to continue.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Dosent seem any surprise at all.

Could be an expensive 154gms played for $84million for Molson. 

Guess Carey owes Bergevin a dinner.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Dryden comparison is IMO irrelevant as for those 8 years the Habs were likely the greatest, or at very least one of the greatest, 8-year teams of all-time.

The first 11 years of Roy/Price's careers (Roy's full career with the Habs) it varies from year-to-year but overall their goal support seems somewhat similar ... Roy won slightly more games as a percentage of starts ( .525 vs .514. ).

In those 11 seasons:

• Roy's   Habs made the playoffs 9 times, he won 61.9% of the 113 games he started
    ... 1 first round exit,   4 - 2nds, 1 - 3rd, 2 Cups
  • Price's Habs made the playoffs 8 times, he won 43.9% of the 57 games he started
    ... 4 first round exits, 2 - 2nds, 2 - 3rds (although he started only 1 game in the first 3rd round run)

What conclusion did you draw from the chart?

EDIT: initially reversed some playoff stats

5 minutes ago, DON said:

I agree with the author's conclusions.

Me too ... thought the Goals Saved Above Average was the most interesting chart.

image.png